Eternal One

Eternal One

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @sonship
He can and more.
He sees what we see but He sees infinitely more.

Eternal life means to me not just endless duration.
It mean a quality of life that is without limit.

Look at creation. God must master processes so minute as on a quantum level taking billionths of second. Yet He also masters processes which take billions years and of immense size.

He sees it all.
I agree He sees it all, from the smallest to the largest, and the whole, and He even knows
where it is all going. He is beyond our ability to grasp, yet He became one of us so we
see Him in terms we could understand. This was for us, not Him, His love for us has Him
acting out not to fulfill something missing in His life, but ours. We can trust in His love for
us, He is a sure foundation, someone who will NEVER leave us or forsake us.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
I think you have missed the point. Do you believe god experiences, perceives and is subject to time in the same way as humans are and he therefore actually feels the same mixture of emotion and impatience and yearning - loneliness - as humans do, as a result of the sensation of time passing slowly?
I said before and repeat now - yes and more.

Yes and some.

If the New Testament says not to grieve the Holy Spirit (Who is Christ and God in that form) then it means God can be so grieved or mad sad.

New American Standard Bible Eph. 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

It is good to read the Bible.
It is good to read the whole Bible.
Its good to read everything there in it.

And that is probably all the time my wife will permit me on the PC for now this morning.
Bye.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Yes and some.
So eternity feels like a very, very long and lonely time to the putitive creator of the universe, who is supposedly without beginning or end, and who exists in a dimension that transcends time, and all this has a similar emotional effect on him as it has on humans. Are you sure?

Does his sense of loneliness differ in any way from the loneliness felt by humans?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 17

Yes and some.

If the New Testament says not to grieve the Holy Spirit (Who is Christ and God in that form) then it means God can be so grieved or mad sad.

[quote] New American Standard Bible [b]Eph. 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. [/b ...[text shortened]... And that is probably all the time my wife will permit me on the PC for now this morning.
Bye.
I agree, He can be moved to being angry, sad, and yet neither of those are bad. He talks
to us, He calls us out by name, He isn't some distant pie in the sky god, but one who is
closer than a brother. He wants relationship, which is why He wants us to have His Spirit
within us, so we can see the difference between living the flesh and the Spirit. It is all still
based upon His love for us, and if we reject Him, He lets us go. In the end when this life
is put up on display and everything hidden is brought out into the light, we will see things
about this life that we attempted to keep hidden. The great thing about God's salvation is
that it is God's salvation, we cannot add to it, there is no need, when Jesus said it is
finished, it was. We do want to add to it, because it like in our rebellion are telling God
what He said and did wasn't enough. He offers grace, unmerited favor to all sinners no
matter how bad, then He tells us to do the same to each other.

The thing is I'm so glad His grace is as it is, none of us could stand otherwise.

rain

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You have some way to prove He needs it?
He deserves it, that is not the same thing.
Donald Trump can't be proven to need praise, but it is quite apparent in his behavior. The same with God.

God even says he will not share his glory with anyone. Sounds like something Trump would say, doesn't it?

rain

Moves
09 Sep 17

It can be argued that God needs worship. Worship and glory are paramount motivations for things God does in the bible. He even has angels ceaseless shouting "Holy!" day and night.

Do you see God having a need in the death of Christ ?

I mean the way Christ steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem to be crucified. He saw it as the ...[text shortened]... laws? Do you see God has having an urgent need that our guilty selves be justified before Him ?
Given that God can see the future and still let men fall, it can be argued that God sent Jesus to be tortured for the glory of being able to say he did.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @vivify
Donald Trump can't be proven to need praise, but it is quite apparent in his behavior. The same with God.

God even says he will not share his glory with anyone. Sounds like something Trump would say, doesn't it?
So why should the King of the Universe share His glory with a man, what have we done
compared to what God has done in creation, or doing it now by holding all together? We
are full of ourselves if you want to place yourself next to God like that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 17

Given that God can see the future and still let men fall, it can be argued that God sent Jesus to be tortured for the glory of being able to say he did.
You can pass judgment upon God, calling Him evil, being blind as you are, talking about
someone who sees everything. You have no clue what God is doing and why, yet that
doesn't stop you from belittling Him. You find yourself in the position of calling good bad,
you are in the rebellion against Him.

rain

Moves
09 Sep 17

So why should the King of the Universe share His glory with a man, what have we done
compared to what God has done in creation, or doing it now by holding all together? We
are full of ourselves if you want to place yourself next to God like that.
Isn't letting mankind fall, knowing many will burn in hell, just so you can let your son be tortured for "glory" also being full of yourself?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 17

Isn't letting mankind fall, knowing many will burn in hell, just so you can let your son be tortured for "glory" also being full of yourself?
Mankind has been saved, for those that accept the gift, rejecting it so you can belittle the
one saving you is being a bit full of yourself.

E

Moves
09 Sep 17

Mankind has been saved, for those that accept the gift, rejecting it so you can belittle the
Accepting Jesus as Lord of one's life.

Saying words mean nothing. See the parable of the rwo sons if you have eyes to see.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

The question is, can we get a full list of the torturer god's anthropomorphic weaknesses? Does the Bible list them?

rain

Moves
09 Sep 17

Ever head of the doctrine of election? It's basically God picking who will be saved and who won't be, not the human beings in question:

" It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort".

Yet again, this is an objective case of God being full of himself.

E

Moves
09 Sep 17

Ever head of the doctrine of election? It's basically God picking who will be saved and who won't be, not the human beings in question:

" It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort".

Yet again, this is an objective case of God being full of himself.
In the eyes of the children of Satan.

rain

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
In the eyes of the children of Satan.
If a hospital is fully able to give any and everyone life-saving medicine medicine, but decides to only give some to pre-selected people....wouldn't that be an evil decision?