1. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 09:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The aliens 'pushed' the egyptians? Sure. Something strange was going on.

The Egyptian 'authorities" have had a history of covering up certain chambers in the Great pyramid while showcasing others to divert the attention of the casual public interest.
    Give over 🙂
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 10:46
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Give over 🙂
    never!
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 11:00

The Egyptian 'authorities" have had a history of covering up certain chambers in the Great pyramid while showcasing others to divert the attention of the casual public interest.
    The Egyptian 'authorities" have had a history of covering up certain chambers in the Great pyramid

Evidence please my dear boy........evidence!!!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 15:17

because they had the nice habit of putting heaps of gold in those chambers and because other egyptians had the habit of stealing said gold. probably makes more sense than "ascension to other dimensions". i could be wrong though
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 23:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]The Egyptian 'authorities" have had a history of covering up certain chambers in the Great pyramid

Evidence please my dear boy........evidence!!![/b]
    Ok. You're right.

In another sense the evidence is all around us but I know, I know thats just a wee too general and vague,right?
    I'll get you a title of a book that deals very comprehensively with a lot of these subjects.

Yes, I'm very bad at producing second hand evidence and first hand evidence cant be verified except by a zen master.
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 00:24
    Ok. You're right.

In another sense the evidence is all around us but I know, I know thats just a wee too general and vague,right?
    I'll get you a title of a book that deals very comprehensively with a lot of these subjects.

Yes, I'm very bad at producing second hand evidence and first hand evidence cant be verified except by a zen master.
    Just a reminder, book titles are useless. We need references to papers in reputable peer reviewed journals. If you can't deliver that, don't bother.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 09:19
    Just a reminder, book titles are useless. We need references to papers in reputable peer reviewed journals. If you can't deliver that, don't bother.
    "Scientitsts" need peer reviewed journals. I was going to give you the title of a very well refrenced and erudite book. A simple sross-refrencing of any of the informatiom could've easily dismissed any of the stuff in it.

Sometimes your skeptisism confounds even me.
    I wonder why you even visit the spirituality forum. After all, the word 'spiritualtiy' does have the word 'spirit' in it. I'm extremely interested to know, dear Lord Shark, what you think ,briefly, the word 'spirit' means?
  8. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 13:29
    "Scientitsts" need peer reviewed journals. I was going to give you the title of a very well refrenced and erudite book. A simple sross-refrencing of any of the informatiom could've easily dismissed any of the stuff in it.

I wonder why you even visit the spirituality forum. After all, the word 'spiritualt ...[text shortened]... interested to know, dear Lord Shark, what you think ,briefly, the word 'spirit' means?
    Then you need to try harder. For a start, if you are sure the book is well referenced, then post some of the references!

I wonder why you even visit the spirituality forum. After all, the word 'spiritualtiy' does have the word 'spirit' in it. I'm extremely interested to know, dear Lord Shark, what you think ,briefly, the word 'spirit' means?
    I can tell you one thing I don't think it means- that is, I don't think 'spirit' is an excuse to make bold extraordinary yet unevidenced truth claims.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 14:21
    [b]Sometimes your skeptisism confounds even me.

Then you need to try harder. For a start, if you are sure the book is well referenced, then post some of the references!

I wonder why you even visit the spirituality forum. After all, the word 'spiritualtiy' does have the word 'spirit' in it. I'm ...[text shortened]... think 'spirit' is an excuse to make bold extraordinary yet unevidenced truth claims.
    the irony is that "unevidenced truth claims" is what religion is all about; it's called faith. lol
  10. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 15:57
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    the irony is that "unevidenced truth claims" is what religion is all about; it's called faith. lol
    There's no irony there as far as I'm concerned 🙂
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 00:45
    [b]Sometimes your skeptisism confounds even me.

I wonder why you even visit the spirituality forum. After all, the word 'spiritualtiy' does have the word 'spirit' in it. I'm ...[text shortened]... think 'spirit' is an excuse to make bold extraordinary yet unevidenced truth claims.
    What do you think 'spirit' means?

BTW I keep my claims fairly conservative for rhp.
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:03
    What do you think 'spirit' means?

BTW I keep my claims fairly conservative for rhp.
    There's no need, really.....
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:13
    There's no need, really.....
    No need to tell me what you think spirit means or no need for me to keep my claims conservative?
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 14:27
    No need to tell me what you think spirit means or no need for me to keep my claims conservative?
    The latter.

As to the former, 'spirit' means lots of things to different people, I just think of it as a metaphor for certain combinations of states of mind involving complex emotional and cognitive responses to aesthetic aspects of the phenomenal world.
    Off the top of my head...
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 03:57
    The latter.

As to the former, 'spirit' means lots of things to different people, I just think of it as a metaphor for certain combinations of states of mind involving complex emotional and cognitive responses to aesthetic aspects of the phenomenal world.
    Off the top of my head...
    Ok.
    Of course I wouldn't agree with you that the spirit is just a response. I would say it is a cause and the gradual understanding of it is a response.
    But thnx for your answer. Its still a good one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree