Please pray for this family....

Please pray for this family....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have posted on this thread numerous times. No need for you to make up stuff and attribute it to me. I never suggested that galveston75 "was not concerned", as you well know robbie. I simply objected his self-regarding superstitious hokum about how prayers have been proven to "work". They have not. And with that claim he was seeking to make this thread, in part ...[text shortened]... rvene. As I say, my posts are there. No need for you to attribute to me stuff I did not say.
Your position is to call into question the motivation of the threads proposer which in the
analogy given highlights just how callous your stance has been, for reasons, known
only to yourself.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Within the context of 'Galveston's motivation to request prayer' theme in this thread, it is interesting that the victim is now revealled to be a JW. It's a valid point.
you haven't said why its a valid point, have you, nor what it validates, have you.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Your position is to call into question the motivation of the threads proposer which in the
analogy given highlights just how callous your stance has been, for reasons, known
only to yourself.
Not for reasons known only to myself, robbie. For reasons that I have explained over and over and over again, clearly and forthrightly. Your analogy is an off target straw man.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Not for reasons known only to myself, robbie. For reasons that I have explained over and over and over again, clearly and forthrightly. Your analogy is an off target straw man.
My analogy perfectly highlights your cynical and callous sentiments and remarks, you
live with it, your reasons are as usual, unsubstantiated, the product of a meanness and
self centred approach to spirituality which cannot for the life of itself attribute pure
motives to others, that is what they amount to. That is what you amount to.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

My analogy perfectly highlights your cynical and callous sentiments and remarks, you
live with it, your reasons are as usual, unsubstantiated, the product of a meanness and
self centred approach to spirituality which cannot for the life of itself attribute pure
motives to others, that is what they amount to.
My reasons are not "unsubstantiated" at all. I have been clear. I objected to his self-regarding superstitious hokum about how prayers have been "proven to work". With that claim, he was seeking to make this thread about the alleged nature of his own access to God (in poor taste, at that particular juncture), about promoting his religionist agenda (in poor taste, in the circumstances), and therefore about himself as much as it was about anything else. That he was "not concerned" was not something I said or suggested; it is something you have attributed to me by way of your straw man "analogy".

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

here are your words, eat them fatboy,

[b]And world peace, don't forget world peace - googlefudge

In direct response to Proper Knobs contention that he should pray for cancer victims?

would you like condiments with your words?[/b]
Originally posted by Proper Knob
[quote]Originally posted by boonon
I have included this girl in my prayers Galveston.

I believe in prayer and I know it works. I had a prayer answered the other day, praise God.

I cannot explain why some prayers are answered and some seemingly are not, but I don't think it's up to us to try to explain how God works. How can we?

Trying to explain prayer to unbelievers is useless anyho ...[text shortened]... elieve in prayer why waste their time on us 'believers'??

God Bless and keep praying..

I believe in prayer and I know it works. I had a prayer answered the other day, praise God.

Next time you pray, could you please ask for a cure for cancer.[/quote]

Originally posted by GoogleFudge
[quote]Originally posted by Proper Knob

Next time you pray, could you please ask for a cure for cancer.

And world peace, don't forget world peace.[/quote]

I was responding to Proper Knob's response to boonon who claimed that he had had a prayer answered just the other day which prompted the reasonable response that if you really can have prayers answered here are some things you really aught to pray for.

This was absolutely NOT a response given to G75 in response to him asking for prayers for the missing woman.

You're wrong.

I'm right, and I sodding well knew that before I posted as you should have known when I told you to reread the thread because I had just done it.

You are renowned on this site for lying and distorting peoples words.

So people WILL check what you say and you WILL get caught.

You're caught now.

Apologies.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Oct 12

motives to others, that is what they amount to. That is what you amount to.
2 Timothy 3:1-3
Good News Translation (GNT)

The Last Days

3 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and (conceited); they will be (insulting), disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and (irreligious), 3 they will be (unkind), (merciless), slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good;

A couple of these guys are fulfilling prophecy as they speak with no reguards to the sadness of this day for her family and friends. Instead they want to argue and spout off with stupidity. They do not know Jehovah at all and are only concerned with their own opinions.
I am done with this thread and with this lack of love that is beyond belief, but then the Bible is dead on with this attitude of the last days. Thank goodness there are still plenty of humans that have not forgotten they way a human should act in such a sad time.
I'll be in touch Robbie as the news comes in the next few days.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
[quote]Originally posted by Proper Knob
[quote]Originally posted by [b]boonon

I have included this girl in my prayers Galveston.

I cannot explain why some prayers are answered and some seemingly are not, but I don't think it's up to us to people WILL check what you say and you WILL get caught.

Your caught now.

Apologies.[/b]
No the statement stands, no apology shall be forth coming. Your comment was
included not because you do not believe in the power of prayer, which you don't, but in
respect to the perceived wisdom or gravity of praying for a single individual, which you
mock by comparison to the quest for world peace, again, no apology will be
forthcoming.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by galveston75
2 Timothy 3:1-3
Good News Translation (GNT)

The Last Days

3 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and (conceited); they will be (insulting), disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and (irreligious), 3 they will be (unkind), (merciless), slanderers, violent, and ...[text shortened]... ould act in such a sad time.
I'll be in touch Robbie as the news comes in the next few days.
sure thing, I too was somewhat taken aback, i guess the internet really does expose
the way people really feel, oh well.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I am done with this thread and with this lack of love that is beyond belief, but then the Bible is dead on with this attitude of the last days. Thank goodness there are still plenty of humans that have not forgotten they way a human should act in such a sad time.
This is a bit rich coming from you galveston75 when so many of your posts and OPs contain so much dreary, self-obsessed, pessimistic contempt for your fellow human beings, alongside your gloomy predictions about the end being nigh, "the last days" etc. etc. ad nauseam. I'm sorry for the horror that your son is facing as a result of what happened to his friend - who wouldn't be? - and I hope you are able to console him as he grieves. Perhaps in future when you deliver your condemnations and denunciations of whole swathes of humanity, and dismiss people who disagree with you as 'doing Satan's work', you will remember that everyone among them is someone's son or daughter.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

Your comment was included not because you do not believe in the power of prayer...
When it comes to requesting intervention by "God", there is no "power of prayer", robbie. There never has been, and there's no reason to believe there ever will be, and neither you nor galveston75 has any proof that there is.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
When it comes to requesting intervention by "God", there is no "power of prayer", robbie. There never has been, and there's no reason to believe there ever will be, and neither you nor galveston75 has any proof that there is.
You fail Gerald, the power of prayer is universally understood to be of immense
importance to Christians, the fact that you have no knowledge of such or do not
acknowledge it as having any potency has no meaning to anyone but you. The life
blood of every relationship is communication, and prayer is a way for the Christian to
cement his or her relationship to God, it has helped countless individuals endure all
manner of adversity and here you are, from the zenith of your self built egocentric
edifice pontificating from your hollow throne that it has no power, neeeeeeext.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

You fail Gerald, the power of prayer is universally understood to be of immense
importance to Christians, the fact that you have no knowledge of such or do not
acknowledge it as having any potency has no meaning to anyone but you. The life
blood of every relationship is communication, and prayer is a way for the Christian to
cement his or he ...[text shortened]... ilt egocentric
edifice pontificating from your hollow throne that it has no power, neeeeeeext.
I didn't say that anything about it being or not being "understood to be of immense importance to Christians", as you well know, robbie, nor about its psychosomatic or placebo effects. I said that it does not have the "power" to summon intervention from "God". Why do you have to put your own words in people's mouths all the time?

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I didn't say that anything about it being or not being "understood to be of immense importance to Christians", as you well know, robbie, nor about its psychosomatic or placebo effects. I said that it does not have the "power" to summon intervention from "God". Why do you have to put your own words in people's mouths all the time?
I see, what evidence do you have that it, does not have the power to summon
intervention from God? Clearly Jesus felt the need for prayer, perhaps you are more
knowledgeable in these matters than the son of God?

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

I see, what evidence do you have that it, does not have the power to summon intervention from God?
There have been no instances of it.