pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I am not asking you to change my mind. I am asking you to provide the Christian teaching to which you reference and upon which your opinion is based.
I have ascertained what your opinion is - that these things are not "sinful" - it is apparently what Suzianne believes as well - so I'm fine with that. I am not interested in comparing your opinion to mine.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
I believe it is widespread and very openly espoused and not "secret" at all.
Great. If it is so widespread you can provide one biblical example.

Where in the Bible does it specifically say abortion is sinful?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
FMF is of the opinion that Christian teaching says abortion is sinful but he is unable or unwilling to show where it says that. We just have to take his word for it.
I am not a Christian and I am not proselytising.

Moves
344d
1 edit

@fmf said
I am not a Christian and I am not proselytising.
Again, a cringe worthy reply.

If Christian teaching says abortion is sinful (as you claim) kindly provide a biblical example. (This should be easy, as you say it is widespread).

F

Moves
344d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Great. If it is so widespread you can provide one biblical example.

Where in the Bible does it specifically say abortion is sinful?
You should tackle Christians on this matter, not an atheist. If you assert that I am wrong to believe that abortion and homosexual sex are "sinful" according to Christian teaching, then I fully accept that that is your view

Moves
344d

@fmf said
You should tackle Christians on this matter, not an atheist. If you assert that I am wrong to believe that abortion and homosexual sex are "sinful" according to Christian teaching, then I fully accept that that is your view
I accept your white flag.

Perhaps stick to statements you are capable of backing up. (It's meaningless to reference Christian teachings you are unable to provide).

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again, a cringe worthy reply.

If Christian teaching says abortion is sinful (as you claim) kindly provide a biblical example. (This should be easy, as you say it is widespread).
If you don’t think the belief that those behaviours are "sinful" is widespread among Christians and openly espoused, then I accept that that is your stance.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps stick to statements you are capable of backing up. (It's meaningless to reference Christian teachings you are unable to provide).
If you believe homosexual sex and abortions are not "sinful" behaviours, then so be it. You should have said so at the outset. I have only ever been seeking your opinion and have not been seeking to present this teaching or that teaching to you.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Your atheism here is no defence. It is you who felt able to speak on behalf of Christian teachings, despite being unable to provide those teachings when asked.

Bizarrely though, your opinion is based on these Christian teachings you are unable to provide.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your atheism here is no defence. It is you who felt able to speak on behalf of Christian teachings, despite being unable to provide those teachings when asked.

Bizarrely though, your opinion is based on these Christian teachings you are unable to provide.
As I have said, if you think my perception about Christian beliefs regarding homosexuality and abirtion is wrong, I accept that you think I am wrong.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
If you don’t think the belief that those behaviours are "sinful" is widespread among Christians and openly espoused, then I accept that that is your stance.
Why are you dodging this?

Provide your Christian teaching that abortion is sinful. Christian teachings derives from the bible. Where is your scriptural basis for your claim?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why are you dodging this?

Provide your Christian teaching that abortion is sinful. Christian teachings derives from the bible. Where is your scriptural basis for your claim?
If you believe that my stance is mistaken, I accept that this is what you believe. If you want to discuss the theology of it, I suggest you talk to Christians about it.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I am not a Christian. I am not a Christian teacher. I do not propagate Christian teachings. I don't seek to justify this theological position or that theological position. If you want to know why the view that homosexual sex and abortion are "sinful" is widespread among Christians, you should discuss it with Christians .

Moves
344d

@fmf said
I have only ever been seeking your opinion and have not been seeking to present this teaching or that teaching to you.
My opinion is that you are unable to back up your claim that Christian teaching says abortion is sinful?

Indeed, you are unable to provide a single reference from the bible.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
If you believe that my stance is mistaken,
It is (so far) unsupported and therefore redundant.