Eternal suffering?  Or eternal death?

Eternal suffering? Or eternal death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
A strong and real god would just show up! Why not?
Because why

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
The last post on page one which contained my welcome to you, which you responded to (the welcome) but you avoided the question in the post asking you where you have seen "strong arguments" supporting eternal suffering. FMF has also asked you twice to support this statement and you have avoided responding to him also.

I acknowledge that you claim to b ...[text shortened]... on is that there are no "strong arguments" supporting the eternal torture of billions of people.
"Edit; my contention is that there are no "strong arguments" supporting the eternal torture of billions of people."

Let's start simpler and work up to it. Is there a strong argument supporting the temporally finite torture of one person? What is it?

Edit: assuming that the person's circumstances are representative of those of the billions mentioned in the initial query.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by JS357
"Edit; my contention is that there are no "strong arguments" supporting the eternal torture of billions of people."

Let's start simpler and work up to it. Is there a strong argument supporting the temporally finite torture of one person? What is it?
The destruction of the wicked and evil people is common throughout the Bible. It involves some torture but eventual death.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Strong argument, when there are verses that state it clearly are not enough what can?

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Strong argument, when there are verses that state it clearly are not enough what can?
I think you have put your finger on the crux of the matter. It is whether "it's in the Bible" is per se, a strong argument.

c

Moves
05 May 17

I think you have put your finger on the crux of the matter. It is whether "it's in the Bible" is per se, a strong argument.
To what extent a person believes in some or all of what's written in the Bible is indeed the crux of the matter.

An eternal, tormenting hell, set up by God is inconceivable.

T

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
To what extent a person believes in some or all of what's written in the Bible is indeed the crux of the matter.

An individual believes his own interpretation of the Bible.

The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. The deluded do not recognize this fact.

c

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
An individual believes his own interpretation of the Bible.

The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. The deluded do not recognize this fact.
Your statement could suggest that regarding the Bible: everyone is right, and everyone is also wrong.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
It is a bit odd that you can't remember what your username was and yet you remember several other posters here and even some of the discussions you had with them. I also note that @didymus never posted at rhp in his entire membership period (assuming the rubbish search engine is correct), which is interesting considering how active you are now.

It just doesn't ring true, but welcome anyway. 🙂
It's not even worth pursuing. I now believe it was didymus spelled backward (sumydid) but it doesn't matter. I've used many names in the past, but only 1 here and that was likely it. It also makes no sense that I was a regular message board user (of this type) and after just a few years on facebook I've totally forgotten how to navigate. One advantage of Alzheimers is, I get to watch movies for the first time, over and over.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
There is no other God than Marcias Nguema. The national motto of the Coat of arms of Equatorial Guinea!

We need a better standard than truth revealed by pronouncement and prophecy. A real god would not be a mystery dependent on personality cults.
A real God would reveal Himself to whom He chooses. Why did Jesus speak in parables? He answered that question and for many I'm sure, it's not a very easy pill to swallow.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
It's not even worth pursuing. I now believe it was didymus spelled backward (sumydid) but it doesn't matter. I've used many names in the past, but only 1 here and that was likely it. It also makes no sense that I was a regular message board user (of this type) and after just a few years on facebook I've totally forgotten how to navigate. One advantage of Alzheimers is, I get to watch movies for the first time, over and over.
Sumydid .. I remember the name. Your doctrine has not changed or matured. You still believe in eternal torment, and that good works are not required. Christians get eternal life by faith only .. I remember.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3

No it is not inconceivable when His grace is so incredible in how good it is, His wrath would also be incredibly bad.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
You produce one proof another will be demanded with some here.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

When we are talking about the God of the Bible, the Biblical truths found in the Bible carry the only truth required. If we are talking about the God between people's ears than they are the sole source of truth.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
... The deluded do not recognize this fact.[/b]
Have I misjudged you? I don't think so.