1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 03:15
    @dj2becker said
    It would be a lie because it is true in the absolute sense of the word that you are not.
    The meaning of "lie" [noun] is a statement of something known to be untrue made in order to deceive. This is unaffected by whatever peculiar personal ideology you are propagating about "the absolute sense of the word". If SecondSon is right in thinking that what I said about myself was lie, so be it. You are free to to call it a lie too if you want, and if you do, the "absolute truth" thing you keep going on and on and on about has no bearing on it
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 06:262 edits
    @dj2becker said
    As FMF’s self pronounced lapdog (your words not mine), do you feel the need to jump to his defense at every turn or are you simply defending the integrity of the Dive lounge?
    I hardly read any of the exchanges between you and FMF because unlike him I don’t find you in the slightest bit interesting, the most interesting thing about you by far is that you trolled me about my dead mother and still take pleasure from it. Your nasty streak is the one thing that gains my interest.

Bottom line; I think you’re a very boring person with nothing to say who just likes to troll this forum.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 09:01
    @divegeester said
    I hardly read any of the exchanges between you and FMF because unlike him I don’t find you in the slightest bit interesting, the most interesting thing about you by far is that you trolled me about my dead mother and still take pleasure from it. Your nasty streak is the one thing that gains my interest.

Bottom line; I think you’re a very boring person with nothing to say who just likes to troll this forum.
    Couldn’t have described yourself better to me.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 14:57
    I have heard it said that that which you hate most in others is that which you yourself are. Wonder if there is truth to that?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 17:16
    @dj2becker said
    I have heard it said that that which you hate most in others is that which you yourself are. Wonder if there is truth to that?
    Listening to gossip again? Does that make any sense to you? What about God? Gods hates sin and evil. Would that make God and sinner himself? If a man is say a gambler, a womanizers', a thief, a liar etc etc .. why would he hate fellow gamblers, womanizers, thieves, liars etc ? Sounds like BS. But then look who posted it. Not surprised.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 18:021 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Listening to gossip again? Does that make any sense to you? What about God? Gods hates sin and evil. Would that make God and sinner himself? If a man is say a gambler, a womanizers', a thief, a liar etc etc .. why would he hate fellow gamblers, womanizers, thieves, liars etc ? Sounds like BS. But then look who posted it. Not surprised.
    I can understand fully why you would want to disagree with the above premise.

Obviously if Raj doesn’t agree with something it cannot be true because Raj is perfect. He can’t be wrong.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 18:20
    @dj2becker said
    There's a little truth in it as there is with most garden variety psychology idioms.

We all hate racism but few of us are.

We all love kind generous people...
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 18:46
    @dj2becker said
    It is not healthy to hate.

“I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.”

Booker T. Washington
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 18:57
    @rajk999 said
    I believe Becker speaks of the psychologist concept of "projection". While not all loathing is based on it, the concept is valid in some cases.
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 19:12
    @dj2becker said
    a character flaw manifested in others that plagues me too is a great source of distress

hate is also a character flaw
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 21:49
    Better is open rebuke,
    than hidden love.

Proverbs 27:5
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 21:50
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I believe Becker speaks of the psychologist concept of "projection". While not all loathing is based on it, the concept is valid in some cases.
    I know of that concept, but it is rare [in my experience] and limited to seriously disturbed people. Maybe dj2becker, because of the environment in which is repeatedly finds himself, will come across many of these types.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 21:54
    @dj2becker said
    I can understand fully why you would want to disagree with the above premise.

Obviously if Raj doesn’t agree with something it cannot be true because Raj is perfect. He can’t be wrong.
    Actually you are the expert at disturbed abusive people. My experience is not that broad.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 06:36
    @divegeester said
    Better is open rebuke,
    than hidden love.

Proverbs 27:5
    1 Peter 4:8

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 08:39
    @dj2becker said
    1 Peter 4:8

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
    What an excellent text.

Do you love your fellow Christians in this forum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree