1. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 20:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    When did you see God inflicting pain and suffering on children?
    When did we see him intervene to stop it?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 21:55
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg
    The real question is if God allows children to suffer and die is it "evil", there are 2 kinds of evil, morally evil and "physically" evil, namely what we call evil, like earthquakes, fires, floods... but they're not really evil in the sense that they're sins, so no God doesn't sin.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 22:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    We are talking about children with cancer, don't we?

God has the power to cure the innocent children, but he choses not to. That's evil of him.

The design of the human body is flawed, because of cancer. Why did god create a faulty human body? That's evil of him.

But this you already know if you have read the thread from the beginning.
    You are too shallow.

"God has the power to cure the innocent children, but he choses not to. That's evil of him."

It is evil of you to blame God. Why don't you cure the children? Because you don't have the power? That's evil of you!

"The design of the human body is flawed, because of cancer. Why did god create a faulty human body? That's evil of him."

I feel sorry for you. You are obviously so flawed you can't see how obtuse your reasoning is. Since you are so flawed, does that make you evil?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 22:30
    Don't worry. You will.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 08:393 edits
    Don't worry. You will.
    So “God” WILL (future tense) intervene to stop it.

So why hasn’t “he” already (past tense) intervened to stop it?

Obviously, regardless of any future change of heart and intervention by "him", “he” must have been so far indifferent to the suffering of children (even suffering NOT caused by us) if we haven’t seen “him” intervening to stop that suffering in the past.
    This is a case of “cruelty by indifference”.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 14:54
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    So “God” WILL (future tense) intervene to stop it.

So why hasn’t “he” already (past tense) intervened to stop it?

Obviously, regardless of any future change of heart and intervention by "him", “he” must have been so far indifferent to the suffering of children (even suffering NOT caused by us) if we haven’t seen “him” intervening to stop that suffering in the past.
    This is a case of “cruelty by indifference”.
    I don't know how to tell you this, but, only the willfully ignorant would presume to judge and accuse God whether they believe in His existence or not.

Yours' is a case of "ignorants by indifference".

Or perhaps you feel so helpless to do anything about the suffering in this world, which, by the way, is greater than you or I even know, that by lashing out at God you make yourself feel better and more powerful.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 17:121 edit
    You are too shallow.

"God has the power to cure the innocent children, but he choses not to. That's evil of him."

[b]It is evil of you to blame God. Why don't you cure the children? Because you don't have the power? That's evil of you!

"The design of the human body is flawed, because of cancer. Why did god create a faulty human body? That's ev ee how obtuse your reasoning is. Since you are so flawed, does that make you evil?[/b][/b]
    You say I am evil because I cannot cure cancer? I'm sorry I have to laugh!
    Dear friend, when did I say that I am omnipotent? When did I say that I created the bilogical design of a human body? Do you really expect that I am responsible to cancer? And you say that I am evl because of all this? 😀

I would merely say that children cancer is a proof that the idea of Intelligent Design is false. that there is no creeator. That the ID idea is nothing more than imagination.
  8. DEEP IN THE WOODS
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 17:20
    I like little children...

they taste good.
  9. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 17:321 edit
    I don't know how to tell you this, but, only the willfully ignorant would presume to judge and accuse God whether they believe in His existence or not.

Yours' is a case of "ignorants by indifference".

Or perhaps you feel so helpless to do anything about the suffering in this world, which, by the way, is greater than you or I even know, that by lashing out at God you make yourself feel better and more powerful.
    Simply insinuating that I am ignorant and arrogant does nothing to even begin to debunk my arguments.
    The only way to show error/flaw in an argument is by using logic/evidence.

I will implicitly assuming here you believe that “God” is all powerful; so do you? If so, then there was nothing stopping “God” from preventing suffering in the past.
    So, I ask you this question:

If you believe that this “God” is all kind (and I am not saying you do; so do you?) and “he” has always been all kind and that includes in ALL past occasions (right?) then how can you explain why he has not intervened in certain occasions in the past (so for this question, we are ignoring what “he” would or wouldn’t do in the future) where child suffering occurred that was NOT caused by humans (so we avoid getting side-tracked here as to arguing who is to blame)?

That is a genuine question that makes no insinuations or insults to you and non implied and I truly desire to engage in rational conversation here so if you respond to this question please only respond to it by answering it using reason alone else please don’t respond. I haven’t made any insinuations or insults directed to you; have I? if you think I have then please point them out so we can properly address them a.s.p.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 18:06
    [b]I don't know how to tell you this, but, only the willfully ignorant would presume to judge and accuse God whether they believe in His existence or not.
    Funny, but all theists are willfully ignorant in my opinion.
  11. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 19:41
    How do you know about what God has stopped from happening?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 02:10
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Funny, but all theists are willfully ignorant in my opinion.
    Funny, I think atheist are willfully ignorant in my opinion, and neither of our
    opinions amount to much.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree