Obedience vs Disobedience

Obedience vs Disobedience

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Well, we have already discussed this before. You know what my take is on it. If recourse to some kind of supernatural narrative gives you a sense of what is good and evil, then good for you. You're entitled to your personal opinion that that is the way it should be.
The point you seem to be missing is that good and evil have to be separate entities for the words to make sense. Else you can call something good that someone else calls evil and it's all totally meaningless.

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

This sidesteps what I have put to and asked you. They are Muslims and already have a god figure. Why would they be seeking the god figure that you just so happen to believe in?
There a plenty of testimonies online of Jesus appearing to people of different religions in visions. This is not something I made up.

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
There a plenty of testimonies online of Jesus appearing to people of different religions in visions. This is not something I made up.
The people I am talking about already have a god figure. Why would they be seeking yours?

Moves
24 Aug 17

The people I am talking about already have a god figure. Why would they be seeking yours?
Why don't you ask them? Maybe they are not satisfied with theirs?

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

The point you seem to be missing is that good and evil have to be separate entities for the words to make sense.
But they aren't "entities"

Moves
24 Aug 17

But they aren't "entities"
What are they then? Only subjective opinions?

F

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

Why don't you ask them? Maybe they are not satisfied with theirs?
Because my question is for you not for them. Assuming they are satisfied with their religious life, why would they be seeking to adopt your religion?

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

What are they then? Only subjective opinions?
Your thoughts on good and "evil" are only subjective opinions. You arrived at them by way of some superstitious conjecture that appeals to your imagination. It doesn't make them "entities".

Moves
24 Aug 17

Because my question is for you not for them. Assuming they are satisfied with their religious life, why would they seeking to adopt your religion?
Assuming they are not satisfied with their religious life, they could be searching for something else, no?

Moves
24 Aug 17

Your thoughts on good and "evil" are only subjective opinions. You arrived at them by way of some superstitious conjecture that appeals to your imagination. It doesn't make them "entities".
So is rape subjectively or objectively evil?

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

Assuming they are not satisfied with their religious life, they could be searching for something else, no?
You believe that this is your god figure's approach to the billions of people who are not Christians? You believe he is interested in those who are "not satisfied" but in the meantime makes them run orphanages in the names of other religions, before, possibly, torturing them for eternity. It sounds rather convoluted but in a shaky way.

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

So is rape subjectively or objectively evil?
Go back and take a look at where we discussed this in detail before. And if you are going to start talking about torturing babies, I suggest you do the same.

Moves
24 Aug 17

You believe that this is your god figure's approach to the billions of people who are not Christians? You believe he is interested in those who are "not satisfied" but in the meantime makes them run orphanages in the names of other religions, before, possibly, torturing them for eternity. It sounds rather convoluted but in a shaky way.
No He is interested in saving everyone who is willing. I said people who are not satisfied with their own religion may seek something else, and that was in response to a different question.

Moves
24 Aug 17

Go back and take a look at where we discussed this in detail before. And if you are going to start talking about torturing babies, I suggest you do the same.
Rape is objectively wrong, as I'm sure you know, but won't admit.

F

Moves
24 Aug 17

No He is interested in saving everyone who is willing. I said people who are not satisfied with their own religion may seek something else, and that was in response to a different question.
But why would people who are satisfied with their god figure seek or need to be willing to adopt your god figure? Your analysis of the Muslims who run an orphanage down my street is bizarre.