Jesus claimed to be God

Jesus claimed to be God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
As rajk999 rightly pointed out, it is Thomas speaking and not Jesus.

That said, it doesn't seem like you understand what Thomas is saying either.

Seems like most Christians seem to understand the concept of Jesus "abiding" in people and do not believe that those people and Jesus are literally one and the same.
Yet many seem not to be able to unde ...[text shortened]... d in John 12 and John 14.

It does not mean that Jesus and God are literally one and the same.
Would you agree that Jesus is the Son of God?

T

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Would you agree that Jesus is the Son of God?
In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be literally God.

Hopefully you understand that claiming to be a son of God is not the same as claiming to be literally God. Do you understand this?

Be that as it may, as I posted earlier:

Jesus calls for His followers to become "sons of God" as He is a "son of God" For example:

Matthew 5
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
22 Mar 18

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be literally God. Evidently you believe in a different gospel.

What's more, evidently you so wish that Jesus claimed to be literally God that you are not only unable to make the distinction between Jesus claiming to be literally God and those other than Jesus claiming that He is ...[text shortened]... 17-18, Philippians 2:5-7 ) or a son of God (Hebrews 1:1-8).

"The truth will make you free".
John 14:7-9
¶ If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
¶ Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
¶ Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Isaiah 44:24 (Speaking of the LORD God)
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Colossians 1:15-17 (Speaking of Jesus)
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Same person.

You are obviously a JW.

T

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @secondson
John 14:7-9
¶ If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
¶ Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
¶ Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest th ...[text shortened]... is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Same person.

You are obviously a JW.
Seems like most Christians seem to understand the concept of Jesus "abiding" in people and do not believe that those people and Jesus are literally one and the same.
Yet many seem not to be able to understand the concept of God "abiding" in Jesus in a similar manner.

Seems like most Christians seem to understand the concept of being able to "see Jesus" in the works some people do and do not believe that those people and Jesus are literally one and the same.
Yet many seem not to be able to understand the concept of being able to "see God" in the works Jesus did in a similar manner.

Perhaps these concepts can be best understood through the following:
John 14
9Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. 11“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

Clearly Jesus makes a distinction between Him and God.
Clearly Jesus expects Philip to be able to "see" the Father in the works that He does with the Father abiding / working within Him.

Jesus explains a similar concept here
John 12
44And Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45“He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

Clearly Jesus makes a distinction between Him and God.
Clearly Jesus expects His followers (believers) to be able to "see God" in Him. This is similar in concept to where Jesus expects Philip to "see" the Father in the works that He does with the Father abiding / working within Him.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
22 Mar 18

Yet many seem not to be able to understand the concept of God "abiding" in Jesus in a similar manner.

Seems like most Christians seem to understand the concept of being able to "see Jesu ...[text shortened]... ing / working within Him.

You seem to think you know so much about Jesus. Well, we know Jesus didn't have a human father, so why don't you explain how Jesus was conceived in His mothers womb?

Who's seed impregnated Mary the mother of Jesus?

One of the angels maybe?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Mar 18

You seem to think you know so much about Jesus. Well, we know Jesus didn't have a human father, so why don't you explain how Jesus was conceived in His mothers womb?

One of the angels maybe?
The good money is on Joseph.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The good money is on Joseph.
How much money?

I know you don't believe there is a God, but God places a greater value on you than on the cosmos.

Don't see the relevance do you? Maybe you do, but you can't imagine it's true.

I know it's cryptic, but death has no hope.

Life, on the other hand is everlasting. Imagine that if you can.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Mar 18

One of the angels maybe?
Yep.. God fathered himself.

Why not just accept what the Bible says
Mary was with child of the Holy Spirit.
Mary was Jesus's mother
Joseph was the earthly father
God was the heavenly Father
Jesus was the Son of God.

T

Moves
22 Mar 18
3 edits

One of the angels maybe?
As I posted to you earlier:
<<In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be literally God. Evidently you believe in a different gospel.>>

Evidently you believe literally that "Jesus didn't have a human father". This is part of they gospel in which you believe. This is not part of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus calls for His followers to become "sons of God" as He is a "son of God" For example:

Matthew 5
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

EDIT: See my response to rajk999 that follows.

T

Moves
22 Mar 18
5 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Yep.. God fathered himself.

Why not just accept what the Bible says
Mary was with child of the Holy Spirit.
Mary was Jesus's mother

Nicely sketched. In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry Jesus calls for His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God. This is what Jesus was describing to Nicodemus in John 3. How is it that they cannot hear what He was saying? How is it that they "do not understand these things"?

John 3
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7“Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8“The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9Nicodemus said to Him, “How can these things be?” 10Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Mar 18

[b]Joseph was the earthly father

Nicely sketched. In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry Jesus calls for His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God. This is what Jesus was describing to Nicodemus in John 3. How is it that they cannot hear what He was saying? How ...[text shortened]... wered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?[/b]
Plus Paul made it abundantly clear that God was the head of Christ, just as Christ was the head of man. Yet they will find a way to twist that as well.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Do you feel threatened by people on an internet forum? I don't.
Clearly you do

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
So a Christians who claims :
- Christ is in them
- They are in Christ
Is that Christian also claiming to be Christ?

Something is really sadly wrong with your ability to reason and think clearly.
Are you an adult of a 5 yr old?
So a Christians who claims :
- Christ is in them
- They are in Christ
Is that Christian also claiming to be Christ?

The Christian is a member of the Body of Christ.
And the Body of Christ is called by the Apostle Paul "THE Christ"

"For even as the body is one and has many members, yet all the members of the body, being many, are one body,

so also is the Christ." (1 Cor. 12:12)

I am a part of "the Christ".

Also my spirit is "one spirit with the Lord" .
That means in part Christ is me and I am Christ.

Paul reminds the Corinthian Christians that they should realize that Jesus Christ is IN them unless they are disapproved.

"Test your selves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved." (2 Cor. 13:5)

A man should first RECEIVE Jesus Christ because Christ is alive and available.

A man should stand on faith that Christ lives in Him and enjoy God honoring that fact.

Do you know how your life will change when you wake each morning with the confession "Jesus Christ lives in me!" ?

You will be empowered by grace to live unto Christ.

Yes, part of my being is Christ. Absolutely.

I wish to mature to the point that I can confess with Paul that it is no longer I that lives but Christ that lives in me.

"I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me;

and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Hismelf up for me.

I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness is through the law then Christ has died for nothing." (Galatians 2:20,21)

That's where the Christian needs to be.
Sure, a part of me IS the Lord Jesus Christ.
May I learn to LIVE more and more by Him.

Moves
23 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Clearly you do
Lol. Ok...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Do you know how your life will change when you wake each morning with the confession [b] "Jesus Christ lives in me!" ? [/b]
Wrong. The life of the Christian changes
when the Spirit of Christ WORKS IN HIM.
And this happens when the Christian follows the commandments.
Confession is mouth worship.
You cannot end your mouthworshipping preaching.. its ingrained in you.
When others speak of good works you cringe.