Do you know Islam?

Do you know Islam?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ahosyney

And also read this:

Matt[15:22] And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matt[15:23] But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matt ...[text shortened]... u will find more and more in Christianity, unless you don't belive in all what inside the bible[/b]
You failed to continue to read the scripture. After Jesus had said this he did as the woman asked and sent her healing. You see she persisted in her faith and Christ responded accordingly. I think we can both agree that God responds ONLY to faith no matter who you are. You are correct that he had an obligation to FIRST preach the message to the Jewish people. This did not mean, however, that the message would not later be sent to the Gentiles. This is evident in how Christ reached out to the Gentile woman despite his obligation to the Jewish nation, no?

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by sjeg
Yes- Moslems are not allowed to depict Mohammed.

The are also not allowed to eat pork, drink alcohol, and until very recently, read books.

So is one to give us those habits too, in case we insult our Mohammedan neighbour.

Let Moslems have their rules. Let everyone else keep theirs. It's a case of mutual respect- and I don't see much balance here at all.
I don't know where from did you get your ideas about Islam, who told you that we were not allowed to read books

In some period of times Muslims were the only source of Books in the World , and your people used to come to Islamic countries to gain knowlage and schince from our scholars.

I think you need to re-read about Islam

By the way take a look at Joshua 6:21 and Samuel 15:3 and tell me what you think

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

For everyone please see this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8552135092079886288&q=miracles%20of%20quran&hl=en

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
11 Oct 06
1 edit

That's one charge- we discussed it, and it's there, plain to see.

Murder is another. The list goes on- Commandments didn't mean much to Mo', so how can his interpreted word of God mean anything at all?

And would oyu please answer my question, if I might be so bold- what's your interest in Islam?
It's plain to see that the charge of paedophilia cannot be proven, since Ayesha's putative age at marriage depends on what dating system you use.

As for murder, bring out something specific to talk about.

I'm interested in Islam because it's a major world religion, surprise, surprise. So I'm trying to find out more about it. So far my preconceptions have all been overturned; I am slowly acquiring insight. I have no particular axe to grind...

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
It's plain to see that the charge of paedophilia cannot be proven, since Ayesha's putative age at marriage depends on what dating system you use.

I'm interested in Islam because it's a major world religion, surprise, surprise. So I'm trying to find out more about it. So far my preconcept ...[text shortened]... ve all been overturned; I am slowly acquiring insight. I have no particular axe to grind...
That is plainly a falsehood, Bosse. ---> "It's plain to see that the charge of paedophilia cannot be proven, since Ayesha's putative age at marriage depends on what dating system you use. "

If you really want to drag out another discussion on this, I will oblige.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
11 Oct 06

I don't know where from did you get your ideas about Islam, who told you that we were not allowed to read books

In some period of times Muslims were the only source of Books in the World , and your people used to come to Islamic countries to gain knowlage and schince from our scholars.

I think you need to re-read about Islam

By the way take a look at Joshua 6:21 and Samuel 15:3 and tell me what you think
I think maybe you might need to learn a little more about Islam yourself. Do you really dispute this?

It's a whole other topic, which we can indeed discuus, if you wish.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
11 Oct 06

That is plainly a falsehood, Bosse. ---> "It's plain to see that the charge of paedophilia cannot be proven, since Ayesha's putative age at marriage depends on what dating system you use. "

If you really want to drag out another discussion on this, I will oblige.
The various sources on her age are far from unanimous, as you well know. A summary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha%27s_age_at_marriage

Furthermore, the "Mohammed was a paedophile" argument is a presentist critique:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentism_%28literary_and_historical_analysis%29

Far from cut and dried. Consider, too, that marrying girls once they'd reached puberty was widespread in the ancient world. To prove your case, you'd have to show that Ayesha had not reached that age.

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

I think maybe you might need to learn a little more about Islam yourself. Do you really dispute this?

It's a whole other topic, which we can indeed discuus, if you wish.
I'm ready do discuss anything you want with you but it seems to me that you are so aggresive and you have an Idea that you don't want to change, or don't belive that it might be incorrect. I'm not a scholar or expert but I'm a normal Muslim and I want give my message for us all to reach the truth.

when I opened this topic I wanted to know what do you feel about Islam and what do you know about it. I got the feeling that some people just take what they hear from media as a certain fact without giveing themselves a time to know the truth.

So my question was general and if you want a specific topic I don't mind.

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

I'm interested in Islam because it's a major world religion, surprise, surprise. So I'm trying to find out more about it. So far my preconcept ...[text shortened]... ve all been overturned; I am slowly acquiring insight. I have no particular axe to grind...
My brother I'm so happy to see your interest about Islam , if you need help I will be happy to help as much as I can.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
11 Oct 06

My brother I'm so happy to see your interest about Islam , if you need help I will be happy to help as much as I can.
Thanks. My main interest is in the area of Sufism.

c

Moves
11 Oct 06

I'm ready do discuss anything you want with you but it seems to me that you are so aggresive and you have an Idea that you don't want to change, or don't belive that it might be incorrect. I'm not a scholar or expert but I'm a normal Muslim and I want give my message for us all to reach the truth.

when I opened this topic I wanted to know what do you fe ...[text shortened]... ow the truth.

So my question was general and if you want a specific topic I don't mind.
My friend, I live in Malaysia. Our national religion is Islam, so I know quite a bit about Islam. I am not an expert and I don't spend time to actually read the Koran. In my opinion, the laws of Islam is unfair. There is no room for disagreement. And this is of course not only restricted to Malaysia. There is no freedom of choice, you see.

For example, Malaysia is a multi-religion country (although the official religion is Islam). The government tells you that you are free to choose your own religion, which is quite conforting to know. But when happens when a muslim marries a non-muslim? There is only one possible arrangement. The non-muslim MUST convert to muslim. There is no other choice. The muslim is not allowed to convert to other religion. Once you embrace Islam, then all your previous sins are 'washed' away. Very convenient.

The muslims are very, very sensitive people. The slightest comment you make about Islam, and they can easily interpret it as an attack on their religion. There is hardly any room for discussion. The only time when they are prepared to listen is when you want to get more information to convert to Islam.

All of them talk about living a happy life and assurances of paradise when you die. Through Islam, they claim to be good people. And yet, they majority of drug pushers and users are Muslims. These are just some of the plain facts.

Now I love my country, Malaysia. I think it is a beautiful country because we don't have wars and riots etc. But that doesn't change the fact that the some negative qualities of muslim societies in other nations are reflected here.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by ckoh1965
Now I love my country, Malaysia. I think it is a beautiful country because we don't have wars and riots etc. But that doesn't change the fact that the some negative qualities of muslim societies in other nations are reflected here.
It basically sounds like you're saying that Malaysian Muslims tend to be narrow-minded and insecure about their religion. I won't dispute that, since you live there. My experience in South Africa is different, but Muslims here are in a minority, so perhaps they've learnt how to chill out a bit. The Muslim contribution to SA culture and history is significant.

Are there any Sufis in Malaysia?

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

My friend, I live in Malaysia. Our national religion is Islam, so I know quite a bit about Islam. I am not an expert and I don't spend time to actually read the Koran. In my opinion, the laws of Islam is unfair. There is no room for disagreement. And this is of course not only restricted to Malaysia. There is no freedom of choice, you see.

For example, M ...[text shortened]... t that the some negative qualities of muslim societies in other nations are reflected here.
You said the Laws of Islam are unfair and you give on example to express that unfair. I want to know what else.

Islam is the only religon in which all people are the same. No difference between man and woman, rich and poor. When I talk here about Islam laws not how people practice it. There is a big different.

Your point about the majority og Drug pushers are muslims is the same fact that most of the Drug pushers in USA are Christians. Evil exist every where and because the majority of your people are muslims so evil ration of course will be greater.

a

Moves
11 Oct 06

For example, M ...[text shortened]... t that the some negative qualities of muslim societies in other nations are reflected here.
Let me ask a question :

What make you think that Islam is not Good:

1. Islamic rules? if yes what specific Rule.

2. Muslims themselves.

c

Moves
12 Oct 06

It basically sounds like you're saying that Malaysian Muslims tend to be narrow-minded and insecure about their religion. I won't dispute that, since you live there. My experience in South Africa is different, but Muslims here are in a minority, so perhaps they've learnt how to chill out a bit. The Muslim contribution to SA culture and history is significant.

Are there any Sufis in Malaysia?
I haven't been to SA, so I don't know about Muslims there. Yes, maybe being the minority makes a difference. But in other countries, being the minority is not a factor; Muslims are violent people anyway. For example, in our neighbour, the Philipines, the Muslims are the minority. The Philipines is overwhelmingly Christian, you see. But the southern portion of that country is mainly Muslim. That's where a Muslim group known as the Abu Sayaf 'rules'. There are of course terrorists. They kidnap people from other countries and demands ransons etc. When ransoms are not paid, they beheaded their hostages. Of course this thing about beheading people is not unique to the Philipines only. The Muslims terrorists somehow have that in common, no matter where they are.

In Malaysia, we had some minority groups who initiated similar terrorist activities. They trained people in martial arts etc. But thanks to our government, they were flushed out quickly. But still Islamic law is unfair on the whole.