1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 12:43
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Concerning Christ being the Son of God, the Lord and Savior, I think the heart of the believer has been softened.

The question is is that ALL the softening they need?
    Is it only God's purpose that people believe in the Son of God ?
    Does He want nothing ELSE of the heart of people.

When it says Christ make home in our hearts it certainly implies d ...[text shortened]... er than the unbeliever. But the softening of the heart must go on.

Do you understand me now?
    You are writing a lot, thus hiding the answer I want.
    Do christians have softer hearts and non-christians have harder hearts? Yes or no is sufficient.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 13:055 edits
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Do christians have softer hearts and non-christians have harder hearts? Yes or no is sufficient.

Get use to me writing sometimes in a preemptive manner.
    I anticipate further problems you will have if I DO give a simple Yes or No.
    I gave you my answer at the end.

The Christian's heart towards the initial matter of Christ being Lord and Savior is softer than the unbeliever. But the softening of the heart must go on.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 13:56
    Originally posted by @sonship

Get use to me writing sometimes in a preemptive manner.
    I anticipate further problems you will have if I DO give a simple Yes or No.
    I gave you my answer at the end.

The Chr ...[text shortened]... and Savior is softer than the unbeliever. But the softening of the heart must go on.
    So your answer is 'yes', right? Okay. A simple yes would be sufficient.
    What about the same question, now about jews? Are they hardhearted too? 'Yes' or 'No'?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 18:55
    Towards God, yes.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 04:40
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Towards God, yes.
    Meaning, in general, no?
    And with that I fully agree!
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 06:26
    Meaning, in general, no?
    And with that I fully agree!
    Non believers have a 'harder heart' towards God than believers for obvious reasons.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 06:31
    Non believers have a 'harder heart' towards God than believers for obvious reasons.
    Do you think also jews has a harder heart than christians?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 10:581 edit
    So your answer is 'yes', right? Okay. A simple yes would be sufficient.
    What about the same question, now about jews? Are they hardhearted too? 'Yes' or 'No'?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry but I don't see a lot of profit in this line of back and forth.
    My interest would be to talk about a softened and turned heart towards Christ, regardless of who you are.

Stats and degrees on whose hearts are hard and by how much, is not that important to me.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 13:35
    'Good' or 'better' according to whose standard? According to the Bible only God is good.
    Do you believe that no human has ever been good or done something good? If you believe that some humans are good, how does that square with your notion that "only God is good"?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 18:27
    Do you think also jews has a harder heart than christians?
    Towards the God portrayed in the New Testament, yes.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 18:29
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you believe that no human has ever been good or done something good? If you believe that some humans are good, how does that square with your notion that "only God is good"?
    It depends whose standard of 'good' you use. According to the Bible only God is good. God uses some humans to do His good works.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 01:261 edit
    It depends whose standard of 'good' you use. According to the Bible only God is good. God uses some humans to do His good works.
    So does this mean you don't believe that any human has ever been good and you don't believe that any human has ever done anything good except when they were somehow being used by your god figure?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 03:55
    So does this mean you don't believe that any human has ever been good and you don't believe that any human has ever done anything good except when they were somehow being used by your god figure?
    I believe every human is created in the image of God, and any bit of goodness we may have comes from Him. God alone is inherently good.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 04:13
    I believe every human is created in the image of God, and any bit of goodness we may have comes from Him. God alone is inherently good.
    So you believe there are good people and that there are people who do good things, then?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 04:20
    So you believe there are good people and that there are people who do good things, then?
    No person is inherently good. Everyone has done something bad, i.e (sinned) so therefore can you really say they are good? Do good people do bad things?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree