Please pray for this family....

Please pray for this family....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
There have been no instances of it.
Clearly the Biblical record states otherwise and I am sure there are not a few
Christians who have felt that their prayers have been answered in some way or
another. So you have no evidence, other than, because you say it does not happen,
many thanks.

Moves
20 Oct 12

the thing that p***es me off most about all this sanctimonious crap about praying to save somebodies life. is if robbie, galv, google and fmf were there when it happend. robbie and galv would stand and pray and google and fmf would risk there lives and fight the guy. when it comes to the crunch - who is it that really cares?

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
another. So you have no evidence, other than, because you say it does not happen,
many thanks.
I am fully aware of Christian folklore and mythology. If you can present a few examples of divine or supernatural intervention that have occurred and been documented objectively in, say, the last few years, I would consider them. But you don't. And you can't.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the thing that p***es me off most about all this sanctimonious crap about praying to save somebodies life. is if robbie, galv, google and fmf were there when it happend. robbie and galv would stand and pray and google and fmf would risk there lives and fight the guy. when it comes to the crunch - who is it that really cares?
spank yourself across the face and then tell yourself that you did it out of love.

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am fully aware of Christian folklore and mythology. If you can present a few examples of divine or supernatural intervention that have occurred and been documented objectively in, say, the last few years, I would consider them. But you don't. And you can't.
so you have no evidence, thanks.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Oct 12

I remember the Dunblane massacre of innocent children. I was working in a house
at the time, a child minder, was crying. when i asked her why she was crying she
related the details of the Dunblane massacre. such was her compassion, such was
her fellow feeling that she was moved to tears for the mothers of those victims and
their families, ...[text shortened]... sting and significant that one of the victims was a Jehovahs witness
as was the women herself.
3. Proper Knob, have counselled her to refrain from crying because there are far
more cancer victims to worry about and this matter was insignificant by comparison

Where did i say anything remotely of the sort? Why are you making stuff up again?

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

you haven't said why its a valid point, have you, nor what it validates, have you.
It is valid because it is relevant to the theme in the thread of Galveston's motivation for posting a public forum prayer request.

F

Moves
20 Oct 12

so you have no evidence, thanks.
The onus is on you to come up with some. There is no onus on me to prove a negative.

Moves
20 Oct 12

JW's are forbidden from violence by their governing body; perhaps the scenario you present here painfully highlights the problematical position with adopting such a belief.

In fact some time ago I asked the JWs directly if they would use violence as a last resort to defend the life of a loved one; you can imagine the flow of thread that ensued.

Moves
20 Oct 12

spank yourself across the face and then tell yourself that you did it out of love.
if you had/have a daughter in a similar situation, who would you prefer was there to help her. me or you?.......shall i give myself another slap?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Oct 12

many thanks.
there is nothing special about recorded fables or some prayers out of billions coming true. if a billion people prayed to a dust mite, millions of prayers would be answered.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by galveston75
2 Timothy 3:1-3
Good News Translation (GNT)

The Last Days

3 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and (conceited); they will be (insulting), disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and (irreligious), 3 they will be (unkind), (merciless), slanderers, violent, and ...[text shortened]... ould act in such a sad time.
I'll be in touch Robbie as the news comes in the next few days.
circumstantial nonsense. those symptoms of the last days have always existed in human civilization.

further, you assessment of those symptoms being fulfilled by anyone here is flawed, unless you are applying it to yourself.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Oct 12

indeed. and to whom?

the request is to pray to a god who knew this would happen; who had the ability to stop it from happening and who stood by and allowed it to happen without lifting a finger to help. and now we have to pray to this disgusting creature to return the victim unharmed?

that is the sad part of this ordeal. if you want to help, get over there and start searching. prayers are as useful as an a$$hole on your elbow.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by boonon
I have, a good friend of mine is in stage 4. I prayed for him today.

As I stated before, I cannot explain why God answers some and not all.

Are you dying from stage 4 cancer as my good friend is? I would like to pray for you also.
Fortunately there is no need to pray for me thanks boonon, i'm as healthy as can be.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Oct 12

Piece of Garbage,

its only natural for a parent to be concerned with his son being upset and his daughter worried .
Yes I was wrong.
From now on I suggest that when any of us has a family member upset or worried we post on the Spirituality forum.