1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:52
    Originally posted by @vivify
    If a hospital is fully able to give any and everyone life-saving medicine medicine, but decides to only give some to pre-selected people....wouldn't that be an evil decision?
    That depends. Did God want the hospital to reject them or did God want them admitted?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:20
    Originally posted by @eladar
    That depends. Did God want the hospital to reject them or did God want them admitted?
    In other words, God doesn't do something because it's good, it's good because God does it. Got it.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:21
    In other words, God doesn't do something because it's good, it's good because God does it. Got it.
    That's how a child of Satan would look at it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:34
    Ever head of the doctrine of election? It's basically God picking who will be saved and who won't be, not the human beings in question:

" It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort".

Yet again, this is an objective case of God being full of himself.
    There is I believe at least one here who believes that, I am not one of them. I believe God has given us choice and we are making them daily. I believe God is the only one who could such a thing.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:40
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    There is I believe at least one here who believes that, I am not one of them. I believe God has given us choice and we are making them daily. I believe God is the only one who could such a thing.
    You believe that such a God would be evil.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 18:49
    You believe that such a God would be evil.
    Such a God as what?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 18:55
    Such a God as what?
    You believe such a God would be evil. Or perhaps you prefer the term immoral.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 19:171 edit
    You believe such a God would be evil. Or perhaps you prefer the term immoral.
    I cannot read minds, a such as what, that doesn't let people make a choice, or one that
    lets us make all the choices?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 19:19
    I cannot read minds, a such as what, that doesn't let people make a choice, or one that
    lets us make all the choices?
    The God of predestination.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 19:36
    The God of predestination.
    If God forces all of our choices on us then punishes us for those choices He made for us,
    that would be evil in my opinion. If God knows the choices we make, and allows us to make
    them good or bad, that makes our choices our own, and God is not evil, because of the
    choices we make, we are.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 19:38
    If God forces all of our choices on us then punishes us for those choices He made for us,
    that would be evil in my opinion. If God knows the choices we make, and allows us to make
    them good or bad, that makes our choices our own, and God is not evil, because of the
    choices we make, we are.
    So you believe it is the created's position to judge the creator. You believe God should be judged by man's point of view.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 19:54
    So you believe it is the created's position to judge the creator. You believe God should be judged by man's point of view.
    No, you asked me what I thought I told you, and now you want to judge me for replying
    to your question? I don't know why I bothered!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:21
    This is all good.

The question at hand is "Does God have a need?"

Do you remember the story of Hannah one of the rival wives of Elkanah (First Samuel) ? She was vexed because she could not have a child. She was taunted and made miserable by Elkanah's other child bearing wife.

Now Hannah made a vow to God. She said IF... God would give her a son she would lend Him to God as a consecrated priest all his days.

God was poor, in terms of not having a consecrated priest . The Bible says -

"And she made a vow and said, O Jehovah of hosts, if You will indeed look upon the affliction of Your female servant and remember me and not forget You demale servant, but give to Your female servant a male child, then I will give him to Jehovah for all the days of his life, and no razor will come upon his head." (1 Samuel 1:11)

There is no question that Hanah felt her sore need. But did not God also have a need for His purposes ? Think of how poor Eli the presiding priest was, and his miserable priestly sons. Think of how great the priest Samuel was and what he accomplished for God.

Hanah keeps her promise when she has the baby boy Samuel.

"It was for this child that I prayed and Jehovah has granted me my request that I requested from Him.

Therefore I, for my part, have lent him to Jehovah, all the days that he lives, he is lent to Jehovah. " (1 Cam. 1:27,28)

Didn't God have a need there ?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:39
    No, you asked me what I thought I told you, and now you want to judge me for replying
    to your question? I don't know why I bothered!
    Exactly. You told me what you thought. You thought you should judge the God of predestination to be evil.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:47
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So eternity feels like a very, very long and lonely time to the putitive creator of the universe, who is supposedly without beginning or end, and who exists in a dimension that transcends time, and all this has a similar emotional effect on him as it has on humans. Are you sure?

Does his sense of loneliness differ in any way from the loneliness felt by humans?
    Yeah I mean if 'he' was eternal then he wouldn't need to be a 'he' .

Christians dont seem to get that

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree