pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Provide your biblical evidence that it is and I will comment on that evidence. Jesus himself made no reference to it.
I have no desire to change your mind on this issue. If you believe that I am wrong to think that aborting babies and having homosexual sex are "sinful" according to Christian teaching then I accept that that is your opinion.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But you haven't provided that Christian teaching.
I don't have to. I am not proselytising.

Moves
338d

@fmf said
Ghost of a Duke: Abortion is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching.

Ghost of a Duke: homosexual sex is not "sinful" according to Christian teaching.

Are these statements true according to you?

Just interested in your opinion, that's all.
I have my own opinion as an atheist, but Jesus was silent on both issues.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I haven't been presented with Christian teaching that says it is.
OK, i understand your opinion.

Moves
338d

@fmf said
I don't have to. I am not proselytising.
If you claim your views are based on Christian teaching, why are you unable to provide those Christian teachings?

It renders your position rather silly.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I have my own opinion as an atheist, but Jesus was silent on both issues.
If you don’t think that the two behaviours are "sinful" according to Christian principles, so be it.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If you claim your views are based on Christian teaching, why are you unable to provide those Christian teachings?
If you believe I am wrong, then I accept that that is your stance. I have zero interest in changing your mind.

Moves
338d
1 edit

@fmf said
OK, i understand your opinion.
I don't understand yours, as rather oddly you won't provide the Christian teaching it is based on.

Is it a secret teaching?

Moves
338d

@fmf said
If you don’t think that the two behaviours are "sinful" according to Christian principles, so be it.
'Teachings', 'principles', make up your mind.

And are we referring to OT or NT?

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't understand yours, as rather oddly you won't provide the Christian teaching it is based on.

Is it a secret teaching?
No. And I make no secret of the fact that I accept 100% that you think I am wrong to believe that abortions and homosexual sex are "sinful" according to Christian teacging.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'Teachings', 'principles', make up your mind.
Teachings, principles, doctrine, beliefs. I have been using them interchangeably

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And are we referring to OT or NT?
Everything that has combined to produce Christian beliefs, teachings, doctrines, and principles.

Moves
338d
1 edit

@fmf said
If you believe I am wrong, then I accept that that is your stance. I have zero interest in changing your mind.
I am not asking you to change my mind. I am asking you to provide the Christian teaching to which you reference and upon which your opinion is based.

Where in scripture does it specifically say abortion is sinful?

Edit: If you don't know, just say so.

F

Moves
338d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Is it a secret teaching?
I believe it is widespread and very openly espoused and not "secret" at all.

Moves
338d
1 edit

Thread update:

FMF is of the opinion that Christian teaching says abortion is sinful but he is unable or unwilling to show where it says that. We just have to take his word for it.