1. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 17:43
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “…Exactly. God does directly or allows these things to happen….”

I really appreciate your logical consistency here.
    You appear to acknowledge the logic that you cannot have a “God” that is BOTH always kind AND has the power to prevent unkind things to happen to people but doesn't.
    Who said God is always kind?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Who said God is always kind?
    Right, god is sometimes freaking evil. Like everytime he let a child get cancer.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 19:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Right, god is sometimes freaking evil. Like everytime he let a child get cancer.
    The rules of life dont change becuase you dont like it.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 19:38
    The rules of life dont change becuase you dont like it.
    What I like and don't like has nothing to do with the facts stated above.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 19:53
    What I like and don't like has nothing to do with the facts stated above.
    Well then stop complaining about what happens to some kids. Thats life .. suck it up and move on. God will fix these problems in his own time, not yours.
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 00:26
    Well then stop complaining about what happens to some kids. Thats life .. suck it up and move on. God will fix these problems in his own time, not yours.
    So, what you are saying is you believe in god and approve of him letting innocent little children suffer. That, sir, is a despicable position! I am sure if you could relieve suffering in a little kid, you would.........yet you hold god to a lower standard!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    So, what you are saying is you believe in god and approve of him letting innocent little children suffer. That, sir, is a despicable position! I am sure if you could relieve suffering in a little kid, you would.........yet you hold god to a lower standard!
    Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thingformed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
    21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

In case you did not figure out that passage .. it means that you are just a lump of clay in the eyes of God.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 01:28
    Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thingformed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
    21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

In case you did not figure out that passage .. it means that you are just a lump of clay in the eyes of God.
    Because there is no god, your statement is "full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing" and is of no concern to me. Again, your position says it's OK for innocent children to suffer. What are innocent children in the eyes of your despicable (make believe) god?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 01:32
    If you are a theist, do you approve of a god who allows suffering of little children?
    I'll answer this, and I have had a child who died 13 days past her first birthday.
    I thank God for every day we had with her, it was one of the best and worst years
    of my entire life. I am not promised tomorrow, she was not either, she could have
    lived to be 80 and she would still die and be where she is now. I cannot say I'm
    happy about this NOT EVEN a little bit, but this life is not forever, what is to come
    is. Her pain and suffering are over in this life, I look forward to seeing her again its
    almost been 20 years ago that she died and it is still painful to think about.

I am still telling you we bring on suffering ourselves more than we need too, and
    that we are to blame for almost all of the pain and suffering we under go. Now do
    I have an answer why children die or suffer, why would you limit to just children?
    Suffering and death are things I despise with a passion, I cannot stomach seeing
    anyone cause another to suffer, but soon those things are going to end and
    everyone or things that cause those things to occur will be ended forever. Now we
    are dealing with justice and injustice, goodness and evil, selfishness and
    selflessness all things are being revealed to be what they are so they can end up
    where they belong in the end.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 01:351 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Though I dispute that claim, even if allowed, it does not answer the question. Even if we do 99.999999% of the damage, it does not mean natural disasters do no damage.
    Why are you so insistent on ignoring the damage that natural disasters cause?

[b]I'd be willing to bet that many of our choices have brought upon ourselves a lot
    of other suffering too use point blank to address the hard questions. Does ThinkOfOne have you correctly pegged?
    "Why are you so insistent on ignoring the damage that natural disasters cause? "

[/b]This planet was cursed because of us, it wasn't like this in the beginning, but we
    ruined a good thing as we tend to do with all things we touch.
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 01:36
    Because there is no god, your statement is "full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing" and is of no concern to me. Again, your position says it's OK for innocent children to suffer. What are innocent children in the eyes of your despicable (make believe) god?
    Children or adult, innocent or guilty, what difference does it make ... we are all lumps of clay or dust blowing in the wind.

Genesis 3:19 ....for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

You have a seriously shallow brain my friend. God is the one that will determine what becomes of us when we die. So stop with the criticism and go live a good life and pray and ask for forgiveness for your blasphemy.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 03:47
    Do I complain that god is an evil one? Where did I do that? God is who god is.

Rather this is one of the paradoxes of god: The evil god is the god of love. This doesn't make sense. The foundation of theism is very unstable. Why worship the evil one?

The evil one - the one who gives cancer to innocent children.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 04:17
    Do I complain that god is an evil one? Where did I do that? God is who god is.

Rather this is one of the paradoxes of god: The evil god is the god of love. This doesn't make sense. The foundation of theism is very unstable. Why worship the evil one?

The evil one - the one who gives cancer to innocent children.
    makes sense to me.
    Yes , "It" is a paradox.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 04:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    makes sense to me.
    Yes , "It" is a paradox.
    I cannot believe in a paradox. "Evil *and* loving", no it's not possible for me.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 04:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Why are you so insistent on ignoring the damage that natural disasters cause? "

This planet was cursed because of us, it wasn't like this in the beginning, but we
    ruined a good thing as we tend to do with all things we touch.
    Kelly
    So why was it so hard to say that in your first post? Why dance around the question until the answer is dragged out of you?

Now what does "cursed" mean? Who "cursed" it and why? And who is the "us" you refer to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree