1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 20:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    My advise is "use common sense" as you will be flooded with many viewpoints. And as you do believe in God and his word, pray to God for wisdom and the correct answers. The truth you look for is in the Bible as apposed to theories by men.
    If you used your 'common sense' to come to the conclusion Satan is responsible for the evidence of evolution, in a big mischievous plot to throw us from the path of God, i'd love to see you when you're going a little left-field!!!!
  2. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If you used your 'common sense' to come to the conclusion Satan is responsible for the evidence of evolution, in a big mischievous plot to throw us from the path of God, i'd love to see you when you're going a little left-field!!!!
    Wait a minute! I thought Satan created the universe?

How did it get here if he didn't?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 22:261 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Wait a minute! I thought Satan created the universe?

How did it get here if he didn't?
    knob must have evolved it then...Lol
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 03:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    When my dad told me "we don't know why" to such a question ,I remember it as one of the most significant moments of my seventh year. Spot on Twitehead!
    A very wise man once told me "Three words are the beginning of wisdom: I don't know".
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 03:20
    Originally posted by caissad4
    A very wise man once told me "Three words are the beginning of wisdom: I don't know".
    Spot on!
  6. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 17:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    then where is the fossil evidence? you people are incredulous! you can fit the fossil evidence for your postulations on a coffee table! there are over 100 million extant fossils and the fossils for so called intermediary are none existent, in many cases entire skeletal structures drawn from a lower jaw bone and a few teeth. . but please dont let ...[text shortened]... r again these are written for the layman, not a professor of biology!

wish you well my friend
    Thanks Robbie, you as well. regards,B.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 17:39
    Originally posted by caissad4
    That's a great point. None of us know how the earth was created or how long ago. We don't know how in God's wisdom he created life and we will probaly never know.
    And there is nothing wrong in exploring anything as God created us with a wonderful mind that is always wanting to learn.
    But the mistake is not seeing that it would have to take an incredible creater with knowledge far beyond ours and refuse to see that and then decide we as humans have to come up with other theories that we fool ourselves into believeing.
    We can't push God out of the picture just because we can't understand the universe around us...We just don't know all the answers and that's ok.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 17:48
    That's a great point. None of us know how the earth was created or how long ago. We don't know how in God's wisdom he created life and we will probaly never know.
    And there is nothing wrong in exploring anything as God created us with a wonderful mind that is always wanting to learn.
    But the mistake is not seeing that it would have to take an incred ...[text shortened]... n't understand the universe around us...We just don't know all the answers and that's ok.
    You don't know all the answers so you make up a god to fill in the blanks.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 17:57
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You don't know all the answers so you make up a god to fill in the blanks.
    At least knowing about God makes some humans excited about life. Will you ever have a positive thing to say about anything or is this best you got? I've never seen anyone with such a negative attitude. It's in every thread you post!!!!! What's up with that?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 18:221 edit
    But the mistake is not seeing that it would have to take an incred n't understand the universe around us...We just don't know all the answers and that's ok.
    None of us know how the earth was created or how long ago

I think we do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Earth

Or is Satan involved here trying to fool us again?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 18:38
    [b]None of us know how the earth was created or how long ago

I think we do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Earth

Or is Satan involved here trying to fool us again?[/b]
    (((Modern geologists and geophysicists accept that the age of the Earth "is around" 4.54 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1😵.[1] [2] [3])))

You guys are so picky about how people say things it's just stupid. Notice it says:"is around".
    Nothing wrong with that guess and I said "we don't know" as neither does this quote above to the minute, hour, month, year, decade, century.
    And that guess is just that, a guess.
    Grow up you foolish people!!!!!!!
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 18:50
    (((Modern geologists and geophysicists accept that the age of the Earth "is around" 4.54 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1😵.[1] [2] [3])))

You guys are so picky about how people say things it's just stupid. Notice it says:"is around".
    Nothing wrong with that guess and I said "we don't know" as neither does this quote above to the minute, hour, ...[text shortened]... de, century.
    And that guess is just that, a guess.
    Grow up you foolish people!!!!!!!
    It's not a 'guess' as you put it, it's 4.54billion years plus or minus 1%.

It's not that hard to understand really.

When do you think Jesus was born?
  13. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 19:19
    Why aren't we blaming the devil for creating the universe? Surely things are far from perfect in our universe. What make these people think a perfect being created this universe. How can that happen? It proves without a doubt that the devil did create the universe!
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 19:55
    It's not a 'guess' as you put it, it's 4.54billion years plus or minus 1%.

It's not that hard to understand really.

When do you think Jesus was born?
    Not think but know he was born late September or early October 2 BCE... Not correct? Prove it...
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 20:06
    Not think but know he was born late September or early October 2 BCE... Not correct? Prove it...
    From wikipedia -

Our only sources of information on Jesus' birth are the gospels of Matthew and Luke of the Bible, which provide two different accounts of the nativity.

Matthew describes King Herod as the ruler during the time of the Nativity, and Herod died in 4BC. Furthermore, in order to kill Jesus and eliminate him as a rival king, Herod orders the "Massacre of the Innocents" — the killing of all male children in Bethlehem aged two years and under. This implies that Jesus may have been up to two years old already by that time, and this sets the Nativity at around 6BC.

Luke on the other hand places the Nativity during the Census of Quirinius which took place in 6 AD, although Luke also implies that the conception took place during the reign of King Herod - about 10 years earlier.

My point is not to debate the year of Jesus birth, but to show that even the birth of Jesus isn't exactly known, just like the age of the Earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree