Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are making my argument for me. Suppose we know the universe will crash in whatever, a quadrillion years (thousand trillion years) and you know this supposed punishment goes on for trillions of trillions of trillions of years.

First off, what would be the point of this loving gracious god to do that in the first place and in the second place, it seem ...[text shortened]... t not so deeply brainwashed by all this utter rot they cannot escape with their minds left sane.
I think you are viewing God in terms that make you feel good about Him, not as the
scripture show Him to be.

I think God's grace shows us that His forgiveness wipes away all of our sins, we are
forgiven He took all of our sins upon Himself. His grace is so complete we will live
forever without any guilt because He took it all.

I think God's wrath will be just as complete, there will be no mercy, no easing up due to
the suffering one is going through it will be just as complete and total.

There is no limit to God, energy is nothing to Him, He created the universe by the power
of His Word and by that same power holds it all together. You think God gets tired, that
He is limited as we are when it comes to energy?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think you are viewing God in terms that make you feel good about Him, not as the

I think God's grace shows us that His forgiveness wipes away all of our sins, we are
forgiven He took all of our sins upon Himself. His grace is so complete we will live

I think God's wrath w ...[text shortened]... t all together. You think God gets tired, that
So like 100 quadrillion years later after 50 universes have come and gone, every now and again, it checks to see how the suffering is going?

Can't you see how much absolute bullshyte that whole tale is?

The amount of BS you have to swallow gets bigger and bigger the more you think about it. Of course the problem is you don't think about it, just go back to the circular reasoning of the bible so you don't HAVE to think about it. The fact is, you don't WANT to think about it, you want to wallow in the mud of unreality that is Christianity.

Why is it 100 million died in WW2?

That is, without a word from your precious lord?

So what WOULD be the number that would cause your deity to speak out against such brutality?

200 million? Would that do it? One billion? 8 billion? At that point there would be no more humans alive. My theory is even then, your alleged deity would not speak out.

Just go, oh well, back to the drawing board. I am bound to get this right SOME millennium.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 15

So like 100 quadrillion years later after 50 universes have come and gone, every now and again, it checks to see how the suffering is going?

The amount of BS you have to swallow gets bigger and bigger the more you think about it. Of course the problem is you don't think about it, just go ...[text shortened]... t.

Just go, oh well, back to the drawing board. I am bound to get this right SOME millennium.
No I see it as the more horrible thing I can imagine beyond anything I could think of or
come with on my own, a devil's hell. As God's grace and mercy is great so will His wrath
and judgment. Simply because I dislike it, does not mean it isn't part of reality.

This life is temporary every single person that lived a 150 years ago has died, it didn't
have to be in a war, a sickness, or any other nasty thing yet they are all dead. What is
coming is forever, like it or not we are along with everyone else moving toward that time
when we give an answer for the life we were given.

w

Moves
15 Dec 15

How much energy would it take to keep billions of sinners in hell burning for trillions of years and how much energy would be expended keeping people alive for trillions of years?

You would have to admit it would be for at least trillions of years, maybe quadrillions of years, right.

That's what forever and ever means as far as I know.
The carbon taxes alone would be astronomical.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Dec 15

No I see it as the more horrible thing I can imagine beyond anything I could think of or
come with on my own, a devil's hell. As God's grace and mercy is great so will His wrath
and judgment. Simply because I dislike it, does not mean it isn't part of reality.

This life is temporary every single person that lived a 150 years ago has died, it didn't
ha ...[text shortened]... g with everyone else moving toward that time
when we give an answer for the life we were given.
So what about the 100 million people who died in WW2? Why was there not a peep from your deity?

What do you figure would be a number that would cause your deity to respond?

200 million? 1 billion? 5 billion? 7 billion? 8 billion?

Everyone on the planet dies and still no response from your god?

100 million was a significant percent of the human population in the 1940's.

What percentage of the human race would have to die before your deity stepped in and say No Mas?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
15 Dec 15

How much energy would it take to keep billions of sinners in hell burning for trillions of years and how much energy would be expended keeping people alive for trillions of years?

You would have to admit it would be for at least trillions of years, maybe quadrillions of years, right.

That's what forever and ever means as far as I know.
Enquiring minds want to know...

🙄

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 15

So what about the 100 million people who died in WW2? Why was there not a peep from your deity?

What do you figure would be a number that would cause your deity to respond?

200 million? 1 billion? 5 billion? 7 billion? 8 billion?

Everyone on the planet dies and still no response from your god?

100 million was a significant percent of the human ...[text shortened]... What percentage of the human race would have to die before your deity stepped in and say No Mas?
We all have a limited life spans, it doesn't matter that they died in war or not they were all
going to die. Each one has a life that does not end with this life time, and that is the only
thing each one of them now is concern about not when all of their choices ended, but the
fate that now awaits them. The response from God was that after the flood we were told
we could get 120 years and that was it here, and that some point in time after that there
will be a time where we give an account.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 15
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Of course sonship's sect believe that the woe of those hung in chains of eternal punishment is a warning to those on other worlds, and therefore those on other worlds will be able to witness the eternal burning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not in a sect. We receive all Christians at our Lord's table meeting and for fellowship without examining their doctrinal beliefs. If Christ has received them then the local church receives them.

You like to return to this "hung in chains" expression. Here it is:

"And the angels who did not keep their own principality but abandoned their own dwelling place, He has kept in eternal bonds under gloom for the judgment of the great day." (Jude 1:6)

In the Recovery Version it is rendered "eternal bonds" .
Here are some other English translations:

NIV - "bound with everlasting chains..."
English Standard Version - " kept in eternal chains "
Berean Study Bible - " in eternal chains for judgment "
New American Standard - " kept in eternal bonds "
NET Bible - "kept in eternal chains "
New American Standard 1977 - " kept in eternal bonds"
King James 1000 Bible - "reserved in everlasting chains "
Douay-Rheims Bible - " in everlasting chains "
J N Darby New Translation - " he keeps in eternal chains"

How does your New Testament translate Jude 1:6 ?

The CHAINS seem only to be written concerning these fallen angels.
Now the question is - Is everlasting punishment in any way a spectacle or warning to the saved in the new heaven and new earth ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 15
1 edit

divegeester cont.

First it is evident that God's kindness is to be a testament to whatever watching eyes exist in the ages to come -

" That He [God] might display in the ages to come the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:7)

I take that to mean an eternal display of His kindness in God's grace. The same thought here:

"In order that now to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenlies the multifarious wisdom of God might be made known through the church, according to the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord ..." (3:10,11)

That is a display on the positive side. What about the awful negative side of His eternal judgment ? Apparently that was seen in the prophet Isaiah as a everlasting testimonial also. In speaking of the new heaven and new earth the prophet says -

" For as the new heavens and new earth, which I make, Remain before Me, declares Jehovah, So will your seed and your name remain.

And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will come to bow down before Me, says Jehovah.

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all flesh." (Isaiah 66:22-24)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 15

divegeester cont.

The last book of the Bible Revelation closes with something similar in Revelation 22:14,15 and 21:8.

"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me.

But the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and fornicators and sorcerers and idolaters and all the false, their part will be in the lake of fire which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (21:8)

And the prophet Daniel speaking of the final resurrection says -

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to reproach, to eternal contempt." (Dan. 12:2)

What I wrote years ago here, (the precise wording, I don't recall), was far from a sectarian opinion. God must have reason that the display of the FAILED rebellion be witnessed on into eternity. So we should surrender our hearts to Jesus Christ to be a part of God's eternal purpose and blessing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Dec 15

We all have a limited life spans, it doesn't matter that they died in war or not they were all
going to die. Each one has a life that does not end with this life time, and that is the only
thing each one of them now is concern about not when all of their choices ended, but the
fate that now awaits them. The response from God was that after the flood we w ...[text shortened]... it here, and that some point in time after that there
will be a time where we give an account.
So the amount of suffering to get to those deaths means nothing to your alleged deity. Nice to know that about your so-called gracious lord.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Dec 15
1 edit

The amount of BS you have to swallow gets bigger and bigger the more you think about it. Of course the problem is you don't think about it, just go ...[text shortened]... t.

You have been listening to Dasa too much. There is only one universe, this one is it. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 15
2 edits

David Bentley Hart critiques pop books by New Atheists - Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, Dennett

David Bentley Hart - "Christianity and Its Fashionable Enemies "

T

Moves
18 Dec 15
4 edits

I think God's wrath w ...[text shortened]... t all together. You think God gets tired, that

I think you are viewing God in terms that make you feel good about Him, not as the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth show Him to be.

Isn't it interesting how the motivation for your beliefs as well a those you attribute to sonhouse are one and the same?

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonship
Now the question is - Is everlasting punishment in any way a spectacle or warning to the saved in the new heaven and new earth ?
Where can non-believers see for themselves this "spectacle" of people hung out in chains in "everlasting punishment"?