Little Children

Little Children

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
So if any child C suffers S then God will one day respond by going back in time and eliminating the suffering S of child C so that child C never suffered S. But, when that day comes and God eliminates S, child C would have never suffered S so God has no cause to go back in time to and eliminating the suffering S (because S never happened) and theref ...[text shortened]... .and so on for infinitum.

What you are implying will happen here is a logical contradiction.
No, never once said the suffering in the past was going to go away.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yes you are. You keep avoiding the question, over and over despite me restating it and clarifying it multiple times.
The question is "why doesn't God prevent it?".
Stating that he will do something about it in future, is not an answer to the question, it is side stepping.
God is going to prevent evil forever!
It is happening now due to our choices, but once God ends it, it is ended.
Kelly

F

Moves
03 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
The evil of giving innocent children cancer is going to stop? Gods own evilness is stopped by - god himself??? 😕

All these christian paradoxes...

AH

Moves
03 Sep 10

Kelly
Then I am not sure what you are saying.

So this all powerful and kind “God” not only lets indecent little children suffer even when the cause is NOT us, but “he” will neglect to undo that suffering that “he” has allowed to happen to indecent little children? Is this a “kind” God?

If I had a child that became sick and I have the power to get a doctor but didn’t and just let the child suffer, am I kind?

How can a conscious entity be kind but deliberately allow unkind things to happen when it could have stopped those unkind things?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 10

Then I am not sure what you are saying.

So this all powerful and kind “God” not only lets indecent little children suffer even when the cause is NOT us, but “he” will neglect to undo that suffering that “he” has allowed to happen to indecent little children? Is this a “kind” God?

If I had a child that became sick and I have the power to get a ...[text shortened]... d but deliberately allow unkind things to happen when it could have stopped those unkind things?
God is fixing the issue not as a bandaid but as a cure, yes we are all are suffering
and the root cause of this is being dealt with. That is my point, along with much
of the suffering we are going through is by our own hands.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
03 Sep 10

Kelly
So you never did actually answer or even attempt to answer the question "Why does God not prevent the suffering?". Or are you saying that what he plans to do is a better solution? Or is he incapable of preventing suffering?

AH

Moves
03 Sep 10
1 edit

God is fixing the issue not as a bandaid but as a cure, yes we are all are suffering
and the root cause of this is being dealt with. That is my point, along with much
of the suffering we are going through is by our own hands.
Kelly
“…God is fixing the issue not as a bandaid but as a cure…”

What’s the difference?
And if “he” is all-kind then why doesn’t “he” just “cure” us?
And what is this "cure"?

“…yes we are all are suffering
and the root cause of this is being dealt with….”

Don’t know what you mean. For example, if a defected gene is a root cause of a particular child’s suffering, in what sense is “God” dealing with this particular root cause? Unless you are saying something other than God would deal with this particular root cause? if so, what?

“…much
of the suffering we are going through is by our own hands…”

And what about the suffering that is NOT “by our own hands”?
What reason has an all powerful and supposedly all kind “God” have to just allow child suffering that is NOT “by our own hands”?

T

Moves
04 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
How about Hurricane Katrina? Can we blame God for that?
Nope.

Hurricane Katrina was Bush's fault! At least that's what I've heard

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 10

“…God is fixing the issue not as a bandaid but as a cure…”

What’s the difference?
And if “he” is all-kind then why doesn’t “he” just “cure” us?
And what is this "cure"?

“…yes we are all are suffering
and the root cause of this is being dealt with….”

Don’t know what you mean. For example, if a defected gene is a root cause of a particular ...[text shortened]... d supposedly all kind “God” have to just allow child suffering that is NOT “by our own hands”?
God is a lot of things including just, why He does things I don't know, why He
does not do things I don't know. Ask God!
Kelly

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by 667joe
How can you believe in a god who inflicts pain and suffering and even death on innocent little children. If you believe in such a god, and you approve of such a god, then that means you approve of such suffering. In my mind, that does not cast a favorable light on god and his believers.
When did you see God inflicting pain and suffering on children?

AH

Moves
04 Sep 10

Kelly
“..God is a lot of things including just…”

Ok. I assume that means you believe God is “kind”? Please correct me if this is not true else the whole of this conversation is totally redundant:

“…why He does not do things I don't know…”

LoL.
Obviously, “don’t know” is a perfectly valid and fine answer to any question.
But, for this particular question, “don’t know” means you cannot explain why an all “kind” God (but DO you believe God is “kind”? please tell me now if you don’t! ) doesn’t stop child-suffering NOT caused by us rather than go for the most obvious logical conclusion that this “God” is either NOT kind or “He” is NOT all powerful although “he” can still be just one or the other without this conflicting with what we know happens in the real world.

“…Ask God!...”

How can I ask a question to a non-existing thing?
And, if you imply here that I DO have the power to “ask God” despite me being an atheist then surely, you being a theist, you will DEFINITELY be able to ask him!
So why don’t you do that? I mean, rather than say you don’t know the answer to the question, why don’t you just “ask God” and get the answer to the question of why he allows suffering of children NOT caused by us and then you can explain why in these forums making all the atheists here red-faced because you debunk our argument?
Surely it is because you can NOT “ask God”? so if not even you can “ask God” then why tell me to “ask God” when it is clear that you know I cannot?

F

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by josephw
When did you see God inflicting pain and suffering on children?
We are talking about children with cancer, don't we?

God has the power to cure the innocent children, but he choses not to. That's evil of him.

The design of the human body is flawed, because of cancer. Why did god create a faulty human body? That's evil of him.

But this you already know if you have read the thread from the beginning.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Sep 10

Kelly
So why did it take you so long to admit ignorance on the matter? Why did you keep pretending to have answered the question?

How would you know that God is just if you don't know why he does things? What does "just" mean to you?

F

Moves
04 Sep 10

Ask God!
I've tried that. He didn't answer.

I did try to ask the tooth ferrie too. She didn't asnwer either.

Perhaps of the same reason.

I

Moves
04 Sep 10

It is happening now due to our choices, but once God ends it, it is ended.
Kelly
Question:

If heaven is such a perfect place, why isn't everybody there already, and forever?

Why the whole terrestrial detour?

Why did a perfect God in a perfect place make an imperfect world as a kind of cosmic antechamber?