1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:14
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    You raise a good question -- is it okay to call for "genocide" as long as the target population includes many people who are doing violent and terrible things?

We can use Taliban as an example. If this group is committing atrocities or harboring terrorists, action is needed to protect the innocent. But is it really okay to call for the termination of E ...[text shortened]... e "Good Samaritan" parable being told in which the Samaritan is instead a member of Taliban.
    The Taliban is not a nation or an ethnic group. So to eliminate the
    Taliban is not really genocide. It is no different than eliminating the
    Mafia criminal syndicate in the USA even though this organization
    may be made up of only one ethnic group. However, they do not
    represent the entire ethnic group, so to terminate them is not an
    attempt at genocide on the ethnic group.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by Dasa
    [b]In 1940 ..........should we have removed the SS Nazis from society?

Originally posted by FMF
    The Nazi movement and regime, of which the SS was a part, advocated and carried out genocide against people of a specific religion. Doesn't your call for a deliberate and systematic genocide, also against the people ...[text shortened]... enocide, but it still seems bizarre that you are also seeking to defend Dasa for what he said.
    When Christ returns He will determine who He will fight against as
    He did in the days of battle. You will probably still object due to
    your idea of genocide, but it will not matter to God what you think.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Taliban is not a nation or an ethnic group. So to eliminate the
    Taliban is not really genocide. It is no different than eliminating the
    Mafia criminal syndicate in the USA even though this organization
    may be made up of only one ethnic group. However, they do not
    represent the entire ethnic group, so to terminate them is not an
    attempt at genocide on the ethnic group.
    You're defending Dasa and his call for genocide against Muslims by arguing that it wouldn't be "genocide". He said that all Muslim men were to be "eradicated" (his word), even if they converted to other religions [his actual words were "force must be used and termination of all Muslims would be the rule. Muslims converting to other religions at the eleventh hour would not be accepted"], the women "would be allowed to prove themselves" to him and perhaps spared (his words exactly), and children would be spared. He was very explicit and very specific. Do you support the kind of genocide that Dasa is describing here?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:391 edit
    When Christ returns He will determine who He will fight against as
    He did in the days of battle. You will probably still object due to
    your idea of genocide, but it will not matter to God what you think.
    We are not debating what "God" thinks about me or what He thinks about Dasa's wish to see the "termination of all Muslims". We are debating what you think and what Dasa thinks and why you seek to speak for Dasa on this thread. It is noteworthy that you suddenly denied you were in favour of Dasa's proposed genocide as soon as I pointed out the parallels with the Nazi's attempted termination of all Jews. It is perhaps to your credit that you are now trying to distance yourself from Dasa's proposal, but it still doesn't explain why you are asserting that he is "against Genocide". He is lying about what he said in the deleted 19th Dec thread. Why are you making assertions about what he did and did not say in that thread?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're defending Dasa and his call for genocide against Muslims by arguing that it wouldn't be "genocide". He said that all Muslim men were to be "eradicated" (his word), even if they converted to other religions [his actual words were "force must be used and termination of all Muslims would be the rule. Muslims converting to other religions at the eleventh hour t and very specific. Do you support the kind of genocide that Dasa is describing here?
    This proves that your understanding of what Dasa meant is flawed.
    By Dasa's own words it had nothing to do with what religion they were.
    So if they are no longer believers in Islam, they would no longer be
    Muslim. So what was the reason he believed all of these persons
    should be eliminated? He answered that question later when He
    called them criminals. What did they do to be termed criminals?
    Did you ask Dasa that question?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 05:541 edit
    This proves that your understanding of what Dasa meant is flawed.
    By Dasa's own words it had nothing to do with what religion they were.
    Dasa proposed the termination of all Muslim men because they were Muslims, and perhaps the sparing of some Muslim women, even though they were Muslim. At least 2 or 3 dozen posters have read Dasa's "Peace" thread; several of them have corroborated my description (and verbatim quotation) of what Dasa said. Why do you continue to attempt to speak for Dasa? Is he currently banned? Has he asked you to speak for him?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:01
    Did you ask Dasa that question?
    I did not contribute to the "Peace" thread on 19th Dec. I followed it as it unfolded. I copied it to my computer. And I distributed it to people who might be interested in what Dasa has to say when he is really showing his true colours.

Dasa is lying about what he said and didn't say in that thread. The fact that he is now saying something different does not alter the fact that he called for the eradication of all Muslim men.

If all he said in that thread was that 'terrorists should be executed' if caught etc. etc., why was his thread deleted and why did he get a two week ban? And, if you did not read the thread yourself, why do you persist in making assertions about what he meant and didn't mean in the thread in question?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa proposed the termination of all Muslim men because they were Muslims, and perhaps the sparing of Muslim women, even though they were Muslim. At least 2 or 3 dozen posters have read Dasa's "Peace" thread; several of them have corroborated my description (and verbatim quotation) of what Dasa said. Why do you continue to attempt to speak for Dasa? Is he currently banned? Has he asked you to speak for him?
    I don't believe none of you understand what Dasa meant. I think I
    may be one of a few people who actually understand what he means.
    At times, most of us make statements that are not exactly what we
    mean. In Dasa'a case all the evidence points to that fact. However,
    in your hateful and assine way you continue to be unforgiving and
    refuse to admit your error in understanding of his misstatement.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:15
    However, in your hateful and assine way you continue to be unforgiving and
    refuse to admit your error in understanding of his misstatement.
    When it comes to Dasa's explicit call for genocide, the issue for you is how I am "hateful and asinine" for being "unforgiving" and for my "error in understanding"? And yet you yourself have not even read his statements in the deleted thread.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:19
    At times, most of us make statements that are not exactly what we
    mean. In Dasa'a case all the evidence points to that fact.
    Well then - if that is so - why doesn't Dasa stop lying about the things he said in the thread, apologise for saying them, and state what he actually means. That is: stop lying, apologise, clarify. Why aren't you calling on him to do this? Why are you attacking those who are asking him to stop lying and to apologise?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    When it comes to Dasa's explicit call for genocide, the issue for you is how I am "hateful and asinine" for being "unforgiving" and for my "error in understanding"? And yet you yourself have not even read his statements in the deleted thread.
    I do not need to read exactly what he said in that original post for
    I have your assertions to that. I have read many of his posts before
    and after that post you refer to. So I have enought evidence from
    those to determine that the post you are referring to must be either
    an error in wording on Dasa's part or a misunderstanding of what he
    meant or both. He stated himself that you were lying about him
    and that he did not use the word genocide and that apparently was
    not his intention. You misunderstood me in a similiar way and also
    accused me of calling for genocide. That is enough evidence for me.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:39
    So I have enought evidence from those to determine that the post you are referring to must be either an error in wording on Dasa's part or a misunderstanding of what he meant or both. He stated himself that you were lying about him
    and that he did not use the word genocide and that apparently was
    not his intention.
    Then why are you attacking his critics rather than urging him to stop lying, to apologise and to clarify? Are you not concerned that your behaviour here with regard to this matter might damage your own credibility when you make assertions in support of your own Christian beliefs on this forum.

By the way, it wasn't just 'one post' by Dasa on that thread - it was a longish OP and seven posts calling for a genocide of Muslim men (and some women too), it was sustained, crystal clear, explicit, including responses to questions, and with him repeating himself unequivocally - and he did use the word "genocide", arguing that it did not apply to the termination of Muslims [People who read the thread, or to whom I sent my copy of it, know this]. Why do you continue to speak for him when you have not seen it for yourself?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:501 edit
    You misunderstood me in a similiar way and also accused me of calling for genocide.
    I asked you if you were comfortable calling for a genocide in the way Dasa has despite the fact that it had parallels to what the Nazis did? And you said no.

However you did suggest that genocide wouldn't be the same with the Muslims as it was with the Jews because the Muslims' religion is "Satan inspired". When I pointed out that there were Christian Nazis who believed and claimed that Jews were Satanic and Satan inspired, you then suddenly dropped all talk of supporting genocide.

But you had done enough damage to yourself, I think, for you to have to start this thread, asserting that you are, in fact, "against Genocide". I can understand you trying to distance yourself from any suggestion you support genocide against Muslims, but I don't get why you are trying to speak for Dasa who explicitly advocated it. Is he banned? Did he ask you to speak for him?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 06:58
    PRESS the BUTTON
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 07:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I asked you if you were comfortable calling for a genocide in the way Dasa has despite the fact that it had parallels to what the Nazis did? And you said no.

However you did suggest that genocide wouldn't be the same with the Muslims as it was with the Jews because the Muslims' religion is "Satan inspired". When I pointed out that there were Christian Nazis ...[text shortened]... peak for Dasa who explicitly advocated it. Is he banned? Did he ask you to speak for him?
    Dasa posted on 12 Jan 2012 so I doubt that he has been banned.
    It is my opinion that you are a liar so I do not take what you say
    very seriously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree