1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I cannot believe in a paradox. "Evil *and* loving", no it's not possible for me.
    Yeah. It's a bit of a stretch for most people.

To think that there is an unidentifiable "other" agency at work seems an unreasonable proposal.

I call that "God" too.

But only on the net...ok😉
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah. It's a bit of a stretch for most people.

To think that there is an unidentifiable "other" agency at work seems an unreasonable proposal.

I call that "God" too.

But only on the net...ok😉
    Whatever the other agency is, that one didn't create cancer, it didn't create anything at all, according to the genisis.

I hold god responsible to children cancer.

This is actually one important reason that I cannot ever turn christian. Unless I get a satisfactory answer.

The original poster posed a question. I'm not happy with any answer yet. Is there an answer at all?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Whatever the other agency is, that one didn't create cancer, it didn't create anything at all, according to the genisis.

I hold god responsible to children cancer.

This is actually one important reason that I cannot ever turn christian. Unless I get a satisfactory answer.

The original poster posed a question. I'm not happy with any answer yet. Is there an answer at all?
    Do you have your own version of God/god?

I dont like the christian one either....
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you have your own version of God/god?

I dont like the christian one either....
    The responsibility to solve cancer is not to pray, but to do research to find a cure. God didn't create man, we are a product of an everlasting evolution, and cancer is a part of it. God has nothing to do with that, nor any other supernatural being. Genetic research might be the solution, even if some christians are apposed to it.

I don't say that god doesn't exist. But the christian god isn't It. Any god who want me to believe in him, is loving and caring. Not evil and punishing. And he doesn't require worshipping.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So why was it so hard to say that in your first post? Why dance around the question until the answer is dragged out of you?

Now what does "cursed" mean? Who "cursed" it and why? And who is the "us" you refer to?
    You didn't drag anything out of me, I answered the first time with what came
    to mind when I read the question, and came back later to see what else you
    wanted. I have been in more than one of these discussions before as you have
    stated.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 05:59
    So why was it so hard to say that in your first post? Why dance around the question until the answer is dragged out of you?

Now what does "cursed" mean? Who "cursed" it and why? And who is the "us" you refer to?
    Read the text, unless you want me to post it or just plain explain it to you.
    Its all in the first couple of chapters of Gen.
    Kelly
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 06:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Read the text, unless you want me to post it or just plain explain it to you.
    Its all in the first couple of chapters of Gen.
    Kelly
    Yes I would like you to explain what "cursed" means and who the "us" is that you are referring to. How was I involved? I know for a fact that my name is not mentioned in Genesis.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 06:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You didn't drag anything out of me, I answered the first time with what came
    to mind when I read the question, and came back later to see what else you
    wanted. I have been in more than one of these discussions before as you have
    stated.
    Kelly
    And every single time you follow the same pattern - despite knowing what is really being asked - you avoid the difficult aspects of the question.
    You still haven't addressed the question of why God does not prevent such suffering even when caused by humans.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 08:25
    And every single time you follow the same pattern - despite knowing what is really being asked - you avoid the difficult aspects of the question.
    You still haven't addressed the question of why God does not prevent such suffering even when caused by humans.
    why should he?
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 08:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well then stop complaining about what happens to some kids. Thats life .. suck it up and move on. God will fix these problems in his own time, not yours.
    “…God will fix these problems in his own time,…”

You mean “He” will eventually “get round” to fixing it?
    That doesn’t make sense for several reasons:

1, Surely, if this God is all powerful, then ‘time’ is no obstacle to him fixing the problems now? –I mean, being “all-powerful” logically implies that he can fix EVERY problem instantly in NO time at all! –there would be no need for “getting round” to it for him! –he would just do it!

2, Given 1, above; Why would this all powerful God that is not kind be motivated to fix the problems later rather than now? I mean, if he is not kind enough to ix the problems now then why would he be EVER kind enough to fix it?

3, does this God acknowledge that he allows “problems”? –if so, why would a god do that?

“…not yours….”

Are you implying we cannot solve problems?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 12:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton

1, Surely, if this God is all powerful, then ‘time’ is no obstacle to him fixing the problems now? –I mean, being “all-powerful” logically implies that he can fix EVERY problem instantly in NO ti ...[text shortened]... –if so, why would a god do that?

“…not yours….”

Are you implying we cannot solve problems?
    God will fix things when he is ready. He has appointed a time for these things to happen. To your mind ".. he would just do it ..". But God has a plan which will unfold when he is ready to unfold it. Its not going to happen when YOU think it should. Your #2 is a bunch of assumptions and makes little sense, except maybe to your thinking. Your #3 - Yes like I said before God is fully aware that life has problems, but again why should God fix problems becuase you think He should. It will be done in His own good time. All your questions 1,2,3 revolve around one simple assumption and that is taht becuase you are not pleased with life as it exists now, and you think that God is always good and does good (an assumption which I showed from the Bible is clearly false), that God should neccessarily change his pre-determined schedule to suit mankind. It does not work that way, and neither is that proof that God does not exist.

Ecc 3 : 1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 13:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why should he?
    He doesn't have to. I am just curious about why he doesn't. Whether my curiosity will be satisfied remains to be seen.

I often find Theists reluctant to answer certain questions, and although I can make wild guesses as to why that is, it is only fair to ask them directly.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton

You left out the most important one:
    4. You cannot 'fix' suffering already incurred. Unless God can perhaps turn back time? But even then I would say the suffering has happened and cannot be 'fixed'.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 13:35
    No, every time I get asked a question I answer, it may not be to your liking at
    all times. You have been here long enough to know it sometimes takes awhile
    for people to get their points across to others, it is even harder if those you are
    talking to view the world differently than you do so they don't look at things the
    same way. You seem to have piss poor view of those that disagree with you, very
    quick to believe the worst.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '10 13:36
    Yes I would like you to explain what "cursed" means and who the "us" is that you are referring to. How was I involved? I know for a fact that my name is not mentioned in Genesis.
    I mean the planet was cursed and us is the human race.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree