1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 11:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    this argument would better support the existance of an alien culture rather than dismiss it.
    How would it?

The supporters of the 'alien theory' have made out that the transporting of the huge stones during the making of the pyramids was somehow a unique event. But this article shows that many culutres from many different parts of the world were able to transport huge stones also. It shows the pyramids were just part of the norm, and not a unique event.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 11:43
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How would it?

The supporters of the 'alien theory' have made out that the transporting of the huge stones during the making of the pyramids was somehow a unique event. But this article shows that many culutres from many different parts of the world were able to transport huge stones also. It shows the pyramids were just part of the norm, and not a unique event.
    i think he failed to notice the large sticks, rope and other items, who can tell?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 14:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How would it?

i would argue it in a different manner: different cultures around the globe built pyramids so they must have a common characteristic: hence it must have been a civilization that told everyone to start building stuff in the shape of a pyramid. whether that civilization is Atlantis(yeah there is a theory about that) or some aliens, from a debater's point of view it would support not dismiss the theory of outside influence.

sure that is a speculation again and it is more reasonable that the pyramid was the most apealing shape to build.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 15:52
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    [b]I'm open to proper explanation.
    Yet there are plenty out there, including demonstrations. But you haven't accepted them. Therefore you are not open to proper explanation.

My words that I type do me an injustice. I'm often appalled to read the terrible English I come up with on these threads.
    Don't blame the English, it is fine. Blame yo ...[text shortened]... ne knows.[/b]
    I disagree. The bottom line is that not all beliefs are equally defensible.[/b]
    Time will tell and I will eat humble pie if you are right, but for now there is no known proof how they were built. Anyway you picked apart my arguement nicely,
    all except the "its 90% preparation" bit. Which was the main message. You dont think humanity is 'preparing' for anything? Just meandering along in a sea of meaninglessness?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 15:57
    one doesn't have to lift those blocks. one theory suggests the egyptians built ramps which surrounded the pyramids, ramps which grew as the construction progressed.

the point is we marvel at what they accomplished because we like to think we are so awesome and so much better. anything we can think of to lower the merit of a great people and make us loo ...[text shortened]... sert build a lot of pyramids. and told them to write that the constructions lasted a lifetime.
    The ramp theory has its problems.The time frame being one.

I don't think they're hiding, I think they would say they are not interfering , which is in accord with universal law.(Although there have been some ammendments to that law)
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 16:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Quantum theory points the way to the future of science and understanding what/who we are.
    How exactly?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 16:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    How exactly?
    It puts the observer (the scientist) in the equation ,rather than them being a benign 'force' outside the equation.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 16:29

I don't think they're hiding, I think they would say they are not interfering , which is in accord with universal law.(Although there have been some ammendments to that law)
    Sorry I'm not aware of that particular law. What legislature made it (the Federation of Planets?). Did we vote for them?
  9. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 16:29
    Time will tell and I will eat humble pie if you are right, but for now there is no known proof how they were built. Anyway you picked apart my arguement nicely,
    all except the "its 90% preparation" bit. Which was the main message. You dont think humanity is 'preparing' for anything? Just meandering along in a sea of meaninglessness?
    Time will tell and I will eat humble pie if you are right, but for now there is no known proof how they were built.
    Time has already told, but you can't see that this is the case. The reason for this is that you have some flaws in your sifting mechanism for what to believe or reject, in my view.

So my case is this: the available explanations can be ranked in terms of likelihood. A proper rational appraisal reveals aliens to be a long way down the list amongst the extremely unlikely.

'Known proof' simply isn't the issue. The fact that you want an explanation that is immune from the unfalsifiable, fanciful and financially driven speculations of conspiracy theorists and charlatans just demonstrates that you are unskilled at acquiring knowledge whilst unaware that this is so. At least that's my very humble opinion 🙂

As for "its 90% preparation", I'm not buying. I don't believe in any over-arching meaning or grand plan.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 17:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sorry I'm not aware of that particular law. What legislature made it (the Federation of Planets?). Did we vote for them?
    We,(or at least those of us that choose to), will soon be part of that 'Federation' that has made these laws.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 17:51
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    [b]Time will tell and I will eat humble pie if you are right, but for now there is no known proof how they were built.

Time has already told, but you can't see that this is the case. The reason for this is that you have some flaws in your sifting mechanism for what to believe or reject, in my view.

So my ...[text shortened]... reparation", I'm not buying. I don't believe in any over-arching meaning or grand plan.[/b]
    Dont worry, I'm not selling anything. I think its mainly about 'self-preparation'
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 17:54

the time frame was 20 years. so they managed to build a pyramid over 20 years but you think they couldn't throw some dirt around? they managed to bring the stones from quarries miles away but couldn't throw some dirt and leftovers?

since we are on the subject, how do you fit aliens in the picture? they had the technology to lift huge rocks but still needed 20 years? did they took very large pauses? maybe they forged the hystorical records to make it look like they built it over 20 years when they finished in a week including lunch breaks. do you say now they aren't interfering but they did build a large structure to serve as a burial chamber for one king? how come no written records exist about them? we are talking about the egyptians who wrote how many ducks the pharaoh hunted in a single hunt. you would say some scribe would manage to hide a tablet somewhere about the "gods" even if they would forbid it. and why interfere then and since then stay quiet? are the people of today dumber and more unfit for contact than the savages of then?

these are simply some of the inconsistencies with alien intervention. a much better explanation would be that the egyptians were simply that smart. and they were they had numerous years to practice pyramid building. not to mention that after the great pyramids they toned it down a lot, part because of the economic impact and part because the tombs were being looted. at most i would grant you a small concession: the aliens came and solved or corrected some calculation, maybe give an idea or two
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 18:03
    the time frame was 20 years. so they managed to build a pyramid over 20 years but you think they couldn't throw some dirt around? they managed to bring the stones from quarries miles away but couldn't throw some dirt and leftovers?

since we are on the subject, how do you fit aliens in the picture? they had the technology to lift huge rocks but still nee ...[text shortened]... ession: the aliens came and solved or corrected some calculation, maybe give an idea or two
    one thing were still forgetting is the artifacts made in the image of aliens, spaceships, astronauts and paintings of aliens on cave walls etc. aliens DID visit our planet at some point and ancient civilizations depicted them. also, it is possible that ufo sightings are real and we DO still make contact with them (although i dont support this or claim it is true; i only believe in the theory that they visited in the past because of the evidence).
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 18:42
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    one thing were still forgetting is the artifacts made in the image of aliens, spaceships, astronauts and paintings of aliens on cave walls etc. aliens DID visit our planet at some point and ancient civilizations depicted them. also, it is possible that ufo sightings are real and we DO still make contact with them (although i dont support this or claim it is true; i only believe in the theory that they visited in the past because of the evidence).
    artifacts made in the image of aliens
    What artifacts? How do you know what an alien looks like anyway?

spaceships,
    Where?

astronauts
    Where?

and paintings of aliens on cave walls
    Again - how do you know what an aien looks like?

etc
    and ..................................

I suppose you believe the convicted fraudster Von Daniken?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_the_Gods%3F
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 18:44

since we are on the subject, how do you fit aliens in the picture? they had the technology to lift huge rocks but still nee ...[text shortened]... ession: the aliens came and solved or corrected some calculation, maybe give an idea or two
    Yeah maybe the aliens blessed the egyptians with some mysterious technology.

They weren't just burial chambers, they were initiation chambers for ascending to higher dimensions.

Now are you saying the egyptians were quite smart,(plausible), or that they were 'savages',iyho?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree