1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:553 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So eternity feels like a very, very long and lonely time to the putitive creator of the universe, who is supposedly without beginning or end, and who exists in a dimension that transcends time, and all this has a similar emotional effect on him as it has on humans. Are you sure?

Does his sense of loneliness differ in any way from the loneliness felt by humans?

I don't know that much.
    But what He made us reflects His own feelings.

It is impossible for me to read through the Bible and not notice that the All-sufficient, Self existing, God who in a sense needs nothing, expresses His longing.

Take for example His reminding Israel how in love they were when He led them out of Egypt.

" Go cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus says Jehovah:

I remember concerning you the kindness of your youth, The love of your bridal days,
    When you followed after Me in the wilderness, In a land that was not sown." (Jeremiah 2:2)

God longs for the devotion and love Israel had in her "bridal days" when she was just delivered from Egypt to follow Jehovah God.

This is an expression of some sentimentality.
    God wanted them to know how He felt - a need for their former love to return.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:571 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yeah I mean if 'he' was eternal then he wouldn't need to be a 'he' .

Christians dont seem to get that
    Of course there is no gender in the afterlife.

The position of father is more than just being male.

Of course being who you are, you are so I do not expect you to understand.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 21:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This is all good.

The question at hand is "Does God have a need?"

Do you remember the story of Hannah one of the rival wives of Elkanah [b](First Samuel)
    ? She was vexed because she could not have a child. She was taunted and made miserable by Elkanah's other child bearing wife.

Now Hannah made a vow to God. She said IF... God would give her ...[text shortened]... ives, he is lent to Jehovah. " (1 Cam. 1:27,28) [/b] [/quote]

Didn't God have a need there ?[/b]
    No
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 02:48
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Exactly. You told me what you thought. You thought you should judge the God of predestination to be evil.
    Here is one other point, I don't believe that god between your ears is real. So condemning
    that thing isn't judging God who is very real, and quite beyond me.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 02:521 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Here is one other point, I don't believe that god between your ears is real. So condemning
    that thing isn't judging God who is very real, and quite beyond me.
    The point is that a Child of God understands that God determines what is good and evil. Even if God throws every human in hell, God would still be good.

You, on the other hand, believe God can be judged by man's morality.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:13
    The point is that a Child of God understands that God determines what is good and evil. Even if God throws every human in hell, God would still be good.

You, on the other hand, believe God can be judged by man's morality.
    Yes, God determines who goes to Hell, and what is and isn't good or evil. I've not denied
    that. I would ask where you got that I have said otherwise, but frankly I don't care. I'm not
    overly concern about why you say things the things you do any more. You say very nasty
    things about Jesus, and defend Satan now and then, so I suppose everyone else is fair
    game to you too. That is just you being you.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:17
    Yes, God determines who goes to Hell, and what is and isn't good or evil. I've not denied
    that. I would ask where you got that I have said otherwise, but frankly I don't care. I'm not
    overly concern about why you say things the things you do any more. You say very nasty
    things about Jesus, and defend Satan now and then, so I suppose everyone else is fair
    game to you too. That is just you being you.
    You do deny that God determines what is good.

God can only be good if God is as you believe he is.

I say God is good without reference to how I view God.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:29
    You do deny that God determines what is good.

God can only be good if God is as you believe he is.

I say God is good without reference to how I view God.
    I do not deny God determines what is good, never once have, but you have accused me
    of it, why don't know, and don't care.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:321 edit
    I do not deny God determines what is good, never once have, but you have accused me
    of it, why don't know, and don't care.
    You said that if God predestines those who go to heaven and hell that God would be evil.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:35
    You said that if God predestines those who go to heaven and hell that God would be evil.
    What happens between your ears, isn't god.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:37
    What happens between your ears, isn't god.
    As I said, you do not believe God to be good simply by being God. You believe if God acts in certain ways God can be evil.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:40
    As I said, you do not believe God to be good simply by being God. You believe if God acts in certain ways God can be evil.
    Quote me, accusing me of things without actually using my words, not much to go on.
    I know what I believe, and Spanky, you don't.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:54
    Quote me, accusing me of things without actually using my words, not much to go on.
    I know what I believe, and Spanky, you don't.
    Your words...

If God forces all of our choices on us then punishes us for those choices He made for us,
    that would be evil in my opinion.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 05:11
    Your words...

If God forces all of our choices on us then punishes us for those choices He made for us,
    that would be evil in my opinion.
    Good night butt wheat.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 06:013 edits
    No
    Hanah had the sense that God had a need.
    Would you believe that ?

If she thought that God needs nothing, she would not have asked for a son to lend to Jehovah.

Let's come up to the New Testament. In John 15 the true Vine Christ and the abiding branches, the disciples form one organic entity. That is the Vine and its branches are needed by the husbandman in order to bear fruit.

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, he takes away, and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it that it may bear more fruit. " (John 15:1)

The Father, the Husbandman has a need to have the vine and the branches bear fruit.

" Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." (vs.4,5)

The vine needs the branches and the branches need the vine. The Father the husbandman needs the entire plant - vine and branches.

"In this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and so you will be My disciples." (v.8)

The Father needs to be glorified through the entire organism of the true vine and the branches bearing fruit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree