Guns????

Guns????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Of course everyone dies, but how does that bear any relation to my post? You seem to be laying the blame at video games and violent movies yet you yourself worship a God who responsible for killing people.

I notice you didn't answer my question - Would you support a reduction in the amount of rounds guns can fire?
No I would not, because those rounds can be used to defend as well as attack.
Kelly

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm not missing your point, I'm making my own. If people wish to murder a lot
of people at one time they can do it so many ways it is not funny. The root cause
isn't the tools they use, it is the heart of man. More than a few people own guns
and they will never go out and murder people like this nut job did. It isn't the
tool it is the person, and it i ...[text shortened]... will only strengthen the power of those that don't honor life over those
that do.
Kelly
if guns are so important to your country, does it baffle you how people in countries like the uk manage to get through life with out them?

what exactly is the point in amercians carrying guns?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

Everyyone dies because that is how God designed it, and you want to complain
about some over others? He gives and takes away, nothing you have you can
keep forever including your life here.
Kelly
I fail to see how you can complain about violent video games and violent films when you yourself worhip a violent God. Is God's violence okay whilst video game and film violence bad? Is that how this works?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12

Kelly
Explain to me a situation in which a semi-automatic assault rifle is needed for defence.

rc

Moves
15 Dec 12

I fail to see how you can complain about violent video games and violent films when you yourself worhip a violent God. Is God's violence okay whilst video game and film violence bad? Is that how this works?
Gods acts of violence and the violence perpetrated by man upon his fellow man, either
in reality or virtually are not one and the same thing. God the giver and originator of
life has the right to take that life as universal sovereign, man, has no right to take that
life.

F

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Gods acts of violence and the violence perpetrated by man upon his fellow man, either
in reality or virtually are not one and the same thing. God the giver and originator of
life has the right to take that life as universal sovereign, man, has no right to take that
life.
But you do not oppose capital punishment, right?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

life.
God violence is acceptable, human violence is bad. Just as i thought.

rc

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

God violence is acceptable, human violence is bad. Just as i thought.
well they are not one and the same are they, in fact, it appears to me that God only
employs violence when he is left with absolutely no alternative, when people are
passed all moral sense or are irredeemable and the scriptures are peppered with
references on how he hates acts of violence.

(Psalm 11:5) . . .Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked
one, And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people
consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be
destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Moves
15 Dec 12

life.
Bull excrement.

No being of any kind has the 'right' to end my life. Period.

Moves
15 Dec 12

well they are not one and the same are they, in fact, it appears to me that God only
employs violence when he is left with absolutely no alternative, when people are

(Psalm 11:5) . . .Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked
one, And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.
An omnipotent being ALWAYS has alternatives.

Arguing otherwise is just stupid on the face of it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12

(Psalm 11:5) . . .Jehovah himself examines the righ ...[text shortened]... th you because he does not desire any to be
destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
So God's violence is acceptable to you?

F

Moves
15 Dec 12

when people are passed all moral sense or are irredeemable and the scriptures are peppered with references on how he hates acts of violence.
Why were innocent men women and children also slaughtered in OT genocides?

rc

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

So God's violence is acceptable to you?
actually, personally i have trouble with violence, any type of violence, Gods violence
included, but i realize that i cannot see what is the seat of motivation in a person and
remain therefore unable to tell whether they are an irredeemable reprobate or not. If God
puts someone to death, he must have a good reason for it, but in honesty, it kind of
irks my conscience, to be honest, i simply don't like violence in any form, not to
animals, not to humans, not by the hand of God.

Moves
15 Dec 12

actually, personally i have trouble with violence, any type of violence, Gods violence
included, but i realize that i cannot see what is the seat of motivation in a person and
remain therefore unable to tell whether they are an irredeemable reprobate or not. If God
puts someone to death, he must have a good reason for it, but in honesty, it ki ...[text shortened]... imply don't like violence in any form, not to
animals, not to humans, not by the hand of God.
Then for all your idiocy you still have better moral instincts than your imaginary god does.

listen to those instincts and not the words of bronze age mystics.

Moves
15 Dec 12

Kelly
Good grief!

Let's ban violence in the movies, but sell everyone a Kalashnikov for home defense on the way out.