Try reading this
    http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_2_1.htm#Moving
    I'll get around to it..
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 15:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    People pulling 200 tonne blocks around?! Cool! I'm not saying you're wrong but I wonder if you've researched this stuff as much as I have? Oh gosh! I really don't care so much ,but can you at least admit there are some unadressed mysteries here? Or is it all 'cut and dry'?
    We've had this conversation before. If I recall correctly, what emerged was that we use the terms 'research' and 'evidence' in radically different ways.

I think you like your aliens-built-the-pyramids idea so much that no amount of reasonable counter argument (as supplied by wolfgang above) will dissuade you. If I told you they've excavated mud ramps on unfinished projects, it would make no difference. You are spinning a different kind of yarn from that which is informed by evidence and reason.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 16:10
    Its all an interacate web of multidimensional beings 'fighting' the 'baddies' to bring about enlightenment for all mankind. The pyramids are one piece of the jigsaw.
    They were not burial chambers ,rather they were initiation chambers for adepts to ascend to higher levels of conciosness.
    The Egyptian 'authorities' have long obscured their purpose.
    Dude, you need to lay off the smoke for a bit.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 23:32
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    We've had this conversation before. If I recall correctly, what emerged was that we use the terms 'research' and 'evidence' in radically different ways.

I think you like your aliens-built-the-pyramids idea so much that no amount of reasonable counter argument (as supplied by wolfgang above) will dissuade you. If I told you they've excavated mud ramps o ...[text shortened]... are spinning a different kind of yarn from that which is informed by evidence and reason.
    There is no conclusive proof.
    Is there machinery that can lift 200 tonne blocks?
    No,dear Lord, I'm open to a proper explanation.
    I suspect our interpratation of linguistics has something to do with our difference of opinion,(like what an "alien" is or a "human" for that matter), a matter I have tried to address in my "E.T. 101" thread
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 23:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Dude, you need to lay off the smoke for a bit.
    I'm str8 as an arrow except for the odd medicanal wine..🙂
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 00:45
    Is there machinery that can lift 200 tonne blocks?
    I suspect our interpratation of linguistics has something to do with our difference of opinion,(like what an "alien" is or a "human" for that matter), a matter I have tried to address in my "E.T. 101" thread
    Nor will you get any, ever, outside mathematics, logic or other formal contexts. What there is here, is compelling evidence that the pyramids were within the capabilities of the people of the time. They've done re-enactments and everything. They've calculated how to move really heavy things, even 200 tonne blocks. There is machinery that can do it. But you won't listen.

It doesn't seem that way to me.

I disagree. I think that our difference of opinion is due to our different stances on how to find things out properly. I think you are unskilled and unaware of it.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 04:00
    [b]There is no conclusive proof.

Nor will you get any, ever, outside mathematics, logic or other formal contexts. What there is here, is compelling evidence that the pyramids were within the capabilities of the people of the time. They've done re-enactments and everything. They've calculated how to move real ...[text shortened]... nces on how to find things out properly. I think you are unskilled and unaware of it.[/b]
    I'm open to proper explanation.

My words that I type do me an injustice. I'm often appalled to read the terrible English I come up with on these threads. However I do try. I have had some amazing 'spiritual' experiences that have nearly driven me insane. Thats why I hang around the spirituality forum.

Again, I will state that most of my assertions are primarily based on personal experience.
    You say they can lift 200 tonne blocks with modern machinery. Cool .
    Its not just the weight of the blocks. The precision at which these blocks were fitted together suggests advanced technology. Anyway I reckon time will tell whether I'm right or not. Do you feel the change in the air? I do . And I wish everyone very positive thoughts for this upcoming shift.
    The pyramids are just one piece of the jigsaw puzzle that constitutes modern day spirituality.
    I believe understanding the truth of our collective past will shine the light for the way forward. We need to know what happened that screwed up humanity so we can learn from these mistakes. Modern consumerism and materielity has a lot to answer for.
    We are born with flasehoods past onto us unsuspectingly by our parents. I'm sure I've done it to my kids.
    The bottom line is no one knows. Modern science,especially quantum theory , is a very important tool to understanding who we are. (Is it 'who' or 'what'?)
    I had a friend who used to repeat over and over: "It's 90% preparation" . Do you know what he meant? I think I do
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 05:17
    aliens and/or god exist; look no further:
    YouTube
    youre crazy if you believe we are the only planet that supports life
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 08:33
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    aliens and/or god exist; look no further:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew74bFURFi8
    youre crazy if you believe we are the only planet that supports life
    I believe it is highly probable that there is life on other planets.

I believe it is absolutely crazy to think that visitors built the pyramids!

Don't confuse the two arguments, .. and what on earth has quantum mechanics to do with anything?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 08:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I believe it is [b]highly probable that there is life on other planets.

I believe it is absolutely crazy to think that visitors built the pyramids!

Don't confuse the two arguments, .. and what on earth has quantum mechanics to do with anything?[/b]
    Quantum theory points the way to the future of science and understanding what/who we are.
  11. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 10:49

My words that I type do me an injustice. I'm often appalled to read the terrible English I come up with on these threads. However I do try. I have had some amazing 'spiritual' experiences that have nearly driven me insane. Thats why I hang around the spirituality forum.

Again, I will state that most of my assertions ...[text shortened]... at over and over: "It's 90% preparation" . Do you know what he meant? I think I do
    Yet there are plenty out there, including demonstrations. But you haven't accepted them. Therefore you are not open to proper explanation.

My words that I type do me an injustice. I'm often appalled to read the terrible English I come up with on these threads.
    Don't blame the English, it is fine. Blame your spurious epistemology, that is not at all fine.

Its not just the weight of the blocks. The precision at which these blocks were fitted together suggests advanced technology.
    No it doesn't. You have been unable to provide any good evidence for this assertion. The fact that you continue to espouse it is an indication that your commitment to your theory is non rational.

I believe understanding the truth of our collective past will shine the light for the way forward. We need to know what happened that screwed up humanity so we can learn from these mistakes.
    Sorry, I'm not buying. But I wish you well.

The bottom line is no one knows.
    I disagree. The bottom line is that not all beliefs are equally defensible.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 10:58
    [b]There is no conclusive proof.

Nor will you get any, ever, outside mathematics, logic or other formal contexts. What there is here, is compelling evidence that the pyramids were within the capabilities of the people of the time. They've done re-enactments and everything. They've calculated how to move real ...[text shortened]... nces on how to find things out properly. I think you are unskilled and unaware of it.[/b]
    one doesn't have to lift those blocks. one theory suggests the egyptians built ramps which surrounded the pyramids, ramps which grew as the construction progressed.

the point is we marvel at what they accomplished because we like to think we are so awesome and so much better. anything we can think of to lower the merit of a great people and make us look so much better.

on aliens helping them: you would think they wouldn't spend so many thousands of years hiding from us when they helped a bunch of egyptians in the desert build a lot of pyramids. and told them to write that the constructions lasted a lifetime.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 11:051 edit

Again, I will state that most of my assertions at over and over: "It's 90% preparation" . Do you know what he meant? I think I do
    Pyramids were built by many ancient cultures, from Peru, Mesoamerica, China, Indonesia, India, Greek. Did they all have help from travellers from another star system?

Here's a list of megalithic sites from the oracle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_megalithic_sites

As you can see huge megaliths have been moved all round the globe.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 11:231 edit
    Pyramids were built by many ancient cultures, from Peru, Mesoamerica, China, Indonesia, India, Greek. Did they all have help from travellers from another star system?

how incredibly interesting! remarkable picture of Indonesians (christians/muslims????) transporting a huge stone.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 11:27

this argument would better support the existance of an alien culture rather than dismiss it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree