JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Talk us through how your family's "absolute" morality, as it applies to this case, played out. How do you -with your moral "objectivity'" - argue that your family's stance was "right"?
Why would you want to troll my family?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Why would you want to troll my family?
I am not. They are unaware of the way in which you are seeking to use their story and my responses to you. I am asking you to demonstrate your much vaunted notion of "objective morality". Why do you think the stuff you were saying on page 2 and 3 was morally ''more true' than my stance, according to your moral sensibilities?

Moves
22 Sep 18
2 edits

I am not. They are unaware of the way in which you are seeking to use their story and my responses to you. I am asking you to demonstrate your much vaunted notion of "objective morality". Why do you think the stuff you were saying on page 2 and 3 was morally ''more true' than my stance, according to your moral sensibilities?
Ok first tell me what your motives are in lying about things you claim I have said? And also by referring to the sensitive information I have shared as 'spinning a yarn'? What is your motive in that?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Ok first tell me what your motives are in lying about things you claim I have said ?
I haven't lied about anything.

What about the things we are debating?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

By the way the way the fact that I believe in the existence of 'absolute truth' doesn't mean I am able to adhere to it all the time. As an ex-Christian I would have thought you would know that.
So, morally speaking, what do you believe your sister and family should have done about the rapist?

Moves
22 Sep 18

I haven't lied about anything.

What about the things we are debating?
Ok lets pretend you didn't lie and that you were simply hallucinating. Do you believe there is only one correct way in which my family could have handled this? Yes or No?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

...by saying referring to the sensitive information I have shared as 'spinning a yarn'? What is your motive in that?
Brutal honesty. You seem to be some kind of manchild. You don't appear to have given any thought to the moral implications of the story you suddenly introduced in an attempt to side with robbie carrobie in his efforts to defend the cover up of sexual abuse. Do you think your family was complicit in covering up sexual abuse in your cult? Or perhaps you haven't given it any thought.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Do you believe there is only one correct way in which my family could have handled this? Yes or No?
Do you think your way was more morally sound than mine? If so why according to "objective morality"? I think my approach is more morally sound than yours. But then I recognize that we are all subjective about such things - something you reject.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Do you think your way was more morally sound than mine? If so why according to "objective morality"? I think my approach is more morally sound than yours. But then I recognize that we are all subjective about such things - something you reject.
Which way of mine are you on about? You are making no sense.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

I was one of the last people in my family to find out.
How long do you think was a morally acceptable interval - in terms of the "absolute" and "objective" truth and morality notions you peddle here - before your family warned other cult members that the mothers and daughters might get raped by one of the counsellors? I ask just to get a sense of your own moral mind map.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

Which way of mine are you on about? You are making no sense.
What you said on page 2 and 3. We're still talking about whether to warn women about a rapist who might rape them. Or whether to cover it up.

Moves
22 Sep 18

How long do you think was a morally acceptable interval - in terms of the "absolute" and "objective" truth and morality notions you peddle here - before your family warned other cult members that the mothers and daughters might get raped by one of the counsellors? I ask just to get a sense of your own moral mind map.
How on earth would he rape them if he was serving a life sentence in prison for murder?

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

What you said on page 2 and 3. We're still talking about whether to warn women about a rapist who might rape them. Or whether to cover it up.
I asked you some questions on page 2 and 3. When did I say it was ok to cover anything up?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Do you believe there is only one correct way in which my family could have handled this? Yes or No?
You mean the story you have told? A counsellor raping a girl or girls he is counselling? Yes. One must act. I have no doubt. What was - in your view - the moral justification for not acting and so opening up others to the risk being raped?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

I asked you some questions on page 2 and 3. When did I say it was ok to cover anything up?
If your family kept the identity of the rapist secret and didn't tell anybody about the rape, how would you describe that if not a 'cover up'?