pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Well, it's the topic under discussion. What's interesting is that you think homosexual sex, according to Christian doctrine, is "sinful", but Suzianne doesn't.
What I think is that the Bible was written by men who believed homosexuality was a sin, along with drunkenness and disbelief in God.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How many Christians do that do you think? (Remain celibate until marriage).

(A quick Google search suggests only 20% )
I don't think an argumentum ad populum has much bearing on a discussion of whether or not fornication is "sinful" and should be eschewed according to Christian principles.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What I think is that the Bible was written by men who believed homosexuality was a sin, along with drunkenness and disbelief in God.
Is "homosexuality is not a sin" a tenet of Christian belief?

Moves
344d

@fmf said
I don't think an argumentum ad populum has much bearing on a discussion of whether or not fornication is "sinful" and should be eschewed according to Christian principles.
Fornication and homosexuality share the same biblical breath of judgement.

If 80% of Christians do indeed have sex before marriage that probably warrants a greater focus for you (of Christians not walking the Christian path) compared to the much smaller percentage of Christians in homosexual relationships.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Is "homosexuality is not a sin" a tenet of Christian belief?
What did Christ say about it?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Fornication and homosexuality share the same biblical breath of judgement.

If 80% of Christians do indeed have sex before marriage that probably warrants a greater focus for you (of Christians not walking the Christian path) compared to the much smaller percentage of Christians in homosexual relationships.
The issue I am actually interested in is Christians believing that things like having an abortion and engaging in homosexual sex are NOT "sinful" where I think secular ideology is trumping religious principle. If you want to focus on sex before marriage, start a thread about it and I will most likely contribute.

Moves
344d
1 edit

@fmf said
The issue I am actually interested in is Christians believing that things like having an abortion and engaging in homosexual sex are NOT "sinful" where I think secular ideology is trumping religious principle. If you want to focus on sex before marriage, start a thread about it and I will most likely contribute.
No, I think I'll keep on posting about it here.

What did Christ say about homosexuality or abortion?

.......Anything?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What did Christ say about it?
Your counter-question does not answer my question. Does your retort "What did Christ say about it?" mean your answer is "yes" or " no"?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

.......Anything?
Do you think having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

.......Anything?
Do you think homosexual sex is "sinful" according to Christian teaching? You said you did, before. Are you backpeddling?

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Do you think having an abortion is "sinful" according to Christian teaching?
Please provide the Christian teaching that says it is, then we can discuss.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
By "it" do you mean sex before marriage?

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Do you think homosexual sex is "sinful" according to Christian teaching? You said you did, before. Are you backpeddling?
We have already established it is sinful according to the OT. I am asking you what Jesus said about it?

Please provide one reference he made on the issue. (He must have talked about it incessantly).

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Please provide the Christian teaching that says it is, then we can discuss.
No it's alright. I'll ask the Christians, then.

Moves
344d

@fmf said
By "it" do you mean sex before marriage?
Any sin that runs parallel to the one you have highlighted.