1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The people you mention in 2 Peter were never saved in the first place. They infiltrated the Church, and became influential members of it, but never really made a heart commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and never became saved.
    This is much easier to see when 2 Peter 2 is read in light of the Book of Jude, which covers much of the same material.
    This no ...[text shortened]... r in Jude, which says that these people “crept in unnoticed,” were “ungodly,” and denied Christ.
    Nice try smarty but. Peter cannot be read in the light of Jude. Where did you get that. Jude is Jude. Peter is Peter.

Peter said they escaped the pollution of the world. That is what saved means. They were brought out of their sinful life by Christ. They were saved Christians or born again Christians, they are believers. Who are you to say they are not all those things?

Here it is again :

A sorer punishment, worse than death awaits Christians who are given everything but turn away from the truth.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
    there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation,
    which shall devour the adversaries.
    He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
    who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,
    and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
    wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing,
    and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)

So Mr Maturity in the long pants .. what say you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nice try smarty but. Peter cannot be read in the light of Jude. Where did you get that. Jude is Jude. Peter is Peter.

Peter said they escaped the pollution of the world. That is what saved means. They were brought out of their sinful life by Christ. They were saved Christians or born again Christians, they are believers. Who are you to say they are not al ...[text shortened]... irit of grace?
    (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)[/i]

So Mr Maturity in the long pants .. what say you.
    I'm not even going to try. No matter what I say, you will just soil your diapers again. You are not humble enough to search this out on your own. You say you love God but won't go the extra mile to read commentaries from scholars, nor lift a finger and do some deep study.
    If you want to know some in depth things about God and His word, you have to work, instead of wearing out your favorite passages and telling us all we are all going to hell.
    Work on this and see if you can figure out the meaning...
    Prov 25:2

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
    But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
    NKJV
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 00:57
    I'm not even going to try. No matter what I say, you will just soil your diapers again. You are not humble enough to search this out on your own. You say you love God but won't go the extra mile to read commentaries from scholars, nor lift a finger and do some deep study.
    If you want to know some in depth things about God and His word, you have to work, ...[text shortened]... glory of God to conceal a matter,
    But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
    NKJV
    [/b]
    Oh .. got it. Mature Christians like you form your own opinions and listen to 'scholars', and other 'teachers', which causes you to go astray, while babies like me read the bible and listen to Christ and the Apostles.. that is called soiling my diapers. Thank you for your deep insight.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 01:122 edits
    Oh .. got it. Mature Christians like you form your own opinions and listen to 'scholars', and other 'teachers', which causes you to go astray, while babies like me read the bible and listen to Christ and the Apostles.. that is called soiling my diapers. Thank you for your deep insight.
    What's interesting is that the only way that they can prop up their beliefs seems to be by taking verses out of context from disparate sources and cobbling them together. It's the same way the KKK props up their beliefs. They can't seem to be able to see the fallacy in that approach.

Reading verses in the context in which they were written is anathema to them. If they were to do that, they wouldn't be able to make scripture say what they want it to say.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 10:19
    What a pair you two make. The blind leading the blind, Pete and RePete. You say a lot about nothing and then compliment each other and yourselves.
    You are an Odd Couple indeed! Just trying to figure out who is Oscar and who is Felix.
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 11:02
    I don't know but if you get a TBI you quite possibly won't be accepted by Christians or as one because of your medical condition until it improves. And I'm yet to see Jesus cure a missing limb or TBI.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 12:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What's interesting is that the only way that they can prop up their beliefs seems to be by taking verses out of context from disparate sources and cobbling them together. It's the same way the KKK props up their beliefs. They can't seem to be able to see the fallacy in that approach.

Reading verses in the context in which they were written is anathema ...[text shortened]... . If they were to do that, they wouldn't be able to make scripture say what they want it to say.
    You are correct here. These jokers will never learn.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 13:031 edit
    What a pair you two make. The blind leading the blind, Pete and RePete. You say a lot about nothing and then compliment each other and yourselves.
    You are an Odd Couple indeed! Just trying to figure out who is Oscar and who is Felix.
    You can keep that nonsense to youself. If you want we can talk about what the Bible says. Thats all that matters in the end. Why? Many church doctrines are corrupted and flawed with mans interpretation, and you are a prime example of a Christian who has gone astray by listening church nonsense.

There are just a handful of people here who speak from the Bible and you are not one of them. All you bring here is church doctrine foolishness which we all know already. Even though I disagree with some of what sonship says I have a greater respect for his opinions because some of what he says is supported in the bible.

You .. you are a lost soul fighting to find proof for your delusion that you have safety and security with Christ to whom it appears pay lip service to. No mouth worshiper can have security in Christ. Let me know if you want the reference for where Christ said that.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:092 edits
    No mouth worshiper can have security in Christ. Let me know if you want the reference for where Christ said that.

"For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:37)

What comes out of our mouth matters to God.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:12
    Originally posted by sonship
    No mouth worshiper can have security in Christ. Let me know if you want the reference for where Christ said that.

[b] "For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:37)

What comes out of our mouth matters to God.[/b]
    Does that include you calling another Christian stupid?

Does that matter to God?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 19:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    God will decide who are true Christians, not us.

I believe those who called out lord, lord actually believe themselves to be Christians.
    No, I'm pretty sure he will consult Raj before he makes his decisions.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 00:18
    God will decide who are true Christians, not us.

I believe those who called out lord, lord actually believe themselves to be Christians.
    Do you think that only happens on judgment day or here in this life?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 00:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think that only happens on judgment day or here in this life?
    On judgement day alone.

We do not know the future. We can be confident that we are on the correct road, but we do not know that for sure. Even if we are on the right road, no one knows the future.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, I'm pretty sure he will consult Raj before he makes his decisions.
    Nah he will consult the books. Here it is :

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God;
    and the books were opened: and another book was opened,
    which is the book of life
    : and the dead were judged out of those things
    which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
    and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:
    and they were judged every man according to their works.
    (Revelation 20:12-13 KJV)

Read it .. every man .. Christian and non Christian
    Judged how ? According to their works ..
    EVERY MAN

So try to resist the temptation to boast that you are a filthy sinner.
    Jesus wants you to repent and to change from being a sinner to being righteous.

How long will you continue to boast of your sins... you have been doing that over 10 yrs now.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 00:59
    On judgement day alone.

We do not know the future. We can be confident that we are on the correct road, but we do not know that for sure. Even if we are on the right road, no one knows the future.

[b]
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
    [/b]
    I agree with what you said, but doesn't God give us something to know Him, and learn of
    Him, allowing us to follow Him in a way that isn't known to the world?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree