Humans are egotistical when it comes to god.

Humans are egotistical when it comes to god.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
It's all political Bad wolf. It's part of the leftist agenda. I've been watching this thing for decades. Don't be afraid. That's what they are trying to make you feel. We are not going to effect the earths climate change by even 1%.

I know you have no reason to believe me. Just give it time.

But you can believe me about God though! 😉
I have read a lot about this, what is happening and so forth.
I have also read a little around the reasons why it isn't happening, but the things I found, the programs I watched, I found to be based on faulty data and much of it downright lies.

Z8

Moves
31 Mar 07

Now we need to define superior within the context of this discussion. By comparison we are certainly different. Everything is different in some way or else everything would be the same.

But by superior I mean in capability, in knowledge, in ability to do not only good but to do evil.

And what I mean by dominant over nature is that we can create artifi ...[text shortened]... as a crazy christian. I may be crazy, and I'm a christian, but I'm not a crazy christian! 🙄
Ok, I would agree about the nature part. We adapt to it, and we are able to create living enviroments in otherwise hostile conditions due to technology.

I think I see where you are coming with this. My point though, is that we share many common traits with animals, and we are not that different. You would agree?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 07

Originally posted by Zander 88
Ok, I would agree about the nature part. We adapt to it, and we are able to create living enviroments in otherwise hostile conditions due to technology.

I think I see where you are coming with this. My point though, is that we share many common traits with animals, and we are not that different. You would agree?
There's no point in splitting hairs.🙂

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 07

Originally posted by Bad wolf
I have read a lot about this, what is happening and so forth.
I have also read a little around the reasons why it isn't happening, but the things I found, the programs I watched, I found to be based on faulty data and much of it downright lies.
There's plenty of lying going on on both sides of the isle.
If global warming is true then we're in for it. But if it turns out to be a hoax then certain peoples reputations and credibility will be ruined.

Moves
01 Apr 07

There's plenty of lying going on on both sides of the isle.
If global warming is true then we're in for it. But if it turns out to be a hoax then certain peoples reputations and credibility will be ruined.
Well, we'd be in for it if we don't do anything: but there are many things we can do; i mean, if we leave it till later, the cost of it will be immense; so doing something now will save us a lot in the long term.

If it is wrong, and I don't think it is, many people's reputation will be ruined; hopefully they would be punished in some sense.
Again, if it isn't real...(it is 😉)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Apr 07

Well, we'd be in for it if we don't do anything: but there are many things we can do; i mean, if we leave it till later, the cost of it will be immense; so doing something now will save us a lot in the long term.

If it is wrong, and I don't think it is, many people's reputation will be ruined; hopefully they would be punished in some sense.
Again, if it isn't real...(it is 😉)
If I had my way we would all be living in a garden.
I hate what we're doing to our environment.
We sacrifice our relationships we each other for material pursuits at great cost.

Moves
02 Apr 07
1 edit

If I had my way we would all be living in a garden.
I hate what we're doing to our environment.
We sacrifice our relationships we each other for material pursuits at great cost.
Yes, it has become a very possession-based world. 🙁

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Apr 07

Yes, it has become a very possession-based world. 🙁
This is all well and good, your discussion, but it bares little on my theme: It's the egotism of humans to think some god would put them above animals, whales, dolphins, great apes, dogs, all so low on the totem pole as to not even be worth a thought about whether they could have a soul. I say if we have souls, so do they and we are no better on a spiritual plane than any life on earth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
This is all well and good, your discussion, but it bares little on my theme: It's the egotism of humans to think some god would put them above animals, whales, dolphins, great apes, dogs, all so low on the totem pole as to not even be worth a thought about whether they could have a soul. I say if we have souls, so do they and we are no better on a spiritual plane than any life on earth.
I think it does nothing but lower the bar on human behavior when
the claim is we are but animals that dress ourselves too. That in
my opinion has much a push for an agenda than the other route.
As far as souls are concern what are "YOU" refering to when you
use that word?
Kelly

h

Cosmos

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think it does nothing but lower the bar on human behavior when
the claim is we are but animals that dress ourselves too. That in
my opinion has much a push for an agenda than the other route.
As far as souls are concern what are "YOU" refering to when you
use that word?
Kelly
"I think it does nothing but lower the bar on human behavior when
the claim is we are but animals that dress ourselves too"

Stop deluding yourself Kelly.
Most dolphins are more intelligent than you.

Moves
03 Apr 07

Try to think of the desire to gain more possessions as another reason humans are selfish, ignoring the plight of other lifeforms, chasing their own desires: possessions are another distraction, blurring the respect between other lifeforms that would otherwise be there (barring other factors as well).

j

CA, USA

Moves
03 Apr 07

Do you walk the walk .. or just talk the talk?

Are you a vegan or are you complicit in the slaughter of your "equals?"

h

Cosmos

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by jammer

Most bats are more intelligent than you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Apr 07

Originally posted by jammer

I did not at any time put myself above what I thought was wrong about the religious argument that we were superior to animals and therfore worthy of the attention of some god or other. We are all in the same boat, me included. Of course I enjoy a hamburger with fries and a beer. I never said I was a vegan. It's not a 'bad' trait to be an omnivore, it's an equal trait with animals who are also. If I was a pure vegan it would still be life eating life and that is no better on a spiritual scale than a dedicated meat eater. I tend to eat more veggies than meat because it is better for my body to do so not from some self-imagined edict from a god. I think if anything, the behavior of the majority of religious people, especially in the light of the fact they are diametrically opposed to one another, is in itself a good reason for there not to have an involvement of a god. What god in it's right mind would ever condone such atrocities against other people whom such a god would by reason of its own sanity not playing favorites? Say I raise cute little birds. They are all genetically pretty much the same, same bonding attributes, same intelligence, etc. I am the god in this instance. So from my perspective, why would I feel any differantly towards any of the birds? Maybe one or two birds have bonded better to me while I am in their cages and I hold them on my fingers for awhile longer than others. That doesn't mean I am going to take those birds out of their environment and force them to be my supplicants. Do you see what I am driving at with this analogy?

h

Cosmos

Moves
04 Apr 07

I did not at any time put myself above what I thought was wrong about the religious argument that we were superior to animals and therfore worthy of the attention of some god or other. We are all in the same boat, me included. Of course I enjoy a hamburger with fries and a beer. I never said I was a vegan. It's not a 'bad' trait to be an omnivore, it's an e ...[text shortened]... nt and force them to be my supplicants. Do you see what I am driving at with this analogy?
You've used far too many words for Spanner to be able to follow your argument.