1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Thanks, hadn't heard of it.
    Me neither, actually. I was looking for the size of the stones of Ggantija and found that. It's quite mind-boggling how old that is! Are there older man-made structures?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Me neither, actually. I was looking for the size of the stones of Ggantija and found that. It's quite mind-boggling how old that is! Are there older man-made structures?
    Jericho and Damascus are believed to have evidence of settlements that can be dated to around 9,000BC. But no man-made structures like at Gobelki Tepe survive i think.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 12:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It seems to be the oldest known to date.

Here is a pre-pottery Neolithic (PPN) conspiracy theory revolving around a plot hatched by an elite of shamanic 'bird-men':
    http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/Gobekli_Tepe_interview.htm
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 13:052 edits
    It seems to be the oldest known to date.

Here is a pre-pottery Neolithic (PPN) conspiracy theory revolving around a plot hatched by an elite of shamanic 'bird-men':
    http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/Gobekli_Tepe_interview.htm
    There are some intriguing theories there. Now I'm feeling like ordering the Cygnus Mystery. 😵 I guess the advertising worked (despite him sounding like a bit of a crackpot, to be honest).

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_X-3 😲
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 14:30
    Silence!
    Are Yavancharya's five solids a specific mandala?
    😵
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 23:02
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Are Yavancharya's five solids a specific mandala?
    😵
    I really dont know how to approach this question, suffice to say I have great respect for Pythagoras and the other Greek 'democrats'. Any help Blackbeetle?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 10:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I really dont know how to approach this question, suffice to say I have great respect for Pythagoras and the other Greek 'democrats'. Any help Blackbeetle?
    Thales offered that water is the material cause of all things, but the idea of primeval waters as the origin of the universe is of Vedic origins.

On the other hand the teachings of That Man and the Indian philosophy are similar. Sir William Jones (Works, iii. 236), Colebrooke (Miscellaneous Essays, i. 436 ff.), Garbe (Philosophy of Ancient India, pp. 39 ff), Schroeder (Pythagoras und die Inder), Hopkins (Religions of India, p. 559 and 560), Macdonell (Sanskrit Literature, p. 422) and Winternitz (Visvabharati Quarterly Feb. 1937, p. 8) among else testify to the Indian inspiration of Pythagoras;

Methinks Orphism, Pythagorean philosophy, Neo-Platonism and Stoicism amongst else are of Samkhya-Vedanta thought of India origin. Brahmins and Buddhists were in Greece before Plato; a Greek book about India was probably written by Scylax, a Greek captain commissioned by Darius to explore the course of the Indus about 510BC according to Herodotus iv. 44
    😵
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 12:08
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Thales offered that water is the material cause of all things, but the idea of primeval waters as the origin of the universe is of Vedic origins.

On the other hand the teachings of That Man and the Indian philosophy are similar. Sir William Jones (Works, iii. 236), Colebrooke (Miscellaneous Essays, i. 436 ff.), Garbe (Philosophy of Ancient India, pp. ...[text shortened]... ioned by Darius to explore the course of the Indus about 510BC according to Herodotus iv. 44
    😵
    And Indian spirituality (hinduism,bhuddhism) can be traced back to Upanishads,right? A book which has 20 000 refrences to 'soma'
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 12:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    And Indian spirituality (hinduism,bhuddhism) can be traced back to Upanishads,right? A book which has 20 000 refrences to 'soma'
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree