Hell + God = Nonsense

Hell + God = Nonsense

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
06 Nov 07

Originally posted by serigado
The point his, if I love someone and she doesn't love me back, I'm not sending her to eternal punishment.
God does so, how just is this?[/b]
But if you were the source of love/life and in order to partake of your love/life she would have to interact with you, would you continue to force her to interact with you in order to preserve her life?

s

Moves
06 Nov 07

Originally posted by whodey
But if you were the source of love/life and in order to partake of your love/life she would have to interact with you, would you continue to force her to interact with you in order to preserve her life?
Maybe that would be a little selfish but yes, I would. What's the point? I think that's an argument against your point...

w

Moves
06 Nov 07

Maybe that would be a little selfish but yes, I would. What's the point? I think that's an argument against your point...
So you would force her to interact with you even though she is unwilling? The natural reaction, of coarse, would be for her to seek all the more to be free from your grasp. Either she becomes successful or gives up all hope and capitulates her free will to yours.

s

Moves
06 Nov 07

So you would force her to interact with you even though she is unwilling? The natural reaction, of coarse, would be for her to seek all the more to be free from your grasp. Either she becomes successful or gives up all hope and capitulates her free will to yours.
Yes. That's what seems to be doing too. The difference is I'm not sending my girl friend to Hell, and God is sending me. What kind of love and free will is that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Nov 07

So, you wanted to find God, and you felt great when you started to believe in him. That's OK.
But be aware that it started from you, not from any exterior impulse. You simply entered a state of mind where you get retributions from your own state of mind. That's only an opinion.
What do you trust more? Your feelings, or what everyone around you tells you and the things you can experience everyday (not in your mind)?
How do you know that, you’re projecting upon me your beliefs now?
I did feel a call from God, and I answered, and it was not due to some
stress in my life when it happened either. I was quite comfortable in
the things I was doing, I ended up walking away from a lot of things
that gave me pleasure, not because anyone was telling me too, I did
not go to a church regularly the first year I was saved. I knew the
things I was doing I was keeping hidden from other people, and I knew
I was living a lie by doing it. The fellowship I was getting the first
year I was saved was mainly from people that got saved around the
same time I did, we used to have Bible studies a couple of times a
week, some times with ourselves, or with different groups around
the town we lived in, we were not getting our teachings from one
central place or person. It wasn’t until I moved out of the town I got
saved in that I started attending a church regularly and I didn’t always
agree with the teachings there either, that was where the gap theory
was being taught I think I told you about.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Nov 07

There are words for doing things against people's will.
Kelly

s

Moves
06 Nov 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
I did feel a call from God, and I answered, and it was not due to some
stress in my life when it happened either. I was quite comfortable in
the things I was doing, I ended up walking away from a lot of things
that gave me pleasure, not because anyone was telling me too, I did
not go to ...[text shortened]... s there either, that was where the gap theory
was being taught I think I told you about.
Kelly
I'm only making assertions waiting to be corrected/confirmed.

Now you look quite reasonable. If you feel your calling, or that you are being saved, that's a personal experience that can't be discussed. Just remember it's your feelings.
But we got somewhere off topic.
The point in here is the coherence of a loving God with Hell. Have you read the last posts between me and whodey? I think we are starting to get to the point.

w

Moves
06 Nov 07

Yes. That's what seems to be doing too. The difference is I'm not sending my girl friend to Hell, and God is sending me. What kind of love and free will is that?
But what if hell ends up being the mere absence of life/love? If she rejects you, she seperates herself from you, no?

S

Moves
06 Nov 07

But that's what Hell is, Hell is the permanent separation from the God that you want (according to your statements) to be separated from. God isn't going to force you to commune with him, you choose you place in eternity.

s

Moves
07 Nov 07

But what if hell ends up being the mere absence of life/love? If she rejects you, she seperates herself from you, no?
Then that would be OK. But some say Hell is kind of a really nasty place where all bad things happen. But even so it wouldn't make sense. God sending us to someplace that is simply without life/love? What's that? I can just love on my own and be happy.
I want to be happy , not to join God.

s

Moves
07 Nov 07

Originally posted by SourJax
But that's what Hell is, Hell is the permanent separation from the God that you want (according to your statements) to be separated from. God isn't going to force you to commune with him, you choose you place in eternity.
Well, so hell isn't a bad place nor punishment. I don't want to be it that God but I also don't want to go to a bad place... Can't I just be reincarnated?

w

Moves
07 Nov 07

Then that would be OK. But some say Hell is kind of a really nasty place where all bad things happen. But even so it wouldn't make sense. God sending us to someplace that is simply without life/love? What's that? I can just love on my own and be happy.
I want to be happy , not to join God.
Can you imagine your existence devoid of love? That my friend is hell.

w

Moves
07 Nov 07

Well, so hell isn't a bad place nor punishment. I don't want to be it that God but I also don't want to go to a bad place... Can't I just be reincarnated?
You are free to do what is within your power that you were given. However, if you want what is beyond your power then you must go to someone with such power you seek and ask for assistance.

s

Moves
07 Nov 07

Can you imagine your existence devoid of love? That my friend is hell.
I'm going to be cruel.
Love is nothing more than an illusion created by men to try express in a word a group of complex feelings, that not even the best writers could transpose in their works. Feelings are real, are created by our mind, and doesn't make any sense that any God is the source of it. Even if God created everything, feelings belong to us the same way legs, fingers and arms belong.
Love is whatever you want it to be. All that people make of love, is their need to have something transcendental. I have no such needs.

S

Moves
07 Nov 07

Yes, Hell in my estimation is a very bad place. But if you are viewing Hell as a place where Satan and his minions are torturing you with fire and pitchforks then you have received some wrong info. Hell is a place separated from God, it is surrounded by a lake of fire, so there is no escape. Once your there you are tormented by your own thoughts and memories. Remember everyone that chose to be separated from God is there as well, and God's grace does not protect you from them.

You said that you are fine with the idea that you can go to Hell, be separated from God and be happy on your own; but are you happy now? Are you content to spend eternity with the same level of happiness you have right now? Do you not have any hope for something better than this life? I do, my hope is my Lord and God, Jesus the Christ; what's your's?

Serigado, you are a man of great faith. Your god is humanistic logic and reasoning. You are trapped in a prison of your own reasoning, because you refuse to acknowledge that it is reasonable to think that God could love you enough to allow the sacrifice of His Son for you.

If you had the chance to come and live in the prison I work at for the rest of your life, would you? Then why are you choosing to live in the prison your in?