1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '15 06:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    That is your choice and frankly your loss.

One thing is clear to me, Witness Lee left us a vast amount of riches from his experience with God. You seem to be a coward to share any of yours, if you have any.

So his witness of Christ is worth more to the world than your non-witness. The unfit servant of God appears to be you.
    You have allowed Robbie carrobie to turn this from being a JW Masonic issue into you defending W Lee. Must try harder 😉
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you know what, you come across real slippery, you seem unable to simply answer a question with honesty and simplicity. You were asked what he did for a living. Why couldn't you just say he was a taxi driver, or he had a shop that sold books. I take it from your text he fleeced his flock. Thank you that's all I wanted to know. Once again the apostl ...[text shortened]... o that he would not be a burden to anyone doing hard work with his hands, as the scriptures say.
    YOU are the one who has turned this thread from its original purpose. YOU are the one who refused to answer questions put forth in this thread. YOU are the one who has hijacked this thread towards attacking Witness Lee and others, instead of defending Charles Russell, which apparently you cannot do.

I will leave it to others to ascertain who the slippery one is.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    YOU are the one who has turned this thread from its original purpose. YOU are the one who refused to answer questions put forth in this thread. YOU are the one who has hijacked this thread towards attacking Witness Lee and others, instead of defending Charles Russell, which apparently you cannot do.

I will leave it to others to ascertain who the slippery one is.
    In fairness to Robbie, I gave permission for him turn the tables on examining a teacher I also revere.

I said "Fair is fair" when a couple of posters brought up the subject of Witness Lee.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:51
    In fairness to Robbie, I gave permission for him turn the tables on examining a teacher I also revere.

I said "Fair is fair" when a couple of posters brought up the subject of Witness Lee.
    I just hope that when Robbie has blown himself out against Witness Lee, you steer him back to the original purpose of this thread.

It may be that "Fair is fair", but that shouldn't allow Robbie to skate away without answering your questions.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '15 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I just hope that when Robbie has blown himself out against Witness Lee, you steer him back to the original purpose of this thread.

It may be that "Fair is fair", but that shouldn't allow Robbie to skate away without answering your questions.
    1.) I no longer expect an answer from him on that question.
    I don't think about it anymore. He's not going to get personal or subjective about knowing God.

Maybe he just cannot.

2.) I am ready for my part to close this thread (yet that is not really my perogative).

I concluded with three points:

a.) I am still studying early beginnings of the JWs.

b.) I never met any JWs that talk about Freemasonary things.

c.) The denial of the physical resurrection of Christ, I think, is reminiscient of Docetism which was an subset of Gnosticism.
    And I think the Masons (which are not that easy to find out about) had some gnosticism in their secretive society.

Any further wrangling about Witness Lee, as far as I am concerned, can take place on a new thread just for that if they want.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:48
    I studied with the JWs for a little while and went to their Kingdom Hall and even though i do not consider myself an expert on their cult, I learned enough about them to know they are far from orthodox Christianity. I decided it was best for me to depart quietly and without incident.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I studied with the JWs for a little while and went to their Kingdom Hall and even though i do not consider myself an expert on their cult, I learned enough about them to know they are far from orthodox Christianity. I decided it was best for me to depart quietly and without incident.
    and you've been missed ever since!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:59
    1.) I no longer expect an answer from him on that question.
    I don't think about it anymore. He's not going to get personal or subjective about knowing God.

Maybe he just cannot.

2.) I am ready for my part to close this thread (yet that is not really my perogative).

I concluded with three points:

a.) I am still studying ear ...[text shortened]... itness Lee, as far as I am concerned, can take place on a new thread just for that if they want.
    If you can get a copy of Proclaimers of Gods Kingdom it is a detailed history of all the issues that we faced, both internally and externally. There are also a video series as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree