1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 00:193 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where can non-believers see for themselves this "spectacle" of people hung out in chains in "everlasting punishment"?
    From what I hear, jaywill has spent many a cold winter hour building a life-size diorama that takes up the entirety of his basement of just that. Now if only he can figure out how to get it out of there...
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 00:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You have been listening to Dasa too much. There is only one universe, this one is it. 😏
    What do you mean by universe?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 08:18
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What do you mean by universe?
    Wikipedia says the Universe is customarily defined as everything that exists, everything that has existed, and everything that will exist. I accept this definition.

The Near Genius 😏
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 09:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    David Bentley Hart critiques pop books by New Atheists - Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, Dennett

[b] David Bentley Hart - "Christianity and Its Fashionable Enemies "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWEYuhiWzE[/b]
    I can hardly imagine that you could have pick a more boring speaker.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 09:34
    Now the question is - Is everlasting punishment in any way a spectacle or warning to the saved in the new heaven and new earth ?
    BUMP for sonship.

Where can non-believers see for themselves this "spectacle" of people hung out in chains in "everlasting punishment"?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 09:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So the amount of suffering to get to those deaths means nothing to your alleged deity. Nice to know that about your so-called gracious lord.
    The amount of suffering I'd say does mean something, but more times than not we are
    the ones adding to that suffering when we can be taking it away, we add to it by our
    disregard for others and ourselves.

My point to you is that saying that people die due to X or Y is meaningless because we
    are all going to die no matter what, even if it is due to old age in our sleep it is still going
    to happen no matter.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 17:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The amount of suffering I'd say does mean something, but more times than not we are
    the ones adding to that suffering when we can be taking it away, we add to it by our
    disregard for others and ourselves.

My point to you is that saying that people die due to X or Y is meaningless because we
    are all going to die no matter what, even if it is due to old age in our sleep it is still going
    to happen no matter.
    Like I said, your god cares nothing about suffering or it would have done something about it. Not a word, not a billboard or ad in a paper, nope, nothing.

That tells me quite clearly the whole god thing is just another story made up by men, especially with the aim of controlling the population, which it has quite well.

A real deity would never have created a situation where religions are at each other's throats either. That I firmly believe and nothing anyone can say or foist off bible verse can do to change that.

Religion is the biggest scam of all time. But it worked extraordinarily well, have to give them that.

So for the past three thousand years it has been nothing but one religious war after another.

I don't see a real deity allowing that.

Of course some of you will just say, that is the devil at work. I say Bullshyte, it is men making excuses as to why they should kill.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 23:40
    Like I said, your god cares nothing about suffering or it would have done something about it. Not a word, not a billboard or ad in a paper, nope, nothing.

That tells me quite clearly the whole god thing is just another story made up by men, especially with the aim of controlling the population, which it has quite well.

A real deity would never have c ...[text shortened]... that is the devil at work. I say Bullshyte, it is men making excuses as to why they should kill.
    You don't have clue about what God cares for and doesn't! I've seen more posts from you
    on what God should and shouldn't do more than many Christians here, and the only thing
    that you are basing all of your views on is on how you'd do things. Then you run down the
    notion of God by doing the very thing you claim believers are doing, bad mouthing God by
    the thoughts you have made up about God.

"A real deity would never..." as if you have a stinking clue what a real deity would or would
    not do, the one you make up in your mind you can speak for, but the real One you have
    no idea.

With respect to how people behave, we do murder and war with one another because we
    are a broken race that is our fallen nature. You have gone on and on about why didn't God
    stop world wars, why did we start them? Would all of those people that died during those
    wars still be alive or would they be dying off for other reasons even now no matter what?

You should look at God as is, not as you make Him up.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 14:412 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    BUMP for sonship.

If you can explain to me why your question deserves serious reply, maybe I'll think of a reply.

Why do you think this is an interesting question that deserve my serious reply? It is even framed as if you did not bother to read what I wrote above - that "chains" or bonds I only see used in referenced to angels, and even that to certain of them among the whole realm of bad angels.

Go back and read my submission again carefully. And don't ask a kind of "business as usual" frivolous question just to get me talking.

FMF, you think perhaps you're being clever. But your question is kind of stupid.

Its not a clever question FMF. It is a stupid one. And now you will likely labor to explain why it is not a stupid question. Sometimes I do get in the mood to humor some cleverly arranged thoughts followed by a question mark. But when one's quota of such devices gets too high, I lose interest even in that.

Check google under "Can God make a rock too heavy for Him to lift ?" Maybe your answer is along side of that. .
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 14:46
    FMF, you think perhaps you're being clever. But your question is kind of stupid.
    A "spectacle" is something one can see. Where can non-believers see the "spectacle" that you described?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 14:52
    Divegeester, Can you reply with either a Yes or a No ?

Paul asks the question in Romans - Is God unrighteous to inflict wrath ?

" Is the God who inflicts wrath unrighteous ? (See Rom. 3:5b)

Would you reply to the Apostle Paul "Yes" or "No" ?

The whole verse ?

"But if our unrighteousness commends the righteousness of God, what shall we say?

Is the God who inflicts wrath unrighteous ?

I speak according to man." (Rom. 3:5)

Is God unrighteous who inflicts wrath in judgment divegeester ?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 14:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't have clue about what God cares for and doesn't! I've seen more posts from you
    on what God should and shouldn't do more than many Christians here, and the only thing
    that you are basing all of your views on is on how you'd do things. Then you run down the
    notion of God by doing the very thing you claim believers are doing, bad mouthing God by
    t ...[text shortened]... other reasons even now no matter what?

You should look at God as is, not as you make Him up.
    I don't have to look at him as I make him up, since it was already made up by men thousands of years ago.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 15:024 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    A "spectacle" is something one can see. Where can non-believers see the "spectacle" that you described?
    I am pretty clear what a spectacle is.

Eternal damnation is not remedial. It is punishment. It is retribution.

Before this last and final drastic judgment, God does a lot to correct, to rescue, to educate for the benefit of the straying one. God does a lot before the ultimate perdition of those who refuse His correction.

At this final stage, the lost one's benefit as to, let us say, benefiting and being reformed by observing himself, is OVER. Its seems to be all over. Correction, education, refining, is through. There is just eternal punishment.

God lets the lost one know just how He thinks about the continuous frozen state of his unrepentant revolt against God. I don't see the final eternal perdition as designed to be observed by the damned for their edification. It is not for their edification. It is for their endless punishment.

So we need to look to Calvary, and worship God in Christ who went to such an extent that we would be redeemed and made one with God.

There is a FINAL, and a LAST step of God dealing with the sinners.
    Now I'll be away from the board for a week.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 15:03
    I don't have to look at him as I make him up, since it was already made up by men thousands of years ago.
    You can keep telling yourself that, or accept that the same God has been around for
    thousands of years and men have been experiencing him all this time.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 15:05
    I am pretty clear what a spectacle is.

So I'll humor you a bit. I know that these are difficult matters which sometimes take a long time, maybe a lifetime.

I am going to be away from the board for a week.
    Eternal damnation is not remedial. It is punishment. It is retribution.

[i[ Before [/i] this last and final drastic judgment, God does a lot ...[text shortened]... orship God in Christ who went to such an extent that we would be redeemed and made one with God.
    You described it as "a spectacle or warning to the saved in the new heaven and new earth". But now you seem to be backing away from the word "spectacle" because, of course, no one can see it. How is it a deterrent or "warning" if it cannot be seen or witnessed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree