pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
We have already established it is sinful according to the OT. I am asking you what Jesus said about it?
Do you not believe that it is "sinful" according to Christian teaching? If you don't have an opinion about it, it's OK by me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
338d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, I think I'll keep on posting about it here.

What did Christ say about homosexuality or abortion?

.......Anything?
Jesus said marriage is between man and a woman.
There is no marriage between man and man or woman and woman.
Therefore any sexual intercourse between same sex couples is a kind of fornication.

Moves
338d

@fmf said
No it's alright. I'll ask the Christians, then.
Weak. You asked if having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching, and yet are completely unable to reference anywhere in the Bible that says it is.

What did Jesus say about it?

F

Moves
338d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Please provide one reference he made on the issue. (He must have talked about it incessantly).
As I say, if you don’t think homosexuality is "sinful" according to Christian teaching - because it wasn't "talked about incessantly" - then I accept that as you stance.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
338d
3 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Fornication and homosexuality share the same biblical breath of judgement.

If 80% of Christians do indeed have sex before marriage that probably warrants a greater focus for you (of Christians not walking the Christian path) compared to the much smaller percentage of Christians in homosexual relationships.
Fornication, adultery and homosexuality do not share the same biblical breath of judgment. We can get an indication of how serious they are by looking at the punishment

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 KJV)

And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:15-16 KJV)

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 KJV)

Homosexuals - Death to both parties
Adultery - Death to both man and woman.
Sex with Animals - Death to man or woman and also animal.
Fornication - Pay the father a dowry and marry the woman [no divorce]

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Weak. You asked if having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching, and yet are completely unable to reference anywhere in the Bible that says it is.
You asked if having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching

And you have not answered.

you are completely unable to reference anywhere in the Bible that says it is

If you believe I am wrong to think that abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching, then I accept that that is your position.

F

Moves
338d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Just to be clear...

Abortion is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You agree, right?

Homosexual sex is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You agree, right?

Moves
338d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Fornication, adultery and homosexuality do not share the same biblical breath of judgment. We can get an indication of how serious they are by looking at the punishment

[i]If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

And t ...[text shortened]... woman and also animal.
Fornication - Pay the father a dowry and marry the woman [no divorce] [/b]
Can I have some references from the NT? (Preferably from Jesus).

Moves
338d

@fmf said
As I say, if you don’t think homosexuality is "sinful" according to Christian teaching - because it wasn't "talked about incessantly" - then I accept that as you stance.
So, not a single reference?

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So, not a single reference?
If you believe I am wrong about Christian teaching, then so be it. You are misjudging the moment completely if you think I am seeking to change your mind. All I have been doing is canvassing for your opinion.

Moves
338d
1 edit

@fmf said
You asked if having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching

And you have not answered.

you are completely unable to reference anywhere in the Bible that says it is

If you believe I am wrong to think that abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching, then I accept that that is your position.
Again. It is you who asked if abortion is sinful according to Christian teaching.

On what biblical passages have your formed your position that it is sinful? I think that is a perfectly reasonable question. Provide your biblical evidence that it is and I will comment on that evidence. Jesus himself made no reference to it.

F

Moves
338d

@fmf said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Just to be clear...

Abortion is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You agree, right?

Homosexual sex is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You agree, right?
Ghost of a Duke: Abortion is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching.

Ghost of a Duke: homosexual sex is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching.

Are these statements true according to you?

Just interested in your opinion, that's all.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again. It is you who asked if abortion is sinful according to Christian teaching.
I asked you if you believe it is.

Moves
338d

@fmf said
If you believe I am wrong about Christian teaching, then so be it.
But you haven't provided that Christian teaching.

Anyone can make generic claims about Christian teaching. Be specific.

Moves
338d

@fmf said
I asked you if you believe it is.
I haven't been presented with Christian teaching that says it is.

Will you be providing it any time soon?