Eternal suffering?  Or eternal death?

Eternal suffering? Or eternal death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
He is looking for good people. Lots of christians will not make it; lots of pagans will. Or is your god about something else?
No, He is only looking for the blood of Jesus Christ there are no good people.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, He is only looking for the blood of Jesus Christ there are no good people.
Ah. That blood was shed, so everyone is golden now.

Nothing weird about a creator god that needs his offspring to suffer and die before this god can forgive his own creations for being created! Who would not worship such a thing.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 May 17

Jesus made away for us to be saved so God could completely and righteously forgive us all of all we have ever done without exception. So from the most righteous of us, to the very worst, Jesus can save us.
So what about "settling all things"?

Is not the "very worst" of us referring to this?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Nothing weird about a creator god that needs his offspring to suffer and die before this god can forgive his own creations for being created! Who would not worship such a thing.
He created mankind and fell in love with us, despite our major imperfections. The ultimate demonstration of His love for us was He Himself incarnating here, donning the flesh, and suffering torture and murder by our hand. Of course, it was a plan put in motion way, way back. A foreshadowing of His willing self-sacrifice and its seriousness was given in the Abraham-Isaac event--where God stilled Abraham's hand and said no. God went through with it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So what about "settling all things"?

Is not the "very worst" of us referring to this?
Jesus became sin for us, our sin so we could be forgiven. What do you think God is going
to do with those that accept His gift, and what do you think will happen to those that think
it a little thing not worth anything, or those found outside of Jesus' grace and mercy?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Not the unworthy, those who reject and mock Christ will be left to their own devices, you
will find out if you gods are worth the effort compared to Christ on that day.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
And I replied with 2 typical verses that proponents use to defend the position.
And I replied to that by pointing out that two verses is just two verses, not a strong argument. But you ignored me for some reason.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17

It would be better if you talked about stuff without what you just did. Because shame on you.
Suzianne is an aggressive, irrational, repeat offender who attacks my posts for absolutely no reason. If you can defend her behaviour in the post to which I replied to her then go ahead.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Yes, justice and punishment may need to be handed out, but not forever.

Obviously this gut feeling opposes what the Bible may say, but I'm okay with that.
Actually it doesn't. Everything in The book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ is symbolic; even "fire and brimstone" is symbolic of purging and cleansing. You're on the right track, keep at it and demand coherent answers from the hell fire supporters.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17

Thanks for the honest answer.
How does a person not hearing the gospel in their entire life possibly justify them being burned for eternity?

How does anything at all warrant that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Can we just give the man the benefit of the doubt? Not everyone has an agenda.
He is just asking the guy questions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

The moment where we give an account for every word and every deed, it isn't about mutual cooperation, it's a settling for all things.
But even if you are correct, it's not just a "moment" as you casually put it. It is for eternity. How is that even remotely justified?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17

His salvation will matter most on the day of judgment, those outside of what Jesus won will stand before God in all of their sins and will pay for them.
But scripture says that Christ died for all sins, for all, for everybody.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
05 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
And I replied to that by pointing out that two verses is just two verses, not a strong argument. But you ignored me for some reason.
Not intentionally. I am stilling trying to get used to this style of forum where you have to go back over pages and comb through. I guess I missed it. I started this off by pretty much asking the same thing you're asking. I said "if" [x] is true, then why [y]? I was suggesting that I'm not so sure there is an answer for [y] that is satisfactory enough to establish [x].

X being everlasting souls in eternal torment, and Y being death of the soul (contradicting X)

EDIT: I just went back and went through all the pages and I still don't see where you you illicited a response from me and then got ignored. And you've had 6 pages to tell me what response you're looking for... can you go ahead and do that here?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 May 17
3 edits

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
Not intentionally. I am stilling trying to get used to this style of forum where you have to go back over pages and comb through. I guess I missed it. I started this off by pretty much asking the same thing you're asking. I said "if" [x] is true, then why [y]? I was suggesting that I'm not so sure there is an answer for [y] that is satisfactory enoug ...[text shortened]... ve had 6 pages to tell me what response you're looking for... can you go ahead and do that here?
The last post on page one which contained my welcome to you, which you responded to (the welcome) but you avoided the question in the post asking you where you have seen "strong arguments" supporting eternal suffering. FMF has also asked you twice to support this statement and you have avoided responding to him also.

I acknowledge that you claim to be a believer in "annihilation" but you claimed that there are "strong arguments" supporting eternal suffering and had failed to state what they are, you've just posted a couple of scriptures.

Edit; my contention is that there are no "strong arguments" supporting the eternal torture of billions of people.