John 8:58

John 8:58

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have still not produced a single reason why the verse should be translated as it is, when you can or do let me know.
I gave you one, and you didn't see it?
Centuries of translations all say the same thing that is until you come along.
If you don't see that as a reason....well what can I say.
Kelly

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
I gave you one, and you didn't see it?
Centuries of translations all say the same thing that is until you come along.
If you don't see that as a reason....well what can I say.
Kelly
ok, you seem unable to separate me, the proposer of the argument from any kind of rational reply, ad hominem much? see when you do provide a reference to the actual content of my text (that is distinct from me personally) and state why a verse is translated in the way it is so as to demonstrate an understanding other than simply aping what other people have done, let me know for my patience for fools is slowly waning.

I repeat, citing translations is not stating any kind of reason why a verse is translated in the way that it is, for all you are doing is comparing renderings, not actually looking at the base text to see if they are accurately rendered. If you cannot understand the difference then i very much doubt you will be able to explain why its translated in the way that it is, in fact, if i am brutally honest, i dont think you have any way of knowing what an accurate translation is and what is not otherwise you would have said something relevant by now.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13
1 edit

ok, you seem unable to separate me, the proposer of the argument from any kind of rational reply, ad hominem much? see when you do provide a reference to the actual content of my text (that is distinct from me personally) and state why a verse is translated in the way it is so as to demonstrate an understanding other than simply aping what other peop ...[text shortened]... accurate translation is and what is not otherwise you would have said something relevant by now.
Robbie,
I'm sorry but think about what you are suggesting!
For centuries, people some of which have devoted their lives to getting
translations correct have all been saying the same thing and you disagree,
so when I point this out to you, you are now accusing me of ad hominem?
Seriously, many of those translations were created not by a single person,
but several different groups got together so that none of them could slip in
their "specific" translations to avoid the very thing you are accusing
everyone for centuries of doing!
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13

ok, you seem unable to separate me, the proposer of the argument from any kind of rational reply, ad hominem much? see when you do provide a reference to the actual content of my text (that is distinct from me personally) and state why a verse is translated in the way it is so as to demonstrate an understanding other than simply aping what other peop ...[text shortened]... accurate translation is and what is not otherwise you would have said something relevant by now.
So now I'm a fool? You are a piece of work, and in danger of Hell fire.
Kelly

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13

Robbie,
I'm sorry but think about what you are suggesting!
For centuries, people some of which have devoted their lives to getting
translations correct have all been saying the same thing and you disagree,
so when I point this out to you, you are now accusing me of ad hominem?
Seriously, many of those translations were created not be a single person,
...[text shortened]... ranslations to avoid the very thing you are accusing
everyone for centuries of doing!
Kelly
tell us why its translated in a particular way, not that it is.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13

So now I'm a fool? You are a piece of work, and in danger of Hell fire.
Kelly
is that a threat or a promise for i tell you truly reasoning with Satan is a rather appealing alternative.

Moves
24 Jun 13

...ad hominem much?...
*face palm

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 13

tell us why its translated in a particular way, not that it is.
Obviously it is translated to give the correct meaning, unless you are a member of the Watchtower Society's cult. which wants to make it agree with their man-made doctrine and not God's word.

The Instructor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13

is that a threat or a promise for i tell you truly reasoning with Satan is a rather appealing alternative.
Matthew 5:22
But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13

actually believe it or not the thoughts are the product of my own mind, after all, I can read and write and understand Greek, enough that i know when tenses are being tampered with, additions are being made and grammatical English is being ignored, therefore you will need to actually address the actual content of the post and points that i made, unus ...[text shortened]... to others making me wonder how many of those 'tons of books', you have actually read yourself.
Are you Greek, did you learn Greek in Greece? Where did you learn to both
speak and write the language, who taught you?
Kelly

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13

Are you Greek, did you learn Greek in Greece? Where did you learn to both
speak and write the language, who taught you?
Kelly
the thread is not about me, why you seem incapable of differentiating between me personally and the text i have absolutely no idea. Can you tell us why the text is translated in a particular way or can you not?

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
*face palm
Thread 153900

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Obviously it is translated to give the correct meaning, unless you are a member of the Watchtower Society's cult. which wants to make it agree with their man-made doctrine and not God's word.

The Instructor
As I i said i do not think anyone mentions the watchtower publishers as much as you. In fact i think you are obsessed, which is kinda creepy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 13

the thread is not about me, why you seem incapable of differentiating between me personally and the text i have absolutely no idea. Can you tell us why the text is translated in a particular way or can you not?
Well you made it about you when you told me the complaint you have came
from your own way of thinking not some link or web site everyone could
review. Which was why I have been pointing out to you that it’s you against
all of the other translators throughout all time.
Kelly

rc

Moves
24 Jun 13

Well you made it about you when you told me the complaint you have came
from your own way of thinking not some link or web site everyone could
review. Which was why I have been pointing out to you that it’s you against
all of the other translators throughout all time.
Kelly
ok you cannot tell us anything about the text and why its translated in the way that it is, thanks, have a good evening.