Enemies of the cross of Christ

Enemies of the cross of Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you have a reading problem?
Not that I know of, can you answer the question?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Not that I know of, can you answer the question?
You have a reading problem.
You asked a similar question in this thread, and I did already answer.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

You have a reading problem.
You asked a similar question in this thread, and I did already answer.
That would be a memory problem not a reading problem. 😉

Perhaps I didn't think you answered the question, no worries. Boy, you are a hard guy to communicate with!

Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15
1 edit

That would be a memory problem not a reading problem. 😉

Perhaps I didn't think you answered the question, no worries. Boy, you are a hard guy to communicate with!

Thanks
Im not hard to communicate with at all. When I write anything is not my meaning clear? Do you have trouble understanding me? Do I not get to the point?

Probably what you are mistakenly calling 'hard to communicate with' is really about me not diverting from the topic. My personal life or situation is a diversion and irrelevant to what Christ and the Apostles stated in the Bible, as is your situation or anyone else's for that matter. Hence the reason why I dont ask personal questions .. it is irrelevant.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Oct 15

Mark 2:16-18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, “Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

18 John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting; and they *came and *said to Him, “Why do John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?”

Manny

PS: Rajk would of called Jesus a sinner but what did Jesus say ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

Originally posted by menace71
Mark 2:16-18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, “Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick ...[text shortened]... iples do not fast?”

Manny

PS: Rajk would of called Jesus a sinner but what did Jesus say ?
The level of ignorance which you proudly parade on this forum is appalling.

Let me help you out. Christ beef with the Pharisees was that they focused on the petty, shallow and superficial matters of the Law of Moses, ignoring the weightier matters.

When Christ returns his beef with Christianity will be along the same lines. Christianity is about trivialities and ceremony, about professing to Know Christ with their mouth rather than changing their hearts and improving their conduct.

The doctrine of Christ is about love, charity, good works, refraining from sin and keeping away from the worldliness. These are doctrines which are now ridiculed by Christians, who in these times see it fit and proper to refer to these in derogatory ways much like you have done here.

Paul in his letter to the Galatians which I quoted in the opening post, and which I notice you conveniently ignore, call such people enemies of the cross. You appear to be one of them.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

Im not hard to communicate with at all. When I write anything is not my meaning clear? Do you have trouble understanding me? Do I not get to the point?

Probably what you are mistakenly calling 'hard to communicate with' is really about me not diverting from the topic. My personal life or situation is a diversion and irrelevant to what Christ and the Apos ...[text shortened]... else's for that matter. Hence the reason why I dont ask personal questions .. it is irrelevant.
It may just be me, but the life of Jesus and what he has done for people individually is experiential. It is sharing what Jesus has done for us individually that the helps us to live out the great commission to reach others collectively.

You seem to me to be difficult to communicate with. I realize this is a public forum and one may not want to divulge too much, it is easily remedied with an obscure handle... like yours. Asking a personal question or something about you is not diverting or irrelevant it is just a question... I think you need to lighten up a bit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

It may just be me, but the life of Jesus and what he has done for people individually is experiential. It is sharing what Jesus has done for us individually that the helps us to live out the great commission to reach others collectively.

You seem to me to be difficult to communicate with. I realize this is a public forum and one may not want to divu ...[text shortened]... ou is not diverting or irrelevant it is just a question... I think you need to lighten up a bit.
I disagree and I dont know where you got all that from but its not in the Bible. Actually I think I do know where you got that from and it is the prevailing teaching in many churches.

Permit me to prove you wrong. In the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus give by Jesus the story ends on the following note :

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. (Luke 16:27-31)

Now there is a multitude of interpretations of the story and the message that Jesus intended. However in the end we see the rich man wanting to go and relate his experience to his brethren and testify of what he is going through so that they wont make the same mistake .. but Abraham says NO .. let them learn from Moses and the Prophets.

In our case we have much more .. the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Go learn from them.

I have quoted the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and you have ignored it. In this thread I quoted a passage from Galatians where Paul describes Christians who live sinful lives as enemies of the cross of Christ. I notice that you completely ignored it and you instead argue in favour of a contrary doctrine.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

I disagree and I dont know where you got all that from but its not in the Bible. Actually I think I do know where you got that from and it is the prevailing teaching in many churches.

Permit me to prove you wrong. In the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus give by Jesus the story ends on the following note :

[i]Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father ...[text shortened]... I notice that you completely ignored it and you instead argue in favour of a contrary doctrine.
The scripture you provided really has no bearing on this instance. That scripture has to do with someone that has already died and wants to warn loved ones... that are alive.

What I am asking...

How does anyone hear the good news and what God has done for you!

How does the goodness of God come alive except for someone sharing it with them. No?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

The scripture you provided really has no bearing on this instance. That scripture has to do with someone that has already died and wants to warn loved ones... that are alive.

What I am asking...

How does anyone hear the good news and what God has done for you!

How does the goodness of God come alive except for someone sharing it with them. No?
Again that is more church traditions and I cannot see it anywhere in the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. If you have references to support that I need to broadcast what God has done for me personally in order for them to be convinced of the good news, then I would like to see them

On the contrary you must be aware that there are at least 5 times I can remember off the top of my head where Jesus on doing something for someone, told them specifically NOT TO TELL ANYONE. You must know that.

There are occasions where the Apostles told others of events happened to them but that is not a general guideline for preaching.

The fact that you are saying that means you come from a type of Christianity that believe in shouting out at the top of their lungs what God did for them. Im not of that group. Im not saying that you are wrong. Im just saying that you are incorrect to say that I am wrong. I am from the quiet, minding-my-own-business type .. if you dont mind.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

Again that is more church traditions and I cannot see it anywhere in the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. If you have references to support that I need to broadcast what God has done for me personally in order for them to be convinced of the good news, then I would like to see them

On the contrary you must be aware that there are at least 5 times I ...[text shortened]... to say that I am wrong. I am from the quiet, minding-my-own-business type .. if you dont mind.
I don't believe in shouting anything from the roof tops unless God says so. Agree to disagree. Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

I don't believe in shouting anything from the roof tops unless God says so. Agree to disagree. Thanks
Ok .. I guess there is no references in the teachings of the Apostles for broadcasting what God did as a method of preaching the gospel ... is there?

Also what is your view of the opening post pertaining to Paul telling the saints at Galatia that those who continue with sin are enemies of the cross of Christ?

I notice Christians are generally avoiding that ... tells me that people are scared of the truth.

y

Moves
11 Oct 15
2 edits

Ok .. I guess there is no references in the teachings of the Apostles for broadcasting what God did as a method of preaching the gospel ... is there?

Also what is your view of the opening post pertaining to Paul telling the saints at Galatia that those who continue with sin are enemies of the cross of Christ?

I notice Christians are generally avoiding that ... tells me that people are scared of the truth.
How does Christians avoiding equate to being afraid of the truth? Maybe there just is no interest.

Edit: You assume everything you have said and as you have interpreted (Christians and the bible) are correct... I don't know that that is true or what I believe.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 15

How does Christians avoiding equate to being afraid of the truth? Maybe there just is no interest.

Edit: You assume everything you have said and as you have interpreted (Christians and the bible) are correct... I don't know that that is true or what I believe.
Well what is your interpretation then?

y

Moves
11 Oct 15

Well what is your interpretation then?
To be honest with you, seems like a lot of stuff to digest, and really don't want to address points. To summarize, I can only tell you my position overall and it is this...

There needs to be grace, you seem to me to come from the place of legalism and have the need to be right. I don't mean this as if to criticize it's how I see it. I can't put my finger on it, but seems like you may have little joy in your life... I hope that is not true but seems like it is. By grace, I don't mean that to be a license to sin, on the contrary, one should be moving away from sin in their life and towards Chist in all things. Sometimes we excell faster than others sometime we don't. I am truly glad for this scripture...

Philippians 1:6English Standard Version (ESV)

6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ

It's a promise, sometimes we think we are right about things and we are really wrong, God has grace for us while we get it right.

To give you something personal...

16 months ago I lost my wife to brain cancer after 20 years of marriage and I am fairly young (at least I think so). For me her deathi caused me to look at things different as it pertains to the Lord than I did before. It caused me to ask many questions, this has not stopped. I tell you this not so you can feel sorry for me, please don't. But maybe you should consider what some other Christians may have to say about a thing, it's possible they see a thing clearer than you do. Christians can speak into each other's lives, even here.