God must exist because we did not evolve from anything

God must exist because we did not evolve from anything

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
08 Dec 09

Originally posted by jaywill
The Bible may be written long ago. But this goes to show it stands the test of time to acquire an approvedness over many centries and cultural ages.

Can you name me another book which in so few words as Genesis chapters 1 through 11 explains so many vital points about human existence? In a very economical way the Bible takes a few thousand opening words ...[text shortened]... t mean several books but one book which like Genesis 1 through 11 covers as many vital topics.
So what?
It covers all these things but it does it in a really dodgy way - and certainly doesn't stand up to any sort of modern scrutiny.

j

Moves
08 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by amannion
So what?
It covers all these things but it does it in a really dodgy way - and certainly doesn't stand up to any sort of modern scrutiny.
==========
So what?
=================

You cannot think of a book to compare with the Bible. So you resort to a grudging "So what?"

I'll accept this as a reluctant and tacit agreement that there is no other book quite like it.

Now as to "So what?" The "what" is that there is a strong possibility that the uniqueeness of the Bible indicates that the God who speaks throughout it and of Whom it speaks, is trying to communicate with His creatures.

=======================================
==================================

I am not sure what your term "dodgy" means. I do think the more one sees things from the perspective of God's priorities the more one realizes how well laid out the scheme of the Bible is.

For example. When I first read the Bible many things seemed arbitrary to me. Now it talks about the flood of Noah. Now it talks about the tower of Babel. Now it talks about Abraham. So what? Just one curious thing after another.

Then latter I was helped to realize the progressive unfolding.

The created race is falling lower and lower morally.
God is forced to judge the created race.
The preserved remnant of grace is left over from the judgement to have a new beginning.
The preserved disendents of the new beginning unite in an effort to replace God with world union and cooperation.
God scatters thier efforts and sends them to spread over the earth with different languages. A union without Him is dangerious and self defeating.
Around this time God starts the called race headed by Abraham. In order to reach the original created race He must start a called race.

He has to abandon getting through with the Adamic race. To reach them He must initiate the Abrahamic race. From the created race He moves to the called race.

The sequence is quite logical when it is viewed according to God's priorities.

Now previously I may have considered Genesis from man's set of priorities. I felt frustreated because more details are not given about creation. Why doesn't God talk about dinosours? Perhaps MAN is His focus. What occured here before MAN is not now the Divine focus.

Why doesn't God tell explain the laws of science more? He could have gone on to discribe how evolution works? Probably the main thing in this economical account is to realize that humans are on the top of this pyramid of living things.

Why doesn't God explain what is on other planets? Doesn't He realize how curious we are? It may well be that God has some future use for other planets. But in the elementary stages of eternal life man must first learn what his responsibility is to this planet.

So I don't have the "dodgy" problem you have. I look at the final destiny of the end of the Bible and realize that this is where everything is headed. It is a long road and with many obstacles. But everything is headed towards Revelation 21 and 22 and the consummation of God's eternal purpose.

Previously, I also thought "Why doesn't God just tell us everything we need to know to get along without Him?" I have since changed my view and realize that both reality and wellbeing are in dependence upon God.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Dec 09

I'll accept this as a reluctant and tacit agreement that there is no other book quite like it.
I would agree, there is no other book quite like genesis - depending on how alike we are talking about. There are plenty of creation stories out there covering various topics. There are plenty of other books out there too. There is nothing quite like The Lord of the Rings. The question remains "so what?" what makes Genesis special? As far as I can tell you are committing the famous 'its special because it is' fallacy. ie you take the list of contents of Genesis then declare them special because they are in Genesis. If something was in another creation story but not in genesis then you would declare that not special.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
08 Dec 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Humans, gorillas and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor, with the evolutionary path of the latter two diverging from humans between 8 and 4 million years ago. That common ancestor may have been either Nakalipithecus or Ouranopithecus. The evidence clearly supports evolution. You're simply going to have to modify your beliefs accordingly. If not for ...[text shortened]... n just telling them that "God done it", but that's what responsible parenting is all about.
What evidence? Evolution has been proven incorrect, false and just another stupid theory a million times. A creator created the created. Were we all created from a dot .? soup, rocks, apes? Why haven't the apes and the rocks all evolved with us all..... oh duuhh - even I can figure it out...cause evolution just doesn't exist.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
08 Dec 09

Originally posted by Nicksten
What evidence? Evolution has been proven incorrect, false and just another stupid theory a million times. A creator created the created. Were we all created from a dot .? soup, rocks, apes? Why haven't the apes and the rocks all evolved with us all..... oh duuhh - even I can figure it out...cause evolution just doesn't exist.
Go back to the revival and stop annoying the normal people will you?
Oh, and hallelujah!

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
08 Dec 09

[b]==========
So what?
=================

You cannot think of a book to compare with the Bible. So you resort to a grudging "So what?"

Now as to "So what?" The "what" is that there is a strong possibility that the uniqueeness of ...[text shortened]... and realize that both reality and wellbeing are in dependence upon God.[/b]
No, I cannot think of book that is so misread and misinterpreted. No, I cannot think of a book that so easily combines the bland and mundane with the attrocious and profane. No, I cannot think of a book that better explains nothing.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Dec 09

The Bible may be written long ago. But this goes to show it stands the test of time to acquire an approvedness over many centries and cultural ages.

Can you name me another book which in so few words as Genesis chapters 1 through 11 explains so many vital points about human existence? In a very economical way the Bible takes a few thousand opening words ...[text shortened]... t mean several books but one book which like Genesis 1 through 11 covers as many vital topics.
I can think of books that cover that and more. But maybe not in so few words...You win!

bb

Moves
08 Dec 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
DNA mapping doesn't show this.

But hey, why let the evidence get in the way of a good story?!
Design is apparent in the living world. Even Richard Dawkins in his anti-creation book The Blind Watchmaker admits “Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.” The amazing defense mechanism of the Bombardier Beetle is a classic example of design in nature, seemingly impossible to explain as the result of accumulating small beneficial changes over time, because if the mechanism doesn’t work perfectly, “boom” – no more beetle!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Dec 09

This thread should be called

God must exist because that's what they told me at church

Moves
09 Dec 09

Originally posted by big bern
Design is apparent in the living world. Even Richard Dawkins in his anti-creation book The Blind Watchmaker admits “Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.” The amazing defense mechanism of the Bombardier Beetle is a classic example of design in nature, seemingly impossible to explain as the ...[text shortened]... ial changes over time, because if the mechanism doesn’t work perfectly, “boom” – no more beetle!
Have you read 'The Blind Watchmaker'?

Cape Town

Moves
09 Dec 09

Name me one other book ever written which covers in as few words as many important topics of human history.
I am willing to bet that there is nothing quite like Wikipedia when it comes to covering vast amounts of knowledge. It certainly outdoes the Bible by a million fold. But what is the point? Does that make Wikipedia infallible? Did God write it? Must it be published in book form before it gains your respect?

bb

Moves
10 Dec 09

Originally posted by amannion
Go back to the revival and stop annoying the normal people will you?
Oh, and hallelujah!
You know i was within moments of finishing my thoughts on how far fetched evolutionary theory is when i had this sudden craving to eat a whole bunch of bananas and start swinging from vine to vine out in my woods. Clearly an ancestoral urge must have overcome me. I'm back now,, where were we again? Oh yeah ,no further along than the day i started this thread. Merry Christmas to all RHP's, BIg Bern.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
10 Dec 09

You know i was within moments of finishing my thoughts on how far fetched evolutionary theory is when i had this sudden craving to eat a whole bunch of bananas and start swinging from vine to vine out in my woods. Clearly an ancestoral urge must have overcome me. I'm back now,, where were we again? Oh yeah ,no further along than the day i started this thread. Merry Christmas to all RHP's, BIg Bern.
Yeah yeah, it's far fetched and there's no evidence and fossils aren't complete and there's so much design inherent and there must be a designer and blah blah blah.
If you guys would come up with something new and viable then we might stop paying little attention to you ...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Dec 09

Yeah, us coming from monkeys ... what a crazy theory! Much more logical to believe we're made out of dirt. 😀

bb

Moves
10 Dec 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Yeah, us coming from monkeys ... what a crazy theory! Much more logical to believe we're made out of dirt. 😀
actually if you were paying attention in your class it was ashes to ashes...