New world!!!!

New world!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
My question is just exactly how is it going to get better and who is going to make this happen? What human or even a group of humans are going to get this done?
The ones ones who are working on it as we speak, in their every which way.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jul 12

Read my post..

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

Read my post..
Repost it here.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Repost it here.
Read my post..

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

Read my post..
You've posted at RHP somewhere in the region of 4,700 times. A high proportion of those posts have claimed that the 'end times' are near or that the 'end is nigh' or some such. A fair few of them have made claims about the end times having started in 1914. If you have posted somewhere [out of those 4,700] that the 'end times' are not nigh, please repost it here.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You've posted at RHP somewhere in the region of 4,700 times. A high proportion of those posts have claimed that the 'end times' are near or that the 'end is nigh' or some such. A fair few of them have made claims about the end times having started in 1914. If you have posted somewhere [out of those 4,700] that the 'end times' are [b]not nigh, please repost it here.[/b]
I'll repeat this to you ONE more time. So read this slowly and clearly.
I have reposted and re explained this and many other issues to you over and over and over. You either don't read them or you just don't get it.
So no matter what I post to you it always ends up the same with circular after circular questioning that are not designed to really get an answer.
You have proved over and over you don't want my answers, but in so many words be a pest about anything I post.
I know you don't like the JW's and that is your problem, not mine.
So if you want to know what postings I'm referring to, find them yourself..............

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

I have reposted and re explained this and many other issues to you over and over and over. You either don't read them or you just don't get it.
So no matter what I post to you it always ends up the same with circular after circular questioning that are not designed to really get ...[text shortened]...
So if you want to know what postings I'm referring to, find them yourself..............
Are the 'end times' almost here or not?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Jul 12

So no matter what I post to you it always ends up the same with circular after circular questioning that are not designed to really get ...[text shortened]...
so which is it? are the end time here, did the end times already happen or will the end times happen in some undisclosed future time? or some mental gymnastics maybe? come one, come clean.

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

So it's getting better? My question is just exactly how is it going to get better ... ?
Health indicators will continue to improve. Infrastructure will continue to spread. Preventative health care will increasingly embrace the poor and the marginalized. Infant mortality will continue to fall. Literacy will increase. Access to education will become a reality for more and more people.

Tricky issues like water supply and food security will be addressed with determination and, in part, by framing these issues in terms of the rights of citizens rather than just the rights of those who happen to control them.

Democracy will increasingly replace authoritarianism as it has been for 20 years. Rule of law will continue to grow and spread. Human rights will continue to spread and get more and more legal traction. Fighting discrimination will continue to make its way up the political agendas around the world. Civil society will continue to get stronger [as it has, dramatically, in the last few decades] as ordinary people are increasingly empowered to participate in decision making about social and economic issues around them. etc. etc.

You ask who is going to make this happen and "what human or even a group of humans are going to get this done?". Well, the same people who have affected so much change for the better in the last half century or so, and then their children and their grandchildren.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Health indicators will continue to improve. Infrastructure will continue to spread. Preventative health care will increasingly embrace the poor and the marginalized. Infant mortality will continue to fall. Literacy will increase. Access to education will become a reality for more and more people.

Tricky issues like water supply and food security will be addr ...[text shortened]... or the better in the last half century or so, and then their children and their grandchildren.
...or you can hope and pray for the end of the world to hurry up and arrive already.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
05 Jul 12

Actually main stream Christianity does not teach this. They pretty much believe in just going to heaven and not so much living here on earth.
This is where you are wrong. Main stream or classic Christianity believes in a returning savior. Who has already paid for all sin. Who will return and rule the earth for a 1000 years. (Well there are different lines of eschatology that disagree slightly) So once again you are not dissolutely correct. However it is also Christians duty to live a life in service to God while living on this earth.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
This is where you are wrong. Main stream or classic Christianity believes in a returning savior. Who has already paid for all sin. Who will return and rule the earth for a 1000 years. (Well there are different lines of eschatology that disagree slightly) So once again you are not dissolutely correct. However it is also Christians duty to live a life in service to God while living on this earth.

Manny
Not from what I've always heard. But going with this where are you thinking you will be let's say if you die and are resurrected Do you go to heaven or stay here on earth?
Because all I ever hear in responce to most Christians is they will go to heaven.

F

Moves
05 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
...or you can hope and pray for the end of the world to hurry up and arrive already.
To be fair, I think he means the 'world will end' for the like of you and me, i.e. non-JWs.

What he sees for himself as a JW is a situation where peace and security will prevail because all wars will have been ended supernaturally; there will be ample food for all but not because of the type of ingenious efforts that humans have been making in this area to date, but because of some sort of supernatural intervention; health care will not be an issue because “no resident will say ‘I am sick’”; grieving will not be necessary, for “death will be no more”; and people will build their own houses, live in security, and “be joyful forever”because a supernatural being will see to it.

Furthermore, we are told all this is apparently so 'obviously' going to happen that we therefore are"blind" and "fools" to not agree that these things will definitely take place.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF

Tricky issues like water supply and food security will be addr ...[text shortened]... or the better in the last half century or so, and then their children and their grandchildren.
So how will man stop greed and the love of money that causes so many problems?

F

Moves
05 Jul 12

So how will man stop greed and the love of money that causes so many problems?
I don't suppose they'll ever go away altogether. I don't even know to what degree they will continue to fluctuate. But this uncertainty does not require me to embrace your end times doomsday stuff or your vision of a supernatural neo-communist utopia.