Guns????

Guns????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Dec 12

Also for any and all who are putting this down to 'mental illness'...

Read this.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymiller/2012/12/14/when-you-tie-shootings-to-mental-illness/

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Explain to me a situation in which a semi-automatic assault rifle is needed for defence.
What you miss is that is that good people trust their neighbors and we're all stronger because of it. And if we misjudge you, well, we're all well-armed to handle the threat you bring.

Plus, haven't you seen the walking dead?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by boonon
Was it you who said you could kill someone with your coffee cup? If not , someone did. Using your logic we should outlaw , knives (how can I cut my steak) , bats (no more baseball) and any other object that could potentially cause death by it's use.

As far as nukes go I wholeheartedly wish they had never been invented.

Guns were made for killing, I ag a gun or a rock or a knife or a bomb or poison, and the list goes on. People are the problem.
Was it you who said you could kill someone with your coffee cup? If not , someone did. Using your logic we should outlaw , knives (how can I cut my steak) , bats (no more baseball) and any other object that could potentially cause death by it's use.
No, my logic doesn't lead to that since the primary purpose of the items you mention that can cause death is not for killing. Guns and nukes on the other hand are different because when used as they were designed for they exist only to take away life

Guns were made for killing, I agree. However I believe they were made for killing animals ( deer , rabbit, ) and things for me to eat. Not for killing man. Sick individuals, very , very, very sick people use them to murder innocent people.
Only a very small subset of the guns that exist today could be said to have the purpose of killing animals. Sub machine guns, handguns, assault rifles, and so on... are specifically designed for killing humans.

These same sick people will kill with anything, whether it's a gun or a rock or a knife or a bomb or poison, and the list goes on. People are the problem.
But acknowledging people are a problem, and will always be a problem (as they always have) we need to make it more difficult for the average person to go on killing sprees. Taking away from them the means to acquire guns is a step in the right direction.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]Was it you who said you could kill someone with your coffee cup? If not , someone did. Using your logic we should outlaw , knives (how can I cut my steak) , bats (no more baseball) and any other object that could potentially cause death by it's use.
No, my logic doesn't lead to that since the primary purpose of the items you mention that can cause dea ...[text shortened]... ing sprees. Taking away from them the means to acquire guns is a step in the right direction.[/b]
In Ireland and in England, if the police stop you and they found a baseball bat
or a cricket bat in your car they will ask you why is this here in your car.

If you say something like, it belongs to my son he plays the game,
must have left it in the car, fair enough.

But if you say it's mine and it's for self defence,
then they will arrest you for carrying an offensive weapon.

Moves
15 Dec 12

This is a good article on the need for doing and discussing something different in the wake of this tragedy.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/12/14/connecticut_shootings_gun_control_mental_health_and_our_responsibility_to.html

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
This is a good article on the need for doing and discussing something different in the wake of this tragedy.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/12/14/connecticut_shootings_gun_control_mental_health_and_our_responsibility_to.html
Yes I think the experiment of the USA's original ideas on ones owning their own guns are not working now. When this country originally wrote the laws the world was different and the weapons are very different now.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
In Ireland and in England, if the police stop you and they found a baseball bat
or a cricket bat in your car they will ask you why is this here in your car.

If you say something like, it belongs to my son he plays the game,
must have left it in the car, fair enough.

But if you say it's mine and it's for self defence,
then they will arrest you for carrying an offensive weapon.
Sounds like Japan.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes I think the experiment of the USA's original ideas on ones owning their own guns are not working now. When this country originally wrote the laws the world was different and the weapons are very different now.
Honest people are very well shut off from the good stuff. It's just side-arms and 12-guage.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if guns are so important to your country, does it baffle you how people in countries like the uk manage to get through life with out them?

what exactly is the point in amercians carrying guns?
Nope not only doesn't it baffle me I don't care, you want to do without them
than do without them. It is a right, a birth right, it isn't something I have even
a tiny interest in giving up.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12

I fail to see how you can complain about violent video games and violent films when you yourself worhip a violent God. Is God's violence okay whilst video game and film violence bad? Is that how this works?
As I pointed out to you belore, God gives us our lives and sets the boundries
upon them, they will end here. We don't do that, as far as violence is concern
the times and cultures were quite different than and now as our relationship
with God today. There isn't a nation vs nation, or people vs people, it is each
of us and God, quite a different place to be than the OT world. As far as
violence is concern, it is everywhere still as people avoid God and His
Commandments, so with or without God you have to deal with it, but with
God there is a reason and an end to it coming...with just man it is our nature
and likely never to stop unless we kill ourselves by our own hands with some
war or something along those ends.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12

Explain to me a situation in which a semi-automatic assault rifle is needed for defence.
You are being shot at by more than one person and you out gun them.
Kelly

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
When are you likely to be shot at by more than one person?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Dec 12
1 edit

Kelly
but what if you're being shot at by the entire town, will you have enough firepower in that scenario!?...I think everyone should be equipped with gatling guns and a crate of grenades...you know...just in case! 🙄

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Dec 12

As I pointed out to you belore, God gives us our lives and sets the boundries
upon them, they will end here. We don't do that, as far as violence is concern
the times and cultures were quite different than and now as our relationship
with God today. There isn't a nation vs nation, or people vs people, it is each
of us and God, quite a different place to ...[text shortened]... unless we kill ourselves by our own hands with some
war or something along those ends.
Kelly
Do you view violent books the same as you view violent films and video games Kelly?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by Agerg
but what if you're being shot at by the entire town, will you have enough firepower in that scenario!?...I think everyone should be equipped with gatling guns and a crate of grenades...you know...just in case! 🙄
So, nukes or nothing?