1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:14
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    Well then. I would ask for your opinion, but then I'd have to be unimpressed by it.
    I dont post opinions. I post Bible references... you decide after.

But first, I dont know you. Lots of people pass by here and post stuff and then disappear. If you are sticking around to finish the discussion then I will continue otherwise ... good luck to you.

I dont care for you to waste my time.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:16
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I disagree with this concept. If this appears in the Bible, then I disagree with the Bible.

Justice by God is fine, but eternal torment? No!

What 'sins' committed by humans could justify torment in hell....forever?
    Forsake God, and be forsaken. Would you prefer to be with God eternally or without Him eternally? Just curious.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...you crazy harpy. Seriously!
    It would be better if you talked about stuff without what you just did. Because shame on you.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dont post opinions. I post Bible references... you decide after.

But first, I dont know you. Lots of people pass by here and post stuff and then disappear. If you are sticking around to finish the discussion then I will continue otherwise ... good luck to you.

I dont care for you to waste my time.
    My point was, using your implied standard of not placing value in the opinions of men, there really isn't any point in you submitting your conclusions. If all you do is post bible references, then that is of even less value since I have a bible and I know the references. The are are arguments for each position and both use bible references for support.

Yes, I will be here for a while. Not planning on disappearing any time soon.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:49
    Forsake God, and be forsaken. Would you prefer to be with God eternally or without Him eternally? Just curious.
    I would prefer to be with God eternally.

But I disagree that option B is being sent to eternal torment in hell by this same God.

Justice and punishment for sins, yes, but not forever. That theory does not line up with a loving God. Regardless of what the Bible may claim.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I do favor annihilation, yet I believe eternal torment is going to be the reality.
    Personally I favour mutual cooperation and love.

Perhaps that's just an atheist thing?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '17 18:13
    You are impressed by the teachings of men... clearly.
    Indeed, as is ALL of it. Every religion, every organized religion anyway. ALL man made by men for men. Women need not apply, but we will hire you for 30 shekels an hour. I know, don't bitch, I know the men get 50 but they EAT more.....
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 18:33
    My point was, using your implied standard of not placing value in the opinions of men, there really isn't any point in you submitting your conclusions. If all you do is post bible references, then that is of even less value since I have a bible and I know the references. The are are arguments for each position and both use bible references for support.

Yes, I will be here for a while. Not planning on disappearing any time soon.
    Lets rumble.

Answer the questions which relate to your opening post.
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 18:551 edit
    No soul will ever be destroyed?

Is that in the Bible somewhere?
    Eternal torment presupposes immortality in hell. Or eternal life in hell.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '17 18:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Really?
    Is your tongue stuck in your cheek or are you barefaced lying?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What 'sins' committed by humans could justify torment in hell....forever?
    Crumbs C3, get stuck in 🙂
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:13
    Eternal torment presupposes immortality in hell. Or eternal life in hell.
    Bible references pal .. no opinions or conclusions or interpretations.

References ... thanks.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:19
    2 references were given. Pal. Go back and read the thread, just as you had me do.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:47
    2 references were given. Pal. Go back and read the thread, just as you had me do.
    Ok, I see 3 references so far. Is it your contention that these references support eternal torment? Here they are:

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Mark 9:47-49 " ... thrown into hell, where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched. For everyone will be salted with fire"

Rev 14:11 " And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night..."
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tom Wolsey claims he's seen a strong argument for eternal suffering. divegeester is asking him what it is. It's just regular discussion stuff.
    For you, misrepresentation may be 'normal', but for others, not so much. But I see that dive and Rajk are learning from you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree