1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    25 Jun '23 23:11
    is the Pope going to cave in to the WOKE Lgbtqa + pressure? throw the Bible out the window ?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jun '23 00:191 edit
    @mlb62

Seriously? The pope can’t even turn over evidence of sexual abuse by the clergy to civic authorities for a legal process to occur.

https://apnews.com/article/pope-vatican-abuse-adult-women-ddf5ef8cb166fac77934b491cecd0079

No way this pope is going to grapple with redefining gender categories. Sexuality and the Vatican are like ice cream and diesel: they just don’t go together well. Neither in a waffle-cone nor an engine.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '23 08:05
    @mlb62 said
    is the Pope going to cave in to the WOKE Lgbtqa + pressure? throw the Bible out the window ?
    Is the Pope under pressure to do so?
  4. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Jun '23 22:51
    @mlb62 said
    What "pressure" are you talking about? Gays and Lesbians have made up 2-3% of the human population since the dawn of humanity. There is no more "pressure" now than at any other time.

- And No, the Pope isn't going to throw the bible out a window. πŸ™„
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 00:01
    @mchill said
    What "pressure" are you talking about? Gays and Lesbians have made up 2-3% of the human population since the dawn of humanity. There is no more "pressure" now than at any other time.

- And No, the Pope isn't going to throw the bible out a window. πŸ™„
    I think the pope already threw the bible out of the window many centuries ago. Regarding this gay issue he has been calling for an end to anti-gay laws. There is nothing in the bible that supports that. If they govt wants to modify their laws then that is fine. As a professed representative for Gods will he needs to follow the bible teaching. Which is basically it is a sin.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 02:27
    @rajk999 said
    I think the pope already threw the bible out of the window many centuries ago. Regarding this gay issue he has been calling for an end to anti-gay laws. There is nothing in the bible that supports that. If they govt wants to modify their laws then that is fine. As a professed representative for Gods will he needs to follow the bible teaching. Which is basically it is a sin.
    Like most Republicans, you refuse to believe that people ARE out there actually doing their jobs.

You refuse to follow Jesus' commandment to love your neighbor. There is PLENTY in the Bible to support that. Anti-gay (and anti-trans) laws fly in the face of that. The pope is right, and he is NOT "throwing out the Bible". You Trump freaks are anti-Jesus. Try following him.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 02:48
    @suzianne said
    You refuse to follow Jesus' commandment to love your neighbor. There is PLENTY in the Bible to support that. Anti-gay (and anti-trans) laws fly in the face of that.
    Does "Jesus' commandment to love your neighbour" mean that homosexual sex is not "sinful"?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 06:34
    @mchill said
    Gays and Lesbians have made up 2-3% of the human population since the dawn of humanity.
    Have they?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 07:25
    @fmf said
    Does "Jesus' commandment to love your neighbour" mean that homosexual sex is not "sinful"?
    I think his commandment to love one's neighbour (and not casting stones) is all about tolerance and acceptance.

“There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbour?” (James 4:12)
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 07:32
    @fmf said
    Said the one who has disavowed that there is such a thing as sin.

This exposes your continued snark-a-thon. Since the conversation per se has no actual value for you, it degenerates into simple ad hominem. I refuse to play. Sorry, not sorry.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 09:13
    @suzianne said
    Said the one who has disavowed that there is such a thing as sin.
    I have never said "there is no such a thing as sin". I have said that "sin" is only real to people who believe there is a deity that has a will that one can transgress.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 09:17
    @suzianne said
    This exposes your continued snark-a-thon. Since the conversation per se has no actual value for you, it degenerates into simple ad hominem. I refuse to play. Sorry, not sorry.
    I find considerable value in discussing morality, ideology, faith, theology and everything attendant thereto. So you are mistaken to say I find "no actual value" in it. My question, which you have dodged, is not an ad hominem in any shape or form. Questions that make you dodge are not ad hominems.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 09:201 edit
    @suzianne said
    This exposes your continued snark-a-thon.
    Questions like, do you believe abortion is sinful, and do you believe homosexual sex is sinful, are not "snarks".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 09:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think his commandment to love one's neighbour (and not casting stones) is all about tolerance and acceptance.

“There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbour?” (James 4:12)
    Establishing whether or not homosexual sex is sinful according to current Christian teaching has nothing to do with being judgemental or tolerant.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 13:19
    @fmf said
    Establishing whether or not homosexual sex is sinful according to current Christian teaching has nothing to do with being judgemental or tolerant.
    'For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.' Romans 3:23-24

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree