God must exist because we did not evolve from anything

God must exist because we did not evolve from anything

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bb

Moves
23 Nov 09

I am trying to explain to my kids where humans came from. I naturally don't believe that we evolved from some type of animal,Ape,Gorilla, whatever... But if I believe that we were always humans and not the by product of some evolutionary chart then what supports the theory that this suggests? The two first humans had to come from somewhere . Ah Yes God put them here ! So , you either believe this or what is it you believe? What tale do you tell your children? What is the truth? Where are we from?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by big bern
I am trying to explain to my kids where humans came from. I naturally don't believe that we evolved from some type of animal,Ape,Gorilla, whatever... But if I believe that we were always humans and not the by product of some evolutionary chart then what supports the theory that this suggests? The two first humans had to come from somewhere . Ah Yes God put ...[text shortened]... t is it you believe? What tale do you tell your children? What is the truth? Where are we from?
DNA mapping doesn't show this.

But hey, why let the evidence get in the way of a good story?!

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
23 Nov 09

I am trying to explain to my kids where humans came from. I naturally don't believe that we evolved from some type of animal,Ape,Gorilla, whatever... But if I believe that we were always humans and not the by product of some evolutionary chart then what supports the theory that this suggests? The two first humans had to come from somewhere . Ah Yes God put ...[text shortened]... t is it you believe? What tale do you tell your children? What is the truth? Where are we from?
Why do you 'naturally' not believe we evolved fromsomeother animal?

bb

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by amannion
Why do you 'naturally' not believe we evolved fromsomeother animal?
I just don't see it. For starters look at the human brain and how advanced it is in comparison to others. How we create, our sense of a soul on and on

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Nov 09

I just don't see it. For starters look at the human brain and how advanced it is in comparison to others. How we create, our sense of a soul on and on
We share 96% of our DNA with chimpanzees, we have 23 pairs of chomosones chinps have 24.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've never seen an oxygen molecule, but i'm pretty sure they exist.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Nov 09

Humans, gorillas and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor, with the evolutionary path of the latter two diverging from humans between 8 and 4 million years ago. That common ancestor may have been either Nakalipithecus or Ouranopithecus. The evidence clearly supports evolution. You're simply going to have to modify your beliefs accordingly. If not for your own benefit, then for your children. You don't want them to grow up being intellectually stunted creationists. I know science is harder than just telling them that "God done it", but that's what responsible parenting is all about.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Nov 09

Look at Auschwitz. How advanced was that? Don't go patting yourself on the back too hard. Humans aren't all that special.

bb

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Humans, gorillas and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor, with the evolutionary path of the latter two diverging from humans between 8 and 4 million years ago. That common ancestor may have been either Nakalipithecus or Ouranopithecus. The evidence clearly supports evolution. You're simply going to have to modify your beliefs accordingly. If not for ...[text shortened]... n just telling them that "God done it", but that's what responsible parenting is all about.
Anything I can read you suggest to help support this? I doubt it will ever change how I feel but I can't short change the kids an alternative solution to this all important topic. Thanks, by the way. B.

rc

Moves
23 Nov 09
2 edits

Humans, gorillas and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor, with the evolutionary path of the latter two diverging from humans between 8 and 4 million years ago. That common ancestor may have been either Nakalipithecus or Ouranopithecus. The evidence clearly supports evolution. You're simply going to have to modify your beliefs accordingly. If not for n just telling them that "God done it", but that's what responsible parenting is all about.
then where is the fossil evidence? you people are incredulous! you can fit the fossil evidence for your postulations on a coffee table! there are over 100 million extant fossils and the fossils for so called intermediary are none existent, in many cases entire skeletal structures drawn from a lower jaw bone and a few teeth. . but please dont let the evidence, or in your cases lack of it, get in the way of a good story!

note to the opening poster. dude if you want a publication that discusses this, go here.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/publications/index.htm

you do not need to be in any way affiliated with jehovahs witnesses, for these books are designed for use by members of the public and are given fee of charge. we pay the expenses of shipping and printing. wish you all the best with your family!

the creator book is an excellent publication!although if you have really young children it is quite involved. there is another earlier publication termed. life how did it get here by evolution or creation, and is also quite involved, although one must respect that many of the scientific arguments need not be so, for again these are written for the layman, not a professor of biology!

wish you well my friend

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Nov 09

Anything I can read you suggest to help support this? I doubt it will ever change how I feel but I can't short change the kids an alternative solution to this all important topic. Thanks, by the way. B.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Start at wikipedia. It's a manageable account of human evolution.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then where is the fossil evidence? you people are incredulous! you can fit the fossil evidence for your postulations on a coffee table! there are over 100 million extant fossils and the fossils for so called intermediary are none existent, in many cases entire skeletal structures drawn from a lower jaw bone and a few teeth. . but please dont let ...[text shortened]... nting. wish you all the best with your family!

the creator book is an excellent publication!
The fossil evidence is all around you. You simply choose not to see it.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 09
1 edit

The fossil evidence is all around you. You simply choose not to see it.
rubbish, and you people know it, shall we mention the evolutionary frauds, shall we mention ramapithecus?, shall we mention australopithecus, shall we mention lucy, all of which were used to support your postulations, the first two were frauds the later clearly simian, get a grip ! ramapithecus, an entire skeletal structure, built from two teeth and a lower jaw bone!!! straw straw pluckety straw!

rc

Moves
24 Nov 09
1 edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Start at wikipedia. It's a manageable account of human evolution.
dont even go near there my friend, written by pro evolutionists, for evolutionists, there are no, and i repeat no counter arguments given! they have taken a theory built on flimsy premise and made out that its an established fact, no way! had they even been objective one could have given them the benefit, but no, they cannot do it!

rc

Moves
24 Nov 09
1 edit

aaahhhhhhh why am i even discussing this? no wonder i suck at chess, every time i plan some quality time with the tactics server i get sucked in, well no way Jose, not this time, Noobster, Ringy, Amanioin, believe what you want!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dont even go near there my friend, written by pro evolutionists, for evolutionists, there are no, and i repeat no counter arguments given! they have taken a theory built on flimsy premise and made out that its an established fact, no way! had they even been objective one could have given them the benefit, but no, they cannot do it!
Are you in the same boat as your 'partner in crime' Mr Galvo, who believes all the evolutionary evidence has been laid by the great deciever Satan to try to trick mankind from the path of God?