1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think we might as well stop wasting any more of our time with these two JWs. They are not really paying any attention anyway.

The Instructor
    I am kind of writing for the sake of others who might be reading along.

I don't suspect Robbie is getting anything.
    But the word of God will not return void.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:462 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am kind of writing for the sake of others who might be reading along.

I don't suspect Robbie is getting anything.
    But the word of God will not return void.
    you are writing for the sake of others? what so that they too will join your in your pretence? pretending that the scriptures say something other than they do? pretending that your translators have not imposed dogma on scripture? pretending that they have not obscured the implicit meaning? pretending that first-born really doesn't mean first-born that it means something else, pretending that 'of the creation', really doesn't mean, part of the creation but something else, pretending that Christ never stated that 'you are to worship Jehovah alone and to him alone you are to render sacred service', pretending that the fact that Christ never even even gave thought to a seizure namely that he should be equal to God means something other than he gave no thought to the idea that he should be equal to God, pretending that he really is not subject to God despite the fact that the Bibles states, 'the head of Christ is God', pretending that a simple reference to a prehuman existence is somehow a revelation that Christ is God, pretending that the simple personal pronoun and the verb 'to be', in the present tense has magical properties in relation to Jesus, pretending that a translation has not been rendered in a specific was so that it perpetuates your mythology, the whole act is a pretence, a gimmick, an unreality, you know it, I know it and anyone else who has read the thread knows it.

The word of God? you have made the word of God invalid because of your traditions.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    more paganism masquerading as Biblical truth, you worry about your salvation, i have more bias to expose and the way one discerns whether they are approved or disapproved is not by some mystical spiritualistic practices and sorcery, but by studying the scriptures and applying the principles.
    I would be careful how I judged!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:00
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I would be careful how I judged!
    would you? how interesting, the fact that i have demonstrated my case extensively, with illustration, with reference leads me to believe that the scriptures themselves make the judgement.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:06
    would you? how interesting, the fact that i have demonstrated my case extensively, with illustration, with reference leads me to believe that the scriptures themselves make the judgement.
    But you are not scripture.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:211 edit
    But you are not scripture.
    did i say i was?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:26
    did i say i was?
    I misread your post, I detract.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:321 edit
    I misread your post, I detract.
    a recantation, how interesting, already today i have heard confessions from jaywill and now a recantation, my work here is done 😛 actually its 2:32 AM (oops i better put that in lower case incase Hinds or Jaywill ascribe it some mystical properties) 2:32 am, and i must leave before i really start to talk unadulterated free form jazz like gibberish. Good evening and may Jehovah , the father of the celestial lights be with you!
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:35
    RC, just out of curiosity... Do you have schooling, studies, etc in translation from the Greek?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:432 edits
    RC, just out of curiosity... Do you have schooling, studies, etc in translation from the Greek?
    i read a book, Teach yourself New Testament Greek and learned to read and write simple Koine Greek with some grammar. I have no qualifications and no schooling otherwise. You should try to learn it yourself, its not particularity difficult and so many Greek words have found their way into English, in fact our alphabet is partly based upon it. There are many websites that will help you with pronunciation also, good luck, it would be well worth it for a student of Gods word, because English does not always carry the nuances of the original.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 01:53
    i read a book, Teach yourself New Testament Greek and learned to read and write simple Koine Greek with some grammar. I have no qualifications and no schooling otherwise. You should try to learn it yourself, its not particularity difficult and so many Greek words have found their way into English, in fact our alphabet is partly based upon it. There ...[text shortened]... t for a student of Gods word, because English does not always carry the nuances of the original.
    Ok, good. I have been doing some research lately with regards to translations, codex, and Greek and have found it to be very interesting stuff. Many different views, philosophy's and beliefs.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 09:14
    The word of God? you have made the word of God invalid because of your traditions.
    And I suppose it is you who have the most respect for the Word of God.

So much so that you had to change it to something you liked better, something to fit YOUR doctrine.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 09:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And I suppose it is you who have the most respect for the Word of God.

So much so that you had to change it to something you liked better, something to fit YOUR doctrine.
    which doctrine is that?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 09:16
    i read a book, Teach yourself New Testament Greek and learned to read and write simple Koine Greek with some grammar. I have no qualifications and no schooling otherwise. You should try to learn it yourself, its not particularity difficult and so many Greek words have found their way into English, in fact our alphabet is partly based upon it. There ...[text shortened]... t for a student of Gods word, because English does not always carry the nuances of the original.
    ok, I see, so we all need to take your word for it that we have the Bible all screwed up because you 'read a book'?

Fantastic.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 09:16
    which doctrine is that?
    Now you don't even know what your doctrine is?

Wow, that excuse will go over big on Judgement Day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree