1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 13:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I don’t think you were ever a Christian if your understanding of the gospel leads you to think this. Whatever you were had to be very ungodly and ugly to make that leap with the background you had.
    I know this is the kind of deflection you are absolutely determined to employ. I've sensed it for a few days. You saying that you don't think I was a Christian is a complete red herring.

Unfortunately for you, the topic is what you believe - which has you hopping around trying to change the subject - and not stuff that I don't believe. I believe we all die. You can question me on that to youyr heart's content.

You believe, if I am not mistaken, that non-Christians are not allowed to die, so to speak, but are made to suffer eternal torment in a "Lake of Fire" forever more.

Now, presumably, you believe that because Jesus was crucified, child rapists who believe that He was crucified to forgive them their "sins", including child rapes, and if they repent they will have everlasting life, while child rapists who are not Christians will be tortured in flames, right?

It's not about the raping of children, right? It's about the lack of certain religious beliefs. I am talking about your beliefs, not what mine were in past decades.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 13:23
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I know this is the kind of deflection you are absolutely determined to employ. I've sensed it for a few days. You saying that you don't think I was a Christian is a complete red herring.

Unfortunately for you, the topic is what you believe - which has you hopping around trying to change the subject - and not stuff that I don't believe. I believe we all die. ...[text shortened]... certain religious beliefs. I am talking about your beliefs, not what mine were in past decades.
    Your past molded you into what you are today no escaping that. So when you make a judgment call completely outside of the gospel it clearly shows that you have no understanding of it, in the present due to your past.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A Catholic archbishop in Australia has been given
    a maximum sentence of 12 months in detention for
    concealing child sexual abuse in the 1970s
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-44692396

A long time coming.
    Numbers 32:23
    ...behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.

Hebrews 4:13
    Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

No one gets away with anything. Sooner or later one will face the truth.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 13:58
    Do you believe the man in the OP will be "forgiven" and "saved" and will have "everlasting life" if he repents and if he believes in Jesus?
    Of course! It's called the grace of God. No one is beyond the reach of God's grace and mercy if they have a genuine heart repentance.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 15:35
    So you believe it is perfect and divine "justice" if a lifelong campaigner against child sex abuse who helped hundreds of children to escape their abusers - and who is an atheist - and a lifelong sex abuser of children who had hundreds of victims - who is also an atheist - both get the same tortured-for-eternity punishment for being atheists?
    Of course it is numb nuts.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 23:09
    Well done FMF . Mouth worshippers exposed again.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 03:13
    Your past molded you into what you are today no escaping that. So when you make a judgment call completely outside of the gospel it clearly shows that you have no understanding of it, in the present due to your past.
    If you are so sure I have no understanding of it, then just go ahead and answer the question. My question is not about my current beliefs. It is about yours.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 03:25
    If you are so sure I have no understanding of it, then just go ahead and answer the question. My question is not about my current beliefs. It is about yours.
    Since I'm beginning to think you lied about your past, your current questions no longer
    interest me.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 03:40
    Since I'm beginning to think you lied about your past, your current questions no longer
    interest me.
    "Lied"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 03:42
    How does whether or not he thinks I was a Christian in the past affect KellyJay's ability to answer point-blank questions about his Christian beliefs in the present?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 16:16
    "Lied"?
    I choose that word carefully yes, I am beginning to believe you were never a Christian
    you claimed to be! You might have hung out with some that made the claim, but if their
    example to you is this crap that comes out of your mouth directed at the Christian faith,
    even that I do not believe was real Christianity either. If you cannot explain the gospel as
    you once believed it, I don't think you ever did believe it to know what it is.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 18:48
    I choose that word carefully yes, I am beginning to believe you were never a Christian
    you claimed to be! You might have hung out with some that made the claim, but if their
    example to you is this crap that comes out of your mouth directed at the Christian faith,
    even that I do not believe was real Christianity either. If you cannot explain the gospel as
    you once believed it, I don't think you ever did believe it to know what it is.
    I'm in no doubt Kelly that FMF was once a Christian and I think it will be a shame and a lost opportunity to take the easy road of rejecting his claim rather than constructively engaging with someone who lost their faith. (A much harder road to walk down, I appreciate).

We all share things in this forum that we have to take on good faith, otherwise what's the point?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 18:53
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I'm in no doubt Kelly that FMF was once a Christian and I think it will be a shame and a lost opportunity to take the easy road of rejecting his claim rather than constructively engaging with someone who lost their faith. (A much harder road to walk down, I appreciate).

We all share things in this forum that we have to take on good faith, otherwise what's the point?
    You see GoD these Christians make the claim about OSAS and that all Christians get Gods Spirit. If this is true then FMF would not have left Christianity. So it suits their doctrine if they claim that he was lying rather than accepting that he was a Christian and he left.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 19:15
    even that I do not believe was real Christianity either. If you cannot explain the gospel as you once believed it, I don't think you ever did believe it to know what it is.
    Thanks for your thoughts about all this. It's good for you to get it off your chest, I suppose, if you feel the need to.

Now, how about addressing the question that has caused all this deflection and evasion?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:11
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

You may have no doubt, but are you a Christian ghost, have you ever been one, or even
    made the claim? I don't trust FMF, I am starting to think he has been lying about his once
    so called faith. He could clear it up by simply sharing what the gospel is back when he
    did believe in it. He it seems is either one or two things, unwilling, or unable to do that.
    The unable is what I am starting to believe now, didn't used to, but after seeing the things
    he has said I now believe that is more than likely closer to the truth. If he is able but
    unwilling, why should I engage him in any conversation just because he wants me too?

No one here is compelled to respond to anyone's questions, he to mine, or mine to him. I
    don't fault him for asking me anything, but nothing is owed to him, or to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree