1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 00:52
    @fmf said
    I was a committed Christian for well more than 25 years. I believed in "the reality of Christ in us, the 'Hope of Glory', our salvation is real" etc. etc. etc.
    You acknowledge all you were doing was pretending, so what you called yourself
    when doesn't really matter.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 00:55
    @kellyjay said
    You acknowledge all you were doing was pretending
    No. I am not saying I was pretending. I am saying the opposite. I am saying it was real to me at the time. I am not saying I was pretending. Go back and read what I wrote. I am saying that it was real to me. I am not saying I was pretending. You have gone off half cocked having misread one of my posts. Go back and read what I said.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 00:55
    @kellyjay said
    You acknowledge all you were doing was pretending, so what you called yourself
    when doesn't really matter.
    I was a Christian.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 00:57
    @kellyjay said
    You acknowledge all you were doing was pretending
    I acknowledge no such thing. I am saying the opposite of this. The complete opposite.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:01
    @fmf said
    I didn't. You have misread one of my posts. I have tried to draw your attention to it 2-3 times. I have not said I was "pretending". Quite the opposite. Go back and look at what I wrote.
    Did you have a relationship with God IN YOUR LIFE, was He real? If He was real how
    do you then deny God is not real now? You were pretending, you acknowledge that
    and I believe you, no disputing that. Mormons say they have this feeling that lets
    them know God is real, that isn't how it works. If it was real, it would be real in the
    past, present, and future. Reality doesn't change on whims of feelings.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:03
    @kellyjay said
    Did you have a relationship with God IN YOUR LIFE, was He real?
    It felt real and it had real effects on me at the time. Almost three decades. Sincere. Certain. Affected.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:04
    @kellyjay said
    If He was real how
    do you then deny God is not real now?
    I lost my faith.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:05
    @kellyjay said
    You were pretending, you acknowledge that
    I was not pretending. I do not "acknowledge" your mistaken/false characterization. I am saying the diametrically opposite thing, KellyJay. I wasn't pretending. Read the words.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:06
    @kellyjay said
    If it was real, it would be real in the
    past, present, and future.
    Does it feel real to you? Yes, it does. Well, it felt real to me too.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 01:08
    @kellyjay said
    Mormons say they have this feeling that lets
    them know God is real, that isn't how it works.
    Mormons are entitled to believe what they want about what they think is real.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 02:31
    @chaney3 said
    Fake.
    How do we know that Christians are the ones that are fake but Dive is the real deal?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:11
    @kellyjay said
    You have never been anything other than what you are now.
    How on Earth have you got the insight to say this?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:15
    @kellyjay said
    As I said, the only way your experiences could be the same as mine and everyone
    else who has had God in their lives is if we all pretend. If the reality of Christ in us
    the Hope of Glory, our salvation is real it is something you have yet to taste. I hope
    you two do get together, because He is the very best part of life. Not a god we
    make up between our ears, but God, our creator, savior, and friend.
    It is impossible to have the same experiences as a “saved” person by pretending.

You’re missing the point here.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:17
    @kellyjay said
    If there was no pretending why did you say you were pretending?
    He didn’t! What’s the matter with you?

You get like this with me too all head down and ears back lazer beam focused on completely the wrong thing.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:211 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Did you have a relationship with God IN YOUR LIFE, was He real? If He was real how
    do you then deny God is not real now? You were pretending, you acknowledge that
    and I believe you, no disputing that. Mormons say they have this feeling that lets
    them know God is real, that isn't how it works. If it was real, it would be real in the
    past, present, and future. Reality doesn't change on whims of feelings.
    This exchange between you and FMF is an interesting insight into your inability to extend your perseption to the other person’s position. It is helping me understand why I can go toe-to-toe with you for 6 pages and you still not see what’s right in front of your nose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree