1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '23 02:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    On celibacy, Jesus said:

“Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.” (Matthew 19:11)

He ...[text shortened]... between Christian teaching (especially when not backed up by scripture) and the teachings of Christ.
    As you see it, should Christian homosexuals who see homosexual sex as "sinful" [because of their conditioning by their church], and who nevertheless engage in it, be repentant and pray for forgiveness each time after having sex?

Or do you see, theologically speaking, that willful and deliberate "sinfulness" is automatically forgiven through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '23 07:52
    @fmf said
    As you see it, should Christian homosexuals who see homosexual sex as "sinful" [because of their conditioning by their church], and who nevertheless engage in it, be repentant and pray for forgiveness each time after having sex?

Or do you see, theologically speaking, that willful and deliberate "sinfulness" is automatically forgiven through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus?
    I think gay Christians shouldn't concern themselves with what other humans think, even if this is within the church or church dogma. A Christian should only concern themselves with scripture, and especially the teachings of Jesus, believing as they do He speaks for God. (Or is God).

The issue of forgiveness (if required) is between the Christian and their maker. - However, the same Jesus who tells people to go and sin no more also tells people not to cast stones at sinners and implies nobody is without sin. On this basis, 'all' Christians probably require forgiveness.
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Jul '23 13:07
    Pope has just assigned 21 new Cardinals..they are said to be ultra liberals who don't follow the exact words of the Bible.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '23 14:23
    @fmf said

🙄
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '23 20:28
    @suzianne said
    🙄
    By jove. I've stumbled across yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jul '23 08:32
    @fmf said
    By jove. I've stumbled across yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
    "Another topic"?

Same old topic. A topic you don't believe in yourself, yet you're grilling others about it?

Sit down.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '23 14:58
    @suzianne said
    "Another topic"?

Same old topic. A topic you don't believe in yourself, yet you're grilling others about it?

Sit down.
    But FMF does “believe in the topic” he’s evidently very committed to the topic.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '23 01:08
    @suzianne said
    "Another topic"?
    Yes, yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '23 11:57
    @fmf said
    Yes, yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
    Another topic you can't be bothered to believe in, yet you believe you can bother others about.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '23 11:58
    @divegeester said
    But FMF does “believe in the topic” he’s evidently very committed to the topic.
    He believes in sin?

Probably a surprise to him.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '23 22:02
    @suzianne said
    He believes in sin?

Probably a surprise to him.
    I believe that the notion of "sin" is very real to people who believe that God's will can be transgressed and I believe that this phenomenon has a massive effect on human behaviour and interaction. Thus, it is an interesting topic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree