Name that scripture

Name that scripture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Are you saying that a person's actions and words don't matter?

You can call yourself a Christian, then just do and say whatever you want?
No.

I was responding to your belief in perfection here on earth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Maybe you're right, but my 'flesh' is certainly getting in the way.
Well you are not alone there, but the Spirit of God is greater than even your flesh and the world.

T

Moves
07 Jul 17

I have hesitated to call myself a Christian. The primary reason is because I would consider myself to be a terrible example of what a Christian should be.

But I'm workin' on it.
Why would you hesitate? The bar's not set all that high. You're probably not half as bad as most Christians. It's a religion of the self-centered, by the self-centered, for the self-centered. It's antithetical to the gospel according to Jesus.

c

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Why would you hesitate? The bar's not set all that high. You're probably not half as bad as most Christians. It's a religion of the self-centered, by the self-centered, for the self-centered. It's antithetical to the gospel according to Jesus.
Jesus deserves better.

c

Moves
07 Jul 17

Jesus deserves better.
Dive could learn a valuable lesson from this statement.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

They're all Christian all right. They're just not true disciples of Jesus.
Is Rajk your prophet?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

Maybe you're right, but my 'flesh' is certainly getting in the way.
And you know what the answer to that is, don't you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

Good thing *you* don't have a religion, then, despite all your preaching here, eh?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

Dive could learn a valuable lesson from this statement.
So could you.

c

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
And you know what the answer to that is, don't you?
No I don't supergirl.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Jesus deserves better.
None of us are good enough, none of us ever will be on our own. Jesus came to save
sinners, not those good enough. You want better go to Him, give Him the ashes of your life
He will give you something so much better. From the time He meets on He will make
you better.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

No I don't supergirl.
You do know who has the answer, yes?

Then ask him for help. He will lift you up. Have a little faith. Just a little is all you need, but it must be sincere. Start by asking him to help you see the truth. Then ask him for the strength to make it happen. This is why he made the sacrifice for you. He's waiting for you to ask if he's willing to help you. 🙂

But please, show him the respect to not come asking in a half-assed way. He knows your heart and can see right through you. If you do not ask from the heart, about all you'll get back is the sound of crickets. This is what I meant when I said that YOU have to want it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Amen!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
You do know who has the answer, yes?

Then ask him for help. He will lift you up. Have a little faith. Just a little is all you need, but it must be sincere. Start by asking him to help you see the truth. Then ask him for the strength to make it happen. This is why he made the sacrifice for you. He's waiting for you to ask if he's willing to ...[text shortened]... l get back is the sound of crickets. This is what I meant when I said that YOU have to want it.
🙂 Amen

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
🙂 Amen
Thank you, KJ.

I know you and I go round and round about some aspects of Christianity, but it always comes back to Jesus and his redemptive sacrifice on the cross. I never forget that.

There are some in this forum that I wonder if Jesus is really in them, but I know he abides in you. Even if sometimes you appear a little misguided. 😀 (C'mon, that was a joke!)