Moral Codes and Self-Centered Beliefs regarding Adherence

Moral Codes and Self-Centered Beliefs regarding Adherence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
I get you are not interested in following Christ by some of our other conversations.
I said that? Do you care to show where I said or implied that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I said that? Do you care to show where I said or implied that?
When you talk about there are people who are gong to be saved by doing good works that
do not belong to Jesus.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Sep 15

When you talk about there are people who are gong to be saved by doing good works that
do not belong to Jesus.
And you know who belongs to Jesus and who does not?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

And you know who belongs to Jesus and who does not?
Not personally, but I do know what Jesus said.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Sep 15

Not personally, but I do know what Jesus said.
Jesus said this about those who will be saved and get into his Kingdom, and these people DID NOT KNOW JESUS AT ALL :

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For
I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me:
I was sick, and ye visited me:
I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Mat 25:34-36)

But you say something else .. along the lines that these people are not saved becase they did not know Jesus.

You must be a greater authority then.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Jesus said this about those who will be saved and get into his Kingdom, and these people DID NOT KNOW JESUS AT ALL :

[i]Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For
I was thirsty, and ye gave me drin ...[text shortened]... se people are not saved becase they did not know Jesus.

You must be a greater authority then.
I've quoted Jesus to you, I've not denied what you post here as being true, but you do
deny what else Jesus had to say about those that follow Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Sep 15

I've quoted Jesus to you, I've not denied what you post here as being true, but you do
You are a comedian KJ. .. you are the one that denies things Christ said. Your doctrine is that you must 'know' Christ .. whatever that means. So far you cannot explain clearly what it means to 'know Christ' or to 'lift up Christ'.

By the way the passage you quoted Christ is referring to his death on the cross when he spoke of being lifted up, You now claim that you have to lift up Christ. .. saying in effect that you have to crucify Christ .. which is wrong.

Back to your question - I am the one that accepts that there are many many types of people that will enter Gods Kingdom and I have repeatedly said that the Bible supports this view. There are those that
- know of Christ death and resurrection like Christians
- dont know Christ but they do the good works which Christ outlined in Matt 25
Both types will be judged by Christ and rewarded accordingly like Matt 25 stated.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Are you mature enough to plainly state what you mean?
Certainly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 15
2 edits

You are a comedian KJ. .. you are the one that denies things Christ said. Your doctrine is that you must 'know' Christ .. whatever that means. So far you cannot explain clearly what it means to 'know Christ' or to 'lift up Christ'.

By the way the passage you quoted Christ is referring to his death on the cross when he spoke of being lifted up, You now c ...[text shortened]... in Matt 25
Both types will be judged by Christ and rewarded accordingly like Matt 25 stated.
I think my language is very plain, if you get to know someone you must meet them, you
must spend time with them, you find out who they are. How this escapes you I don't see
why? Jesus tells several depart from me I never knew you, so that I suggest to you is very
clear, that Jesus must be in their lives and if He is not, He never knew them.

Lifting Jesus up is the put Him above us, He is our sure foundation not our good works or
our efforts, if you don't see how placing Christ as the reason for God accepting us is very
important I doubt you grasp that it is because of Jesus' work not ours that God accepts us.
If it were just due to our good works, why would Jesus need to die and raise from the dead?

I've never denied what Jesus said, but you have when I and others have pointed out to
you that those that do not believe in the Son are condemned already, they are not there
getting right with God by their good works. Those that accept Jesus will do good works
that is not an issue, what is with the doctrine you preach is that you put good works above
Jesus.

There is no "like Christian" doctrine, you can throw out the word Christian as far as I'm
concern, what matters is Jesus Christ and you becoming His, and Him becoming your
Lord and savior.

If you die in your sins, your good works will be meaningless towards being forgiven.

F

Moves
09 Sep 15

If you die in your sins, your good works will be meaningless towards being forgiven.
Do you believe the "sins" you will commit in the future are already forgiven?

F

Moves
09 Sep 15
2 edits

If Jesus said this:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For
I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me:
I was sick, and ye visited me:
I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

And also said that:

No one comes to the Father except through me

Might not going through Him mean 'do what he asks you to do' i.e. the stuff in bold above. These are things Jesus said. "Following" Him surely could mean leading the kind of life and doing the things he said people should. The stuff about having to have "faith" could simply be another route to "salvation" and was written ~ or perhaps added ~ by early Christian church technocrats, often decades later, when they wanted to consolidate 'thought' and 'ideology' to the things they exerted control over and not leave it all to individuals simply conducting their lives in the morally sound way that Jesus (and others) promoted?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Sep 15

I think my language is very plain, if you get to know someone you must meet them, you
must spend time with them, you find out who they are. How this escapes you I don't see
why? Jesus tells several depart from me I never knew you, so that I suggest to you is very
clear, that Jesus must be in their lives and if He is not, He never knew them.

Lifting Je ...[text shortened]... savior.

You keep posting your opinion. Here is what the Bible says:

1. What it means to know Christ:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1Jn 2:3-5)

You say something else .. stuff about
- meet them,
- get to know them,
- spend time with them,
- find out who they are

Please quote the Bible where it says that is what it means to know Christ .. thank you. Actually forget it. Dont waste your time. The bible says no such thing.

So here is the truth - THOSE WHO FOLLOW CHRIST'S COMMANDMENTS KNOW CHRIST.

2. The Bible says nothing about us having to lift up Christ. That is another fabricated doctrine from YOUR church. Christ lifting up means his death on the cross. Your version of 'lifting up' is not in the Bible.

3. God hates mouth worship and hypocrisy, You are promoting that and condemning good works and good deeds. Here is what Christ said:

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (Joh 14:21)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 15

You keep posting your opinion. Here is what the Bible says:

1. What it means to know Christ:

And hereby [b]we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby ...[text shortened]... e loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (Joh 14:21) [/b]
Difficult to know anyone you reject or don't know, yet according to you can be saved by
doing good works.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
09 Sep 15

Difficult to know anyone you reject or don't know, yet according to you can be saved by
doing good works.
Not according to him - according to the Bible! Remember the verses he quoted? What do they say to you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Sep 15

Originally posted by CalJust
Not according to him - according to the Bible! Remember the verses he quoted? What do they say to you?
I thought you gave up talking to me?