Please pray for this family....

Please pray for this family....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
The body of Whitney Heichel, the Jehovah's Witness who went missing on Tuesday, has been found and a murder suspect arrested.
I must have missed that the victim was a Jehovah's Witness; interesting.

Although I've not read every post in this thread.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
when you say petition, does this mean quantity of prayer carries more weight with god than an individual prayer? was galveston trying to increase the amount of people praying to increase the chance of prayers being answered?
I am not sure that amount of prayer increases the chance of it being answered, its
simply a request, or petition to God which demonstrates the gravity of the matter I
suppose. There are Biblical examples of the congregation praying for Peter when he
was incarcerated by Herod.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I must have missed that the victim was a Jehovah's Witness; interesting.

Although I've not read every post in this thread.
which is significant, why? interesting, why?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Oct 12

http://www.kgw.com/news/Missing-Gresham-womans-SUV-found-in-Wood-Village-174492781.html

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
2 edits

I remember the Dunblane massacre of innocent children. I was working in a house
at the time, a child minder, was crying. when i asked her why she was crying she
related the details of the Dunblane massacre. such was her compassion, such was
her fellow feeling that she was moved to tears for the mothers of those victims and
their families, according to the testimony given in this thread and i will name the
individuals, i should have according to,

1. FMF, construed that she was not concerned in the least and that her tears were
simply a self glorifying attempt to bring attention to herself

2.wolfgang59, that she should not have concerned herself at all with the details and
instead, worried about political prisoners elsewhere and petitioned her local M.P.

3. Proper Knob, have counselled her to refrain from crying because there are far
more cancer victims to worry about and this matter was insignificant by comparison,

4. Googlefudge, that she should refrain from crying and devote herself to the
acquisition of world peace,

5. That it is interesting and significant that one of the victims was a Jehovahs witness
as was the women herself.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
at the time, a child minder, was crying. when i asked her why she was crying she
her fellow feeling that she was moved to tears for the mothers of those victims and
their families, ...[text shortened]... sting and significant that one of the victims was a Jehovahs witness
Morning Robbie. I guess the worst fears has happened. I'll let you know what we hear as the day goes on.
Cynde and myself were just up very near that location where they found her, a couple weeks ago. There was a forest fire in that area so the main road has been closed to traffic and I guess the guy knew that and decided to take her up there.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Why should we pray for someone because
an RHP member's son knows their family?

Unbelievable!

If you believe in prayer pray for all those
in need.
Why you conclude galveston75 suggests that one should pray for the girl because his son knows her family?

The way I see it, is that suddenly he heard of this incident and that he included the girl in his prays. Shocked, due to the fact that the girl was close to his son and thus to his family, he asked the RHP community to pray for this family. Methinks this is only natural.

My metta to the family of the girl.
I am very sorry to hear this outcome; I send metta to every family that suffers of such a loss regardless of the religion of its members.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

their families, ...[text shortened]... sting and significant that one of the victims was a Jehovahs witness
I can't remember making any comment here on the Dunblane massacre, robbie. It happened about a decade before I joined RHP. Do you have anything other than this rather overwrought straw man to offer?

Moves
20 Oct 12

Oh good you are lying again.

I said nothing of the sort as well you know you lying little scumbag.

I said very clearly that I took issue with the praying which is idiotic and pointless
and emphatically didn't criticize or object to expressing compassion or empathy and
indeed supported such acts.

I am not going to let you distort my words and meanings to make me and what I have
said out to be something it is not. And the same applies for what you say about everyone
else.

You can damn well apologies for your stinking lies and distortions.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I can't remember making any comment here on the Dunblane massacre, robbie. It happened about a decade before I joined RHP. Do you have anything other than this rather overwrought straw man to offer?
its an analogy Gerald Gorilla, simply meant to highlight your response to this thread, of
which you have commented, extensively on the motivation of the threads proposer. Do
you have anything to offer except your obligatory trolling?

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Oh good you are lying again.

I said nothing of the sort as well you know you lying little scumbag.

I said very clearly that I took issue with the praying which is idiotic and pointless
and emphatically didn't criticize or object to expressing compassion or empathy and
indeed supported such acts.

I am not going to let you distort my words and ...[text shortened]... y about everyone
else.

You can damn well apologies for your stinking lies and distortions.
then perhaps you will explain why the Gman should have prayed for world peace instead? You did say that, did you not? I will issue no apology on your behalf.

Moves
20 Oct 12

then perhaps you will explain why the Gman should have prayed for world peace instead? You did say that, did you not?
Nope I really did not.

Go back read the thread and all my posts in it then apologies.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Nope I really did not.

Go back read the thread and all my posts in it then apologies.
here are your words, eat them fatboy,

And world peace, don't forget world peace - googlefudge

In direct response to Proper Knobs contention that he should pray for cancer victims?

would you like condiments with your words?

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

its an analogy Gerald Gorilla, simply meant to highlight your response to this thread, of
which you have commented, extensively on the motivation of the threads proposer. Do
you have anything to offer except your obligatory trolling?
I have posted on this thread numerous times. No need for you to make up stuff and attribute it to me. I never suggested that galveston75 "was not concerned", as you well know robbie. I simply objected his self-regarding superstitious hokum about how prayers have been proven to "work". They have not. And with that claim he was seeking to make this thread, in part, about him and his personal ability to persuade God to intervene. As I say, my posts are there. No need for you to attribute to me stuff I did not say.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Oct 12

which is significant, why? interesting, why?
Within the context of 'Galveston's motivation to request prayer' theme in this thread, it is interesting that the victim is now revealled to be a JW. It's a valid point.