Light sentence.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 04:22
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Light sentence.
    It was the maximum the judge could give.
    Cardinal George Pell is next.
    Much more serious - facing heavy sentence if guilty.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 09:212 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A Catholic archbishop in Australia has been given
    a maximum sentence of 12 months in detention for
    concealing child sexual abuse in the 1970s
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-44692396

A long time coming.
    No words on how upsetting and mad this makes me.
    A friend of mine was nurse and quit because of things they saw, like a toddler found tied
    up abused. The depravity of man can be so evil, then compare that to what we should be
    doing, treating each other out of love. I like watching the soldiers come home when the
    kids don't know it is about to happen. The love expressed in those moments are what life
    should be versus this vile sexual perversions put upon innocent children.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 09:44
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    ... I like watching the soldiers come home when the
    kids don't know it is about to happen. The love expressed
    in those moments are what life should be verse this
    vile sexual perversions put upon innocent children.
    I agree with you Kelly.
    But please "versus" not "verse".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 09:44
    A friend of mine was nurse and quit because of things they saw, like a toddler found tied
    up abused. The depravity of man can be so evil, then compare that to what we should be
    doing, treating each other out of love. I like watching the soldiers come home when the
    kids don't know it is about to happen. T ...[text shortened]... moments are what life
    should be verse this vile sexual perversions put upon innocent children.
    Do you believe the man in the OP will be "forgiven" and "saved" and will have "everlasting life" if he repents and if he believes in Jesus?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 09:47
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I agree with you Kelly.
    But please "versus" not "verse".
    🙂 my bad
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 09:531 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you believe the man in the OP will be "forgiven" and "saved" and will have "everlasting life" if he repents and if he believes in Jesus?
    Jesus died for all sins, for all sinners. It doesn't matter how vile we are, Jesus saw us at our
    worse and died for us. So yes, even these guys/gals who do these things can be saved, if
    they turn their lives over to Christ. It has never been the good us, versus [ 🙂 ] the bad us, we
    are bad in front of God so therefore we all need saved. Then God turns us into something
    better in Christ. Life is so short, and to spend it on these types of lusts and perversions is so
    sad.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 10:24
    Jesus died for all sins, for all sinners. It doesn't matter how vile we are, Jesus saw us at our
    worse and died for us. So yes, even these guys/gals who do these things can be saved, if
    they turn their lives over to Christ. It has never been the good us, versus [ 🙂 ] the bad us, we
    are bad in front of God so therefore we all need saved. Then God turns ...[text shortened]... in Christ. Life is so short, and to spend it on these types of lusts and perversions is so
    sad.
    So you believe it is perfect and divine "justice" if a lifelong campaigner against child sex abuse who helped hundreds of children to escape their abusers - and who is an atheist - and a lifelong sex abuser of children who had hundreds of victims - who is also an atheist - both get the same tortured-for-eternity punishment for being atheists?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 11:22
    So you believe it is perfect and divine "justice" if a lifelong campaigner against child sex abuse who helped hundreds of children to escape their abusers - and who is an atheist - and a lifelong sex abuser of children who had hundreds of victims - who is also an atheist - both get the same tortured-for-eternity punishment for being atheists?
    Don’t you remember the gospel you claim you once believed in?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 11:341 edit
    Don’t you remember the gospel you claim you once believed in?
    OK, don't answer if you can't or are not willing too. It's a question about YOUR Christian belief. It's your prerogative to keep what you believe to yourself.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 11:52
    If you were to be judged according to every action and every word that you have spoken, how do you think you would fare if Jesus hadn't died on the cross for all your sins?
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 12:03
    Why not?

Besides... if KJ is really a Catholic, he has a long time in purgatory.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 12:40
    FMF: Do you believe the man in the OP will be "forgiven" and "saved" and will have "everlasting life" if he repents and if he believes in Jesus?

Originally posted by @philokalia
    Why not?
    It seems as if KellyJay is saying that a child sex rapist who believes in Jesus - and repents - is more righteous in the eyes of God [and so deserving of everlasting life] than a remorseful child sex rapist who is an atheist. The latter, presumably, is then tortured in flames for eternity for his lack of Christian belief and not for raping children.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 12:55
    It seems as if KellyJay is saying that a child sex rapist who believes in Jesus - and repents - is more righteous in the eyes of God [and so deserving of everlasting life] than a remorseful child sex rapist who is an atheist. The latter, presumably, is then tortured in flames for eternity for his lack of Christian belief and not for raping children.
    I don’t think you were ever a Christian if your understanding of the gospel leads you to think this. Whatever you were had to be very ungodly and ugly to make that leap with the background you had.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree